Thread: Coach Few Cited For Drunk Driving

Hybrid View

Default Coach Few Cited For Drunk Driving

Ughhh.........

From Meehan on Twitter:

BREAKING: Gonzaga basketball coach Mark Few cited for drunk driving
    https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...ed-for-drunk-/

Teachable moment for the kids.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    Teachable moment for the kids.
    It's really unfortunate because he is supposed to be setting an example for them and the program. At his age, this is inexcusable.

Wow, never thought I'd be reading this. Has hell frozen over too?

Quote Originally Posted by Zag365 View Post
    Wow, never thought I'd be reading this.
    Exact thought that went through my head when I saw it.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

so Few is human.....so are we......learn from it....move on...

Quote Originally Posted by Zag365 View Post
    Wow, never thought I'd be reading this. Has hell frozen over too?
    Same thought.

That said, everyone makes mistakes. Few has done more than enough good for both the university and community to warrant compassion over unhelpful critique.

I’m certain he’s embarrassed, especially as commentators will likely mention this throughout the season.

Proof positive this world is upside down right now.

Glad nobody was hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Proof positive this world is upside down right now.

Glad nobody was hurt.
    Most important point in all of this...damned lucky

Pisses me off, especially when the wealthy do this. No excuse to not get an Uber, driver, etc. when you are making the money he does.

Not excited to watch the fallout.

Feeling sick to my stomach after reading this.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    Pisses me off, especially when the wealthy do this. No excuse to not get an Uber, driver, etc. when you are making the money he does.

Not excited to watch the fallout.
    Yeah - they don't have a helicopter or chauffeur following him around at all times?

He can get advice from Bob Huggins

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Ughhh.........

From Meehan on Twitter:

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...ed-for-drunk-/
    Idaho Vandal mafia teamed up with the Coog mafia to set him up. Everyone makes a mistake move on to more important things.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Idaho Vandal mafia teamed up with the Coog mafia to set him up. Everyone makes a mistake move on to more important things.
    Really bad take. Nothing to joke about here.

That is shocking and sad....for someone his age and position it is inexcusable .....hopefully it is just a mistake in judgement and not a indication of a more serious problem......

Very disappointing, but people make mistakes. Considering all the good he has done, as well as no history of issues previously, I am not going to be to hard on the coach. That doesn't mean that he should be given a pass, it means that I will let it all play out and hopefully something teachable can ultimately come out of this.

Really sad news. It is very disappointing news, but Few is human like the rest of us. There is no mens rea for DUI which means it's not a crime where you have to have formed an intent to be guilty of the offense. It's a crime of poor judgement. I'm happy no one was hurt and that he was alone in the vehicle. I suspect Few will take responsibility and resolve the matter quickly. I don't know anything about ID laws, but in Washington the common resolution for this offense would be a reduction to Negligent Driving First Degree with no jail time and no license suspension. I never heard the outcome with Josh Perkin's arrest, but I suspect that is what happened with his DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    Really sad news. It is very disappointing news, but Few is human like the rest of us. There is no mens rea for DUI which means it's not a crime where you have to have formed an intent to be guilty of the offense. It's a crime of poor judgement. I'm happy no one was hurt and that he was alone in the vehicle. I suspect Few will take responsibility and resolve the matter quickly. I don't know anything about ID laws, but in Washington the common resolution for this offense would be a reduction to Negligent Driving First Degree with no jail time and no license suspension. I never heard the outcome with Josh Perkin's arrest, but I suspect that is what happened with his DUI.
    I’d hope Few would be more out in front of this than hiding behind the peculiarities of the law. He’s a public figure, a well paid university employee and leader in his industry. Grab this by the throat, and do good.

So disappointed in Few right now. Dude chose to drink and drive, a decision that literally kills people. Don’t wanna see him demonized for one bad decision but it’s a doozy. GU damn sure needs to publicly condemn the behavior and announce consequences. Failure to do so would be bad PR and, more importantly, undermine Few’s authority to hold his players accountable.

On a lighter note, too soon to start a poll on who is his missing designated driver: Lloyd or Roth?
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

All of us make mistakes. I'm glad no one was hurt and I hope Coach Few makes the most of this life lesson.

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Razorzag99 View Post
    All of us make mistakes. I'm glad no one was hurt and I hope Coach Few makes the most of this life lesson.

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk
    Agreed.

Wake me when the university announces the consequences they choose to hold Coach Few accountable.

Sent via mobile device

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

The university cannot wait for the legal process to play out; it needs to get in front of this. That is the responsible thing to do.

Others: agree or disagree?