• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SageOfZagville
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Feb 2007

Recruiting Class of 2022

We had a stellar recruiting class this year, one that exceeded my wildest imagination. Is anyone else concerned about the lack of news about the class of 2022. The five start recruits that are taking visits and talking about potential landing places don't seem to have GU on their radar. The buzz I am hearing surrounds Michigan, Tennessee, Texas, Duke etc. Does anyone with inside information have any news about players we are targeting.
    A concerned fanatic
  • bdmiller7
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by SageOfZagville View Post
    We had a stellar recruiting class this year, one that exceeded my wildest imagination. Is anyone else concerned about the lack of news about the class of 2022. The five start recruits that are taking visits and talking about potential landing places don't seem to have GU on their radar. The buzz I am hearing surrounds Michigan, Tennessee, Texas, Duke etc. Does anyone with inside information have any news about players we are targeting.
    A concerned fanatic

This site has a lot of info on 2022 recruiting. We seem to have several top 75 recruits with interest and several that will be visiting this fall, including some 5 stars.

Comment

• SageOfZagville
      Kennel Club Alum
      • Feb 2007

Thanks for the info

Comment

• Mvzags
        Kennel Club Material
        • Jan 2021

Last year around this time there were posts concerned about the 2021 recruiting class and the lack of definitive information and interest. That class turned out quite well, either number 1 or 2, depending on recruiting source. I have confidence in the coaches that recruiting will be just fine, though it may not in the top 5 or so kin the nation. Patience.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Subscribe to Caldy.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            Subscribe to Caldy.
            Do you have a link? Now that I'm working again, I have disposable income...lol.

Retirement just got too boring for me.

Comment

• SLOZag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
              Do you have a link?
              SLOZag
              "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                Administrator
                • Apr 2009

Next year’s recruiting class has the potential to be very different than in past years. All transfers will have immediate eligibility. The coaches will have options on the transfer market that would not have been there in the past. The program may choose to save more scholarships for transferring players and may be more selective with offers to high school players.

We also have twelve scholarship players on this year’s roster who will have eligibility remaining for the following season. We only have two seniors. Both of them will be eligible to play an extra season, if they choose to do so. It is likely that some of those players will turn pro or transfer at the end of the season, but there may be a more limited quantity of scholarships to offer.
                “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• Bogozags
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                  Do you have a link? Now that I'm working again, I have disposable income...lol.

Retirement just got too boring for me.
                  Curious, so what is it that you are now doing?

Comment

• Gonzdb8
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Feb 2007

Subscribe to Caldy.
                    +1

for anyone interested in zag recruiting, a subscription to caldwellzagrecruitingnews.com is money well spent.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                      Zag for Life
                      • May 2008

Subscribe to Caldy.
                      Exactly this. Things are in the works and visits will be coming up soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• StatZag
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2020

Hickman strikes me as preternaturally mature, and calm under pressure. I expect him to be the freshman who makes the least amount of freshman mistakes. Maybe not the raw athlete of Sallis or Harris, but more ready to call the shots from day 1.

Comment

Working...
                        X