Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Bump to page 17. Well on our way to 20!
    Bring back the OCC

Comment

• willandi
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

Has anybody ever driven when the've had a Few?
      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80
        Both good. I am coming with the wife. Family reunion is being set up now.
        To fine dine near the water, venture a bit south to 333 Pacific at the foot of Oceanside pier, or to Pacific Coast Grill, née Charlie’s, in Cardiff.

Comment

• Bogozags
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by willandi View Post
          When I was in the Navy (42 year's ago) - many times...very lucky! The military didn't frown on this activity...in fact we had Happy Hours in our clubs every Friday after knocking off from work...pitchers were 35cents...a glass was 15cents...Then Tailhook and everything changed...Clubs are almost entirely gone...now sure if this still goes on, but if you were within 50 miles of the Mexican border, those under 18 were permitted to drink 3.2 beer only in on-base clubs...Today drinking on post/base is frowned upon and DUI's can be career terminators, depending on your rank/position. My wife was a Substance Abuse Counselor as a Civil Service employee in the US, Europe and Asia and she had careers in her hand regarding her reports of those DUI citations, which were sent to Commanders.

I also remember driving while drinking legally in SC, NC and LA...those were crazy times and again very, very lucky not to have had any incidents.

Comment

• krozman
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by willandi View Post
            4 hours after having my last drink, why yes!
            Krozman
            GU student 1996-2000
            Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• jazzdelmar
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Oy, Henny Youngman has invaded this thread.

Comment

• Markburn1
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                Oy, Henny Youngman has invaded this thread.
                Henny wouldn't have driven. He would have flown home and complained about his tired arms.
                Last edited by Markburn1; 09-23-2021, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
                  Henry wouldn't have driven. He would have flown home and complained about his tired arms.
                  “You wanna help? (Pause for effect) Don’t help.”

Greatest one liner in history.

Comment

• Rangerzag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

This thread should be sifted with a sort action to divide as either actually newsworthy thread posts or the rest packaged justifiably as a Foo thread and sent there.

There is a lot of padding activity here that would fit right into the Foo.
                    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
                    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
                    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                      To fine dine near the water, venture a bit south to 333 Pacific at the foot of Oceanside pier, or to Pacific Coast Grill, née Charlie’s, in Cardiff.
                      I think I've dined at the Pacific Coast Grill, but that was (hard to believe) close to 10 years ago, when I was with the FDIC. I burned through an entire day's meal allowance there, but it was well worth it.

O/T, but the FDIC has a "Ready Reserve" established, with names of people who worked there during the last bank crisis. When the SHTF, they'll offer me a two year contract as a GS-14, which I'll politely say, "no thanks." That's how good I have it at my new job, though the pay is less than half that...and I'm not getting vaxxed under duress, i.e. the order from POTUS>

Comment

• gu03alum
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                        I think I've dined at the Pacific Coast Grill, but that was (hard to believe) close to 10 years ago, when I was with the FDIC. I burned through an entire day's meal allowance there, but it was well worth it.

O/T, but the FDIC has a "Ready Reserve" established, with names of people who worked there during the last bank crisis. When the SHTF, they'll offer me a two year contract as a GS-14, which I'll politely say, "no thanks." That's how good I have it at my new job, though the pay is less than half that...and I'm not getting vaxxed under duress, i.e. the order from POTUS>
                        Is that a non-supervisory 14?
                        Bring back the OCC

Comment

• MEZAG
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Feb 2007

The sunset ceremony at Fleetwoods on Front street in Maui is pretty unforgettable.
                          Last edited by MEZAG; 09-23-2021, 09:53 PM. Reason: dummy

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

This is it.

Jackson Lake Lodge official website. Lodging, dining and activities in Grand Teton National Park. Best rates guaranteed and more availability than any other site.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                              Zag for Life
                              • Oct 2008

As I type this into a thread that has reached 17 pages, there isn't much more to say on this one, but I wanted to do my part getting this to page 18.

Selfishly, I was getting used to Coach Few being a voice for college basketball. He has reached a place of prominence and respect, and these allegations-- which is what I will call them because we don't know the result of the legal proceedings yet-- threaten to take away his positive voice as an advocate for students and also for college who do things the right way. I don't want to see that go away. He was starting to become one of the first persons the media would go to for opinions on things, and it was quite heady to see testifying before Congress regarding player name, image and likeness rights. His moral and ethical authority should still be there, in my opinion, because this is not on the level of the major ethical concerns that NCAA MBB has been facing, which includes sexual misconduct being swept under the rug and the undue influence of financial interests on the recruiting side-- both of which are more systemic problems that involve/require many complicit persons to keep things hidden. Few's mistake was a one-time thing-- at least prima facie-- that, if it is not a symptom of a regular issue for him, should be readily correctable. The fact that this happened on a holiday weekend in a lake town is an easier PR issue to deal with than many other scenarios, in my opinion.

I like that Gonzaga has stayed above the fray in all of the scandalous recruiting stuff, and that their players for the most part have stayed out of trouble. I also like how they have given players the chance to make amends and learn from their mistakes. I have no doubt that the university will do the same for Few. I don't think this will change much for him during the season, aside from pointed heckling on the court and possibly a suspension that seems to always occur in these types of situations in less-than-meaningful games. I really hope that this doesn't end up being a huge distraction for the team, but I doubt Timme, Nembhard et al will let that be the case. Some of the parents are no doubt disappointed and worried, so I hope he has reached out to them personally to apologize. The same goes for the student athletes.

Recruiting might take the biggest hit, but I doubt it lasts for more than one recruitment cycle unless the team falls on its face during the season, which I highly doubt will happen. It is reassuring to me that this didn't result in a shakeup of the coaching staff. Deep down. I opine that a lot of persons see this whole thing as a cautionary tale of the this-could-have-happened-to-me variety, and turn the focus on themselves, thinking about the times this could have happened to them, or persons close to them, in the very least.

Comment

• zagdontzig
                                Zag for Life
                                • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Rangerzag View Post
                                This thread should be sifted with a sort action to divide as either actually newsworthy thread posts or the rest packaged justifiably as a Foo thread and sent there.

There is a lot of padding activity here that would fit right into the Foo.
                                Preach.
                                Originally posted by Reborn
                                Go Zags!!!
                                Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

Working...
                                X