• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markburn1
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    ...and all the perks that go with it.
    I knew it!!! I always suspected you were getting paid more than the rest of us.

Comment

• StatZag
      Banned
      • Dec 2020

Originally posted by MDABE80
      Over 2 beers and a wine..... and maybe a buzz, it’s just not a big deal. I bet if you split the samples given, one would be in the under 0.08 range.
      Not a big deal? He was trailed by a fire engine after the fire chief noticed his large SUV speeding in a residential area, swerving erratically, and in the words of the fire chief who called 911, Few almost hit 3 street signs. I expect if your grandkids lived on that street and were having their own labor day BBQ that evening, you might call it a big deal.

Few's two blood alcohol samples were .12 and .1199, which probably represents two recent drinks beyond the legal limit, almost certainly wasn't just 2 beers and a wine unless they were large and very alcoholic beers. How could you split these samples and expect another one to be under .08?

Comment

• GoZags
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
        I knew it!!! I always suspected you were getting paid more than the rest of us.
        Yep … just like clockwork. Once every decade and a half, Jazz gets a cup of coffee at a local strip mall paid for by a mod.

Oh wait …. the former AD showed his “quicks” to his wallet and he actually paid last time. Reminds me that we are waaaay overdue for that 2nd cup o’ Joe.
        sigpic
        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
        ——-
        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
          Yep … just like clockwork. Once every decade and a half, Jazz gets a cup of coffee at a local strip mall paid for by a mod.

Oh wait …. the former AD showed his “quicks” to his wallet and he actually paid last time. Reminds me that we are waaaay overdue for that 2nd cup o’ Joe.
          Anytime, old sport. It’s a Broken Yolk now. And Torrey Pines is still a chip shot away, if you want to test it.

Comment

• daskim
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2020

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            And Torrey Pines is still a chip shot away, if you want to test it.
            Played the South Course years ago, and loved it. Gorgeous views, old style layout, and a lot of fun. Dinner at Jake's at Del Mar.

Didn't know there were rattlesnakes next to the ocean, but saw a warning sign on the par-3 third hole.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
              Zag for Life
              • May 2008

I can’t believe this is still being discussed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• ZagNation
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
                I can’t believe this is still being discussed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Coffee or golf?

Comment

• gu03alum
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by StatZag View Post
                  Not a big deal? He was trailed by a fire engine after the fire chief noticed his large SUV speeding in a residential area, swerving erratically, and in the words of the fire chief who called 911, Few almost hit 3 street signs. I expect if your grandkids lived on that street and were having their own labor day BBQ that evening, you might call it a big deal.

Few's two blood alcohol samples were .12 and .1199, which probably represents two recent drinks beyond the legal limit, almost certainly wasn't just 2 beers and a wine unless they were large and very alcoholic beers. How could you split these samples and expect another one to be under .08?
                  Bring back the OCC

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by daskim View Post
                    Played the South Course years ago, and loved it. Gorgeous views, old style layout, and a lot of fun. Dinner at Jake's at Del Mar.

Didn't know there were rattlesnakes next to the ocean, but saw a warning sign on the par-3 third hole.
                    That’s the least of the vermin that infest our paradise. There are Zonies and Snowbirds from up north. And for one week a year, the HCs at Wazzu and SMC. /S

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagNation View Post
                      Coffee or golf?
                      Just keep your head down.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80
                        I played that course with Huey Lewis in 88. Great course. Down the road from Belly up bar. Lots of fun.
                        Makes sense for an eminent cardio to cavort with an eminent rocker associated with this song.

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupThe Heart Of Rock And Roll · Huey Lewis & The NewsSports℗ A Capitol Records Release; ℗ 1999 Capitol Records, LLCR...

Comment

• tummydoc
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2013

El patio dollar pitcher nights! Glad my donations went to a noble cause Abe.

Comment

• gu03alum
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Bump to page 19. Next stop 20!

Bring back the OCC

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

2021-22 season team practices are now officially underway yet crickets still from the university as to how this blemish on Few’s otherwise spotless record will be addressed. It’s like being stuck in a traffic jam long after the accident occurred due to rubbernecking; GU needs to bring closure to the entire incident by formally announcing consequences (or no consequences, if that’s the decision) so the wreckage can be removed and the rubbernecking cease. Eager to move on and focus on this season’s team and our hoop dreams….if only the university will let us.
                              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• Zagceo
                                Zag for Life
                                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                                2021-22 season team practices are now officially underway yet crickets still from the university as to how this blemish on Few’s otherwise spotless record will be addressed. It’s like being stuck in a traffic jam long after the accident occurred due to rubbernecking; GU needs to bring closure to the entire incident by formally announcing consequences (or no consequences, if that’s the decision) so the wreckage can be removed and the rubbernecking cease. Eager to move on and focus on this season’s team and our hoop dreams….if only the university will let us.
                                Think it’s clear….Few will get his day in court.

Gonzaga Director of Athletics Chris Standiford said in a statement Tuesday that the department is "aware of the report that Coach Few was cited for suspicion of driving under the influence."
                                "While the facts of the situation are still being evaluated, we understand its severity and the legal process that will follow. As a Gonzaga employee, we respect Coach Few’s right to privacy and will refrain from further comment at this time," the statement continues.

Comment

Working...
                                X