Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Few Cited For Drunk Driving

i suspect if this thread is closed,
    a bit of new news or development will occur and
    another thread on this subject will start up.
    This is too big an event for zag nation to have everyone
    agree, ok lets not talk about it anymore...

There it is! Go for 20! We should!

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Usually when everything is said that could be said, reasonably bright people call it quits. Nothing more to learn on this. It’s gone downhill for days. There is nothing left to say that fills a hole. It’s over. Hope dims for some new breakthrough... a tidbit or refashioning of a tiny missed point.And 24 it moves to the top because it serves as a signpost that the topic is exhausted.
    Yet you lead in total postings. Hmmmm
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Yet you lead in total postings. Hmmmm
    NO "hmmmmmm" about it. You need to look further as to what's in my posts. I said this thread has run it's course about 1 week ago. In support of others, however, I think we should further discuss Few's maladies and mistake for 20 full pages!! GO for 20! There must be more to say!!

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaZagFan View Post
    Honestly, if Tommy was still around I wouldn’t be surprised if Few just decided to step down and not let this be a distraction to him or the team. You know opposing student sections are going to have a field day with this.
    He's going to step down because of heckling from the student sections? That's an extremely bizarre take.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Quote Originally Posted by billyberu View Post
    He's going to step down because of heckling from the student sections? That's an extremely bizarre take.

Worst one I’ve seen in a very long time
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Not because of heckling student sections but I’ve wondered if the bright spotlight on him now may not be tempting Few to step away. We know he is a humble, private person who has never sought out the spotlight. Just wants to coach his guys and win. This episode must be hugely embarrassing and traumatic for him to say the least. The more time passes without any closure, legally and w university and what next steps are, the more I worry Few may say f all this, we had a great run but I dont want to be in the public spotlight anymore.
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Not because of heckling student sections but I’ve wondered if the bright spotlight on him now may not be tempting Few to step away. We know he is a humble, private person who has never sought out the spotlight. Just wants to coach his guys and win. This episode must be hugely embarrassing and traumatic for him to say the least. The more time passes without any closure, legally and w university and what next steps are, the more I worry Few may say f all this, we had a great run but I dont want to be in the public spotlight anymore.
    No way he’d voluntarily leave this team, arguably his most talented ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    No way he’d voluntarily leave this team, arguably his most talented ever.
    After the opening tip, all focus will be on the game. Few hasn’t built up anywhere near the notoriety of many other coaches in college basketball.

Gotta say... at what point did we get the impression that Few was a quitter? Private, yes. Quit... ummm... no.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

This thread is "Doomed"

Go Zags!!!

Yeah, just zero chance Few would build the program to this level and quit based on this. Or a few fans yelling something from the student section. There will be a consequence here and then everyone is going to move on. Legal case will likely be resolved pretty easily. Just basketball after that.

Thanks to CarolinaZagfan for giving us a post that we can write about in order to keep this thread open and relevant. Few would never "quit" or step down. It's not in his DNA. As much as he's a great coach, he's also a great teacher. What would he be teaching his players if he "quit?" This is the most talented group of players that has ever been assembled at Gonzaga, and I'm sure all of them came to Gonzaga because Few is the coach. These guys want to win a National Championship, and Few is the coach who can get them there. There is not a single player, or his family, who wants to Few to step down. At least that's my opinion. Nor do I believe that this will affect future players and their families when they make a decision whether to go to Gonzaga or not. I am really looking forward to see how all this plays out, and can hardly wait for our first game.

Go Zags! The Overcomers!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Coach made a mistake, he will pay for it in some ways, and life will move on. That doesn’t mean anyone is justifying or minimizing what happened.

In all reality, this is only a story on here at this point. The national narrative already moved on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Coach made a mistake, he will pay for it in some ways, and life will move on. That doesn’t mean anyone is justifying or minimizing what happened.

In all reality, this is only a story on here at this point. The national narrative already moved on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    When the university penalty is announced, the story will go national again. When Few misses a game or games, and when he has his first game back, it will be national again. When the legal penatly is figured out, it will be national again.

Does ANYONE believe it's a mere coincidence that (for the first time ever?) Gonzaga scheduled 2 exhibition "games" that don't count for their record (both against non-D1 programs) if GU wasn't trying to create "events" that coach could be suspended from which reality aren't meaningful absences? We all rightfully call BS when Arizona punishes itself with a "self suspension from the postseason" in a year when they know they won't make the postseason, because it's an obvious attempt to appear to have faced a consequence without facing one. Is this any different? I'm asking as a Zag fan but not a blind one.

By yesterday's announcement, GU can now suspend Few for 3 "games" and only 1 of them is a game of record (which itself is a massive cupcake) - then Few will return to face Texas.

I'd honestly have had more respect for the program if they'd just suspended Few for 2 games and play their standard single exhibition game. I hope my cynicism is proved wrong, but who's taking that bet? I will 100% eat crow and gain respect for the program if Few's suspension of games actually only counts games of record, not exhibition scrimmages vs non D1 teams.

Young term with 4 new guys to train into the system. I’d have another exhibition game if I was trying to get them court time. This is a national championship team. Few will go all out as will the university.

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag View Post
    When the university penalty is announced, the story will go national again. When Few misses a game or games, and when he has his first game back, it will be national again. When the legal penatly is figured out, it will be national again.

Does ANYONE believe it's a mere coincidence that (for the first time ever?) Gonzaga scheduled 2 exhibition "games" that don't count for their record (both against non-D1 programs) if GU wasn't trying to create "events" that coach could be suspended from which reality aren't meaningful absences? We all rightfully call BS when Arizona punishes itself with a "self suspension from the postseason" in a year when they know they won't make the postseason, because it's an obvious attempt to appear to have faced a consequence without facing one. Is this any different? I'm asking as a Zag fan but not a blind one.

By yesterday's announcement, GU can now suspend Few for 3 "games" and only 1 of them is a game of record (which itself is a massive cupcake) - then Few will return to face Texas.

I'd honestly have had more respect for the program if they'd just suspended Few for 2 games and play their standard single exhibition game. I hope my cynicism is proved wrong, but who's taking that bet? I will 100% eat crow and gain respect for the program if Few's suspension of games actually only counts games of record, not exhibition scrimmages vs non D1 teams.
    I think that we should be treated just like a P5 school. I humbly suggest a 3 game suspension for the Coach of Western Kentucky!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

We played 2 exhibition games each year from 1998-2006.

14 pages. Crazy.

It's OK to forgive yourself Coach. It's a skill set we could all probably work on. You'll make the right decisions. I have every faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    We played 2 exhibition games each year from 1998-2006.

Thanks for the context!

What do you think inspired the renewal after a 15yr absence?

Thanks for the context!

New player development. We already know what you think but keep fishing.

Thanks for the context!

Assume the best of others, not the worst.

So many lessons to learn on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post

So many lessons to learn on this thread.
    Yep. It takes all kinds to make the world (and this Board) go ‘round).

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

Default Withers: A different side of Mark Few

(mods, I missed this last week. Didn't want to have it get lost on Page #14 of the other thread [where I may have missed it myself]. Move when you please. Thanks.)

http://www.gloryhounds.net/whatsnew/...de-of-mark-few
    But we don't play nobody.

All over the place. Withers is too good a writer not to have a tighter narrative and POV. Bottom line, like all here he’s massively disappointed and uncertain how it all plays out; though the HoF comment was a first.