X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoopaholic
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by MDABE80
    Usually when everything is said that could be said, reasonably bright people call it quits. Nothing more to learn on this. It’s gone downhill for days. There is nothing left to say that fills a hole. It’s over. Hope dims for some new breakthrough... a tidbit or refashioning of a tiny missed point.And 24 it moves to the top because it serves as a signpost that the topic is exhausted.
    Yet you lead in total postings. Hmmmm
    The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• billyberu
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CarolinaZagFan View Post
      Honestly, if Tommy was still around I wouldn’t be surprised if Few just decided to step down and not let this be a distraction to him or the team. You know opposing student sections are going to have a field day with this.
      He's going to step down because of heckling from the student sections? That's an extremely bizarre take.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
      Surfmonkey89

Comment

• gonzagafan62
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by billyberu View Post
        He's going to step down because of heckling from the student sections? That's an extremely bizarre take.

Worst one I’ve seen in a very long time
        Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Not because of heckling student sections but I’ve wondered if the bright spotlight on him now may not be tempting Few to step away. We know he is a humble, private person who has never sought out the spotlight. Just wants to coach his guys and win. This episode must be hugely embarrassing and traumatic for him to say the least. The more time passes without any closure, legally and w university and what next steps are, the more I worry Few may say f all this, we had a great run but I dont want to be in the public spotlight anymore.
          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
            Not because of heckling student sections but I’ve wondered if the bright spotlight on him now may not be tempting Few to step away. We know he is a humble, private person who has never sought out the spotlight. Just wants to coach his guys and win. This episode must be hugely embarrassing and traumatic for him to say the least. The more time passes without any closure, legally and w university and what next steps are, the more I worry Few may say f all this, we had a great run but I dont want to be in the public spotlight anymore.
            No way he’d voluntarily leave this team, arguably his most talented ever.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
              No way he’d voluntarily leave this team, arguably his most talented ever.
              After the opening tip, all focus will be on the game. Few hasn’t built up anywhere near the notoriety of many other coaches in college basketball.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                • Feb 2007

Gotta say... at what point did we get the impression that Few was a quitter? Private, yes. Quit... ummm... no.
                "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Zaga
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Nov 2010

This thread is "Doomed"

Go Zags!!!

Comment

• zagfan08
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Yeah, just zero chance Few would build the program to this level and quit based on this. Or a few fans yelling something from the student section. There will be a consequence here and then everyone is going to move on. Legal case will likely be resolved pretty easily. Just basketball after that.

Comment

• Reborn
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2007

Thanks to CarolinaZagfan for giving us a post that we can write about in order to keep this thread open and relevant. Few would never "quit" or step down. It's not in his DNA. As much as he's a great coach, he's also a great teacher. What would he be teaching his players if he "quit?" This is the most talented group of players that has ever been assembled at Gonzaga, and I'm sure all of them came to Gonzaga because Few is the coach. These guys want to win a National Championship, and Few is the coach who can get them there. There is not a single player, or his family, who wants to Few to step down. At least that's my opinion. Nor do I believe that this will affect future players and their families when they make a decision whether to go to Gonzaga or not. I am really looking forward to see how all this plays out, and can hardly wait for our first game.

Go Zags! The Overcomers!!!
                      Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                        Zag for Life
                        • May 2008

Coach made a mistake, he will pay for it in some ways, and life will move on. That doesn’t mean anyone is justifying or minimizing what happened.

In all reality, this is only a story on here at this point. The national narrative already moved on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• StatZag
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2020

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
                          Coach made a mistake, he will pay for it in some ways, and life will move on. That doesn’t mean anyone is justifying or minimizing what happened.

In all reality, this is only a story on here at this point. The national narrative already moved on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          When the university penalty is announced, the story will go national again. When Few misses a game or games, and when he has his first game back, it will be national again. When the legal penatly is figured out, it will be national again.

Does ANYONE believe it's a mere coincidence that (for the first time ever?) Gonzaga scheduled 2 exhibition "games" that don't count for their record (both against non-D1 programs) if GU wasn't trying to create "events" that coach could be suspended from which reality aren't meaningful absences? We all rightfully call BS when Arizona punishes itself with a "self suspension from the postseason" in a year when they know they won't make the postseason, because it's an obvious attempt to appear to have faced a consequence without facing one. Is this any different? I'm asking as a Zag fan but not a blind one.

By yesterday's announcement, GU can now suspend Few for 3 "games" and only 1 of them is a game of record (which itself is a massive cupcake) - then Few will return to face Texas.

I'd honestly have had more respect for the program if they'd just suspended Few for 2 games and play their standard single exhibition game. I hope my cynicism is proved wrong, but who's taking that bet? I will 100% eat crow and gain respect for the program if Few's suspension of games actually only counts games of record, not exhibition scrimmages vs non D1 teams.

Comment

• willandi
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by StatZag View Post
                            When the university penalty is announced, the story will go national again. When Few misses a game or games, and when he has his first game back, it will be national again. When the legal penatly is figured out, it will be national again.

Does ANYONE believe it's a mere coincidence that (for the first time ever?) Gonzaga scheduled 2 exhibition "games" that don't count for their record (both against non-D1 programs) if GU wasn't trying to create "events" that coach could be suspended from which reality aren't meaningful absences? We all rightfully call BS when Arizona punishes itself with a "self suspension from the postseason" in a year when they know they won't make the postseason, because it's an obvious attempt to appear to have faced a consequence without facing one. Is this any different? I'm asking as a Zag fan but not a blind one.

By yesterday's announcement, GU can now suspend Few for 3 "games" and only 1 of them is a game of record (which itself is a massive cupcake) - then Few will return to face Texas.

I'd honestly have had more respect for the program if they'd just suspended Few for 2 games and play their standard single exhibition game. I hope my cynicism is proved wrong, but who's taking that bet? I will 100% eat crow and gain respect for the program if Few's suspension of games actually only counts games of record, not exhibition scrimmages vs non D1 teams.
                            I think that we should be treated just like a P5 school. I humbly suggest a 3 game suspension for the Coach of Western Kentucky!
                            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Zagdawg
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

We played 2 exhibition games each year from 1998-2006.

Comment

• coolhandzag
                                Bleeds GU Blue
                                • Feb 2007

14 pages. Crazy.

It's OK to forgive yourself Coach. It's a skill set we could all probably work on. You'll make the right decisions. I have every faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X