Thread: Kevin Pangos getting some NBA interest, but will a guaranteed contract be offered?

Default Kevin Pangos getting some NBA interest, but will a guaranteed contract be offered?

Reports are that at least three teams have shown interest, with Cleveland seemingly the best placed.

We know that Toronto's head coach, Nick Nurse loves KP, so it will be interesting to see if he ends up back in North America.

He will need a guaranteed contract to turn his back on the money already on offer by CSKA and Eurocup's Partizan.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/08/...rs-others.html

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    Reports are that at least three teams have shown interest, with Cleveland seemingly the best placed.

We know that Toronto's head coach, Nick Nurse loves KP, so it will be interesting to see if he ends up back in North America.

He will need a guaranteed contract to turn his back on the money already on offer by CSKA and Eurocup's Partizan.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/08/...rs-others.html
    I hope he gets it.

I find it odd that the NBA is more willing to draft young players, based on perceived ceilings, yet look for experienced players also, even going so far as to sign a young player (usually not drafted but sometimes they are) and stash them in Europe to allow them to develop.
    I do hope this works for KP, and Filip as well. Many Zags are playing elsewhere and proving themselves, but they seldom get a real look by NBA teams...much like JW3 mostly sat on the bench in the summer league. They have seen what he can do, so are tempted, but it seems they want to get unproven players to develop rather than players that have shown that they are capable of competing in the NBA.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Kevin's playmaking and clutch scoring in the Euro League has been indisputable. Equally true is that, on defense, he has been frequently abused by opposing guards. That tradeoff (his lack of "athleticism") would be noticeably magnified in the NBA. Hoping, nonetheless, that an NBA team recognizes the value of having an experienced point guard on the team who actually knows how to play the game.

Here's an article on what KP brings to he NBS table by NBA CA.

https://ca.nba.com/news/what-would-e...v1d3jsbovlgm3s

Cleveland has agreed to a two-year $3.5M contract with point guard Kevin Pangos, agent Zach Kurtin of @PrioritySports tells ESPN. The first year salary of $1.67M is fully guaranteed.

Very cool! Congrats, Kevin!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Very cool! Congrats, Kevin!
    That is great....I will never forget the year that kid played with a turf toe....amazing determination....

Big news!!

I always thought if he were two inches taller, he'd have been a first-rounder.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

That's fantastic news and a dream come true for Kevin.

Playing within the structure of a proper offense, not summer league, will allow him the best chance to make an impression and get playtime.

It will be interesting to see how he is used (given he has Garland and Rubio ahead of him).

But we don't play nobody.