Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 66

Thread: Who will be the biggest positive surprise and why?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,095

    Default

    My gut says Harris. He could become a defensive monster.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    18,452

    Default

    Strawther. He could be the most dynamic scorer since Ammo.

    And Jazz, that’s a sucker bet. I think Chet takes all the tips offs this year.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,366

    Default

    'Heart wants Watson . But after reviewing Bolton's films, I do think he's the one. Such a lot of experience. He does everything well. Doesn't matter if he was on a bad team, what matters is him. He's an all star. I hope we have him for 2 years.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bainbridge Island
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    From what I am hearing, Strawther will be the most pleasant “surprise,” and make the most unanticipated impact. And not just as a scorer either. He has been putting in the work and my guess is that it will show.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Strawther. He could be the most dynamic scorer since Ammo.

    And Jazz, thatís a sucker bet. I think Chet takes all the tips offs this year.
    I got that, but even if Tims jumps once Iím betting no.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    I think it says an enormous amount about this team that there have been so many different opinions on this question. So so deep! How many days to go?

  7. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    I think it says an enormous amount about this team that there have been so many different opinions on this question. So so deep! How many days to go?
    I alone gave three answers but wouldn’t be surprised if it was Strawther either. He looked great in limited action last year

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    I'm going with Kaden Perry. I don't think we're expecting much from him...just with his back injury, and all the other guys coming in that we're excited for. Perry was SOOO fun to watch at the youth basketball camp. Even though he said his back is still giving him some trouble, I'm gonna try and give him some good vibes and pick HIM for the big surprise this season.
    I didnít like the part about his back still bothering him.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,733

    Default

    I’m liking the insider info in this thread.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St. Clair, MO
    Posts
    9,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I didn’t like the part about his back still bothering him.
    Yeah...Honestly...after talking to him, I personally felt like I may have crossed the line a bit in asking him. But the WAY I asked, I kept it very low key and I am hoping it came off as 'caring' to Kaden.

    This was literally our convo:
    As Kaden is signing my son's sign.
    Me- "Awesome, thank you so much Kaden. We appreciate it."
    Kaden- You got it man! (something along those lines)
    Me- "How's your back feeling? You were dunking pretty easily out there today"
    Kaden- "Umm, it's getting there. Not 100%, but we're working on it"
    Me- "Great, good luck man!"
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St. Clair, MO
    Posts
    9,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I’m liking the insider info in this thread.
    A few more 'personality' tidbits that I will throw in, just based on the interactions I witnessed between players and campers, and interactions I personally had with some of them.

    Timme- About as down-to-Earth as they come. He was having a blast during camp, and loved hyping up the kids.
    Rasir- Very, very quiet. Kept his hoodie on (and hood up) every time I saw him. When he signed an autograph, he was very cordial, super nice, and told Kaleb 'you did great this week', which I thought was nice. But I see him as being somewhat quiet/reserved, but maybe unleashes everything on the court.
    Strawther- I think "Smiley" is a good nickname for him.
    Chet- I was struck by how personable he was. He was engaged in every convo he had with kids. He didn't act like someone who was 'too big' for this/that task. Seems like a truly great person, which I was glad to see.
    Evan Inglesby- Seems very "GU". He was as cool and polite as they come. The kids absolutely loved him. He was one of Kaleb's favorite players. I was struck by how athletic he was, and how pure his shot looks. What struck me MOST....he'll likely never see the floor!! And THAT'S the type of talent we have on our bench. Crazy.
    Anton- Again, I never saw him, but Kaleb absolutely loved him. Said he got hyped and cheered a lot.
    Kaden- He was something else. Jumping and hooting and hollering EVERY play of every drill or game. How freaking cool. Smiling and laughing and joking. Gotta love it.
    GBJ- All business. Did a great job running camp. You can tell he takes his role seriously. I appreciated him.
    Harris- Also extremely quiet, UNTIL....Kaleb torched another camper with a spin move and nice finish and Harris started jumping up and down clapping and yelled to GBJ "Did you see that?!?!". Kaleb loved that moment! haha.
    Gregg- Also felt like a Mr. GU type to me. I was struck by his size/broadness of his shoulders. Bigger than I pictured in my head. I honestly think he will be a nice contributing piece this season. Fingers crossed anyway!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    308

    Default

    In reading through this thread, at one time or another, nearly EVERY GU player has been mentioned as the biggest, positive surprise for this year.

    That's pretty darn encouraging.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    813

    Thumbs down Shaggy

    Quote Originally Posted by daskim View Post
    In reading through this thread, at one time or another, nearly EVERY GU player has been mentioned as the biggest, positive surprise for this year.

    That's pretty darn encouraging.
    Player-Hickman

    I think Coach Gentry is gonna help a helluva lot.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,764

    Default

    I’m going with Nolan Hickman. I’m still surprised he’s on the roster and imagine he will play a lot.

    We are so loaded!
    Go Zags!!!

  15. #40
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Richland, Washington
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Coach Few

    Proves the Zags system is built to withstand one and done type players
    Proves the Zag system can lose one of its top coaches and still wins 30+ games
    Proves the Zags can go to back to back final fours and win the title

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    A few more 'personality' tidbits that I will throw in, just based on the interactions I witnessed between players and campers, and interactions I personally had with some of them.

    Timme- About as down-to-Earth as they come. He was having a blast during camp, and loved hyping up the kids.
    Rasir- Very, very quiet. Kept his hoodie on (and hood up) every time I saw him. When he signed an autograph, he was very cordial, super nice, and told Kaleb 'you did great this week', which I thought was nice. But I see him as being somewhat quiet/reserved, but maybe unleashes everything on the court.
    Strawther- I think "Smiley" is a good nickname for him.
    Chet- I was struck by how personable he was. He was engaged in every convo he had with kids. He didn't act like someone who was 'too big' for this/that task. Seems like a truly great person, which I was glad to see.
    Evan Inglesby- Seems very "GU". He was as cool and polite as they come. The kids absolutely loved him. He was one of Kaleb's favorite players. I was struck by how athletic he was, and how pure his shot looks. What struck me MOST....he'll likely never see the floor!! And THAT'S the type of talent we have on our bench. Crazy.
    Anton- Again, I never saw him, but Kaleb absolutely loved him. Said he got hyped and cheered a lot.
    Kaden- He was something else. Jumping and hooting and hollering EVERY play of every drill or game. How freaking cool. Smiling and laughing and joking. Gotta love it.
    GBJ- All business. Did a great job running camp. You can tell he takes his role seriously. I appreciated him.
    Harris- Also extremely quiet, UNTIL....Kaleb torched another camper with a spin move and nice finish and Harris started jumping up and down clapping and yelled to GBJ "Did you see that?!?!". Kaleb loved that moment! haha.
    Gregg- Also felt like a Mr. GU type to me. I was struck by his size/broadness of his shoulders. Bigger than I pictured in my head. I honestly think he will be a nice contributing piece this season. Fingers crossed anyway!
    That must have been a great experience for both of you. It also sounds like a good group of guys. Basketball season can't get here quick enough. As a kid it would have been pretty nuts to meet all of those Zag players, including some future NBAers, and I probably would have been super nervous to play in front of them.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    15,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I got that, but even if Tims jumps once I’m betting no.

    We're gonna' have to figure something out, Jazz.

    But we don't play nobody.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwalk View Post
    Coach Few

    Proves the Zags system is built to withstand one and done type players
    Proves the Zag system can lose one of its top coaches and still wins 30+ games
    Proves the Zags can go to back to back final fours and win the title
    Can I borrow your crystal ball?


  19. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    A few more 'personality' tidbits that I will throw in, just based on the interactions I witnessed between players and campers, and interactions I personally had with some of them.

    Timme- About as down-to-Earth as they come. He was having a blast during camp, and loved hyping up the kids.
    Rasir- Very, very quiet. Kept his hoodie on (and hood up) every time I saw him. When he signed an autograph, he was very cordial, super nice, and told Kaleb 'you did great this week', which I thought was nice. But I see him as being somewhat quiet/reserved, but maybe unleashes everything on the court.
    Strawther- I think "Smiley" is a good nickname for him.
    Chet- I was struck by how personable he was. He was engaged in every convo he had with kids. He didn't act like someone who was 'too big' for this/that task. Seems like a truly great person, which I was glad to see.
    Evan Inglesby- Seems very "GU". He was as cool and polite as they come. The kids absolutely loved him. He was one of Kaleb's favorite players. I was struck by how athletic he was, and how pure his shot looks. What struck me MOST....he'll likely never see the floor!! And THAT'S the type of talent we have on our bench. Crazy.
    Anton- Again, I never saw him, but Kaleb absolutely loved him. Said he got hyped and cheered a lot.
    Kaden- He was something else. Jumping and hooting and hollering EVERY play of every drill or game. How freaking cool. Smiling and laughing and joking. Gotta love it.
    GBJ- All business. Did a great job running camp. You can tell he takes his role seriously. I appreciated him.
    Harris- Also extremely quiet, UNTIL....Kaleb torched another camper with a spin move and nice finish and Harris started jumping up and down clapping and yelled to GBJ "Did you see that?!?!". Kaleb loved that moment! haha.
    Gregg- Also felt like a Mr. GU type to me. I was struck by his size/broadness of his shoulders. Bigger than I pictured in my head. I honestly think he will be a nice contributing piece this season. Fingers crossed anyway!
    thanks for a great post. Didn't see Hickman's name on it? Was he at the camp? If not there do you know why
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St. Clair, MO
    Posts
    9,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    thanks for a great post. Didn't see Hickman's name on it? Was he at the camp? If not there do you know why
    I only saw him on day 1. He was there, watching some of the kids scrimmage, for about 30 min. He didn’t say or do much when I saw him.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    hunter sallis

  22. #47

    Default

    I'm going with Ben Gregg. Great looking stroke, played last season which means Few and company likes him. He's going to be a really good big as his body matures.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    I'm going with Ben Gregg. Great looking stroke, played last season which means Few and company likes him. He's going to be a really good big as his body matures.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    A Silky Sullivan choice, but I love it.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    906

    Exclamation

    Anton Watson's overall game.

    Julian Strawther's scoring touch.

    Chet's passing ability.

    Timme's jump shot.

    Hickman's poise.

    Rasir's toughness.

    Dom's shot selection.

    Sallis' cutting/slashing.

    Gregg's stroke.

    Perry's health.

    Nembhard's hairdo.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    17,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    I'm going with Ben Gregg. Great looking stroke, played last season which means Few and company likes him. He's going to be a really good big as his body matures.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I think he has gone under the radar. He lost out on the recruiting site hype of his senior year of HS and isnít being compared with his Ďclass.í

    The time he spent with the team at the highest levels of NCAA competition will give him a huge confidence leap over his peers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bayÖ small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •