X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagceo
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2013

probably near his lake house....too bad.

Gonzaga coach Mark Few apologized for a "lapse in judgment" after he was cited for driving under the influence Monday night in Idaho.

Comment

• bartruff1
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2010

That is shocking and sad....for someone his age and position it is inexcusable .....hopefully it is just a mistake in judgement and not a indication of a more serious problem......

Comment

• Mr Vulture
        Zag for Life
        • May 2008

Very disappointing, but people make mistakes. Considering all the good he has done, as well as no history of issues previously, I am not going to be to hard on the coach. That doesn't mean that he should be given a pass, it means that I will let it all play out and hopefully something teachable can ultimately come out of this.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

So disappointed in Few right now. Dude chose to drink and drive, a decision that literally kills people. Don’t wanna see him demonized for one bad decision but it’s a doozy. GU damn sure needs to publicly condemn the behavior and announce consequences. Failure to do so would be bad PR and, more importantly, undermine Few’s authority to hold his players accountable.

On a lighter note, too soon to start a poll on who is his missing designated driver: Lloyd or Roth?
          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• ZagsObserver
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Zag365 View Post
            Wow, never thought I'd be reading this. Has hell frozen over too?
            Same thought.

That said, everyone makes mistakes. Few has done more than enough good for both the university and community to warrant compassion over unhelpful critique.

I’m certain he’s embarrassed, especially as commentators will likely mention this throughout the season.

Comment

• Zag_Dad
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2013

Really sad news. It is very disappointing news, but Few is human like the rest of us. There is no mens rea for DUI which means it's not a crime where you have to have formed an intent to be guilty of the offense. It's a crime of poor judgement. I'm happy no one was hurt and that he was alone in the vehicle. I suspect Few will take responsibility and resolve the matter quickly. I don't know anything about ID laws, but in Washington the common resolution for this offense would be a reduction to Negligent Driving First Degree with no jail time and no license suspension. I never heard the outcome with Josh Perkin's arrest, but I suspect that is what happened with his DUI.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zag_Dad View Post
                Really sad news. It is very disappointing news, but Few is human like the rest of us. There is no mens rea for DUI which means it's not a crime where you have to have formed an intent to be guilty of the offense. It's a crime of poor judgement. I'm happy no one was hurt and that he was alone in the vehicle. I suspect Few will take responsibility and resolve the matter quickly. I don't know anything about ID laws, but in Washington the common resolution for this offense would be a reduction to Negligent Driving First Degree with no jail time and no license suspension. I never heard the outcome with Josh Perkin's arrest, but I suspect that is what happened with his DUI.
                I’d hope Few would be more out in front of this than hiding behind the peculiarities of the law. He’s a public figure, a well paid university employee and leader in his industry. Grab this by the throat, and do good.

Comment

• hockeyzag
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                  I’d hope Few would be more out in front of this than hiding behind the peculiarities of the law. He’s a public figure, a well paid university employee and leader in his industry. Grab this by the throat, and do good.
                  Agreed 100%. Anything less would be beneath his prior words and actions.
                  "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
                  -Zach Norvell Jr.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jun 2007

Secondary, but you can all but guarantee that Coach Few wont be on the sidelines for the Texas, Duke or UCLA games.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                      Secondary, but you can all but guarantee that Coach Few wont be on the sidelines for the Texas, Duke or UCLA games.
                      Irrelevant.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2013

Irrelevant.
                        Agreed. Like you said Jazz, he needs to do good with this mistake and not hide behind it. I have full confidence he will do so.
                        Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• Zagceo
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2013

wish GU/Few would've broke news first.

expect response as this story spreads

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Irrelevant.
                            Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                            wish GU/Few would've broke news first.

expect response as this story builds
                            Yes, he should make a public statement ASAP. For the 6 o’clock news if possible.

Comment

• ZagsObserver
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2010

Perkins was suspended 2 games. Here’s what Perkins dealt with over the course of his senior season:

“On campus, students shook their head disapprovingly, calling him an alcoholic and crazy partier. At road games, opposing student sections chanted “D-U-I!” when Perkins touched the ball. At BYU, an errant pass went sailing into the stands, knocking over a Cougars fan’s peanuts. Perkins went over to help clean up, but walked away when the fan quipped that there was alcohol in the peanuts, and did that mean Perkins wanted some?”

Comment

• daskim
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2020

It's being reported nationally as well.

Gonzaga coach Mark Few apologized for a "lapse in judgment" after he was cited for driving under the influence Monday night in Idaho.

Few has always been a coach and a person to take responsibility. We all make mistakes, and the real test of character is what you do after the mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X