Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The sun comes up in Missoula

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    I worked in the nuclear industry and have studied (and taught) decontamination techniques. I've always believed that professional painters would make the easiest transition to nuclear worker because painters understand how labor intensive that post job cleanup can be. Enough to warrant expending considerable energy into their site preparation which is the most efficient means to address post work cleanup. Indeed, site preparation for painting is very similar to site preparation for nuclear work. Regardless, the best painters have the least amount of paint (contamination) in undesired places when the day is done. Truth. I learned decontamination methods using a black light. It is simply amazing how something simple like static electricity can impact particle dispersion (charged particles can even overcome considerable air flow to move in the opposite direction). Just one example of many contributing factors.

What does this have to do with our dialog?

You tell me that you make appropriate accommodations for people. I think a better term for that would be that you take qualitative risk mitigation measures (the proper professional term). They are not quantitative measures (the highest NIOSH standard) because there is no sampling or measuring. So it really boils down to a matter of trusting your "accommodation" methods.. Now consider a person that truly believes that this pandemic is nothing more than exaggerated political hype. How much should I trust that person's qualitative risk mitigation measures (in other words, "accommodations")?

In fact I don't because I thoroughly understand the science of risk mitigation for particle dispersion at least as well as any expert you can reference me to.
    So, you avoid everybody except painters?

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    I worked in the nuclear industry and have studied (and taught) decontamination techniques. I've always believed that professional painters would make the easiest transition to nuclear worker because painters understand how labor intensive that post job cleanup can be. Enough to warrant expending considerable energy into their site preparation which is the most efficient means to address post work cleanup. Indeed, site preparation for painting is very similar to site preparation for nuclear work. Regardless, the best painters have the least amount of paint (contamination) in undesired places when the day is done. Truth. I learned decontamination methods using a black light. It is simply amazing how something simple like static electricity can impact particle dispersion (charged particles can even overcome considerable air flow to move in the opposite direction). Just one example of many contributing factors.

What does this have to do with our dialog?

You tell me that you make appropriate accommodations for people. I think a better term for that would be that you take qualitative risk mitigation measures (the proper professional term). They are not quantitative measures (the highest NIOSH standard) because there is no sampling or measuring. So it really boils down to a matter of trusting your "accommodation" methods.. Now consider a person that truly believes that this pandemic is nothing more than exaggerated political hype. How much should I trust that person's qualitative risk mitigation measures (in other words, "accommodations")?

In fact I don't because I thoroughly understand the science of risk mitigation for particle dispersion at least as well as any expert you can reference me to.
    Hanford hangover?

Today the Griz are playing probably the actual best team from Washington, and are getting smacked in the mouth right out of the gate by EWU.

That bright red field is...something. I'm not quite sure what, but it's something.

Huh. EWU was having their way early, but Montana has seized control.

Griz went ahead 21-10 early in Q3, but now EWU is up 24-21 early in Q4. This is a good game.

EWU erupted for 21 straight points in Q4 and looked totally in control. But Montana had a 99 yard kickoff return for a TD to get back in it. 31-28 Eags w/ about 4 1/2 minutes left, EWU is driving again.

34-28 final. Montana's QB got knocked out of the game on the final drive. The little used backup QB hit a couple passes to get them within range on the last play of the game. He got flushed, running for his life, hail mary into a crowd that got knocked down. One heck of a game.