Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New game

Default New game

Rothstein:

Source: Gonzaga will host Merrimack as part of its 21-22 non-conference schedule. Game is set for December 9th in Spokane.

Next year, we play Monitor?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Rothstein:

Source: Gonzaga will host Merrimack as part of its 21-22 non-conference schedule. Game is set for December 9th in Spokane.

Chattahoochee Technical College

Cool

Their fans must be ecstatic or stunned.....or both......anyone....any time....any where...

I think we will win.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Their fans must be ecstatic or stunned.....or both......anyone....any time....any where...
    Twitter is lampooning both teams. With good reason.

Now we complain for getting an extra opportunity to see our Zags in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Now we complain for getting an extra opportunity to see our Zags in action.
    Action? Merrimack won 9 games last year and won’t be full fledged D1 until 23-24. As far as seeing them, I’d say the chances of anyone outside of Spokane actually viewing this game are about 5%.

As a fan, alum and season ticket holder -- I am just going to be happy to see them on the court -- they can be playing little sisters of the poor and it is still all good.

Go Zags

As a fan, alum and season ticket holder -- I am just going to be happy to see them on the court -- they can be playing little sisters of the poor and it is still all good.

Go Zags
    That game hasn’t been announced…..yet.

Go Zags
    As a fan, alum, and season ticket holder I find the scheduling of these games embarrassing. Come on. We are better than this now.

I’m upset that I am paying for tickets to this game. We should have a floor below which we don’t schedule. My suggestion is the bottom third of Division 1.

There are plenty of teams we can scrimmage with in that range. This type of scheduling really is not very respectful to the season ticket holders. If I were an advertiser on Root /KHQ I’d also be less than thrilled. Generally speaking, watching the zags play teams like this has now become uninteresting.

Just my opinion, of course, but I know I’m not alone in feeling this way.

I would rather see them play Whitworth or Whitman or certainly Eastern, Western, or Central Washington.....

Monitor’s offense is too limited, Jazz — only one guy can shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by PeninsulaDog View Post
    Monitor’s offense is too limited, Jazz — only one guy can shoot.
    But at that close range, a very very high percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I would rather see them play Whitworth or Whitman or certainly Eastern, Western, or Central Washington.....
    Montana, Idaho, et al.. Still cupcakes but a fresher opponent due to a shorter supply chain.

Action? Merrimack won 9 games last year and won’t be full fledged D1 until 23-24. As far as seeing them, I’d say the chances of anyone outside of Spokane actually viewing this game are about 5%.
    If it's on the WCC website, then I will be watching. Didn't miss a game last year, won't miss a game this time around either. You would have to pry the TV remote out of my cold dead hands before I miss a game, cupcake or no cupcake.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    If it's on the WCC website, then I will be watching. Didn't miss a game last year, won't miss a game this time around either. You would have to pry the TV remote out of my cold dead hands before I miss a game, cupcake or no cupcake.
    That’s my point exactly the WCC channel is a sometime thing.

How long has Old Coach Ironside's been there?
    But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by 229SintoZag View Post
    As a fan, alum, and season ticket holder I find the scheduling of these games embarrassing. Come on. We are better than this now.

I’m upset that I am paying for tickets to this game. We should have a floor below which we don’t schedule. My suggestion is the bottom third of Division 1.

There are plenty of teams we can scrimmage with in that range. This type of scheduling really is not very respectful to the season ticket holders. If I were an advertiser on Root /KHQ I’d also be less than thrilled. Generally speaking, watching the zags play teams like this has now become uninteresting.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of GU fans locally that would feel no embarrassment in watching those games and would gladly pay you face value for your tickets.
    That way you wouldn't have to be embarrassed or upset at having to pay for those tickets.

It's a win-win.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    How long has Old Coach Ironside's been there?
    Raymond Burr?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    There are hundreds, if not thousands of GU fans locally that would feel no embarrassment in watching those games and would gladly pay you face value for your tickets.
    That way you wouldn't have to be embarrassed or upset at having to pay for those tickets.

It's a win-win.
    Really ??? That begs the question......

Point made. They are an extreme powder puff cake. Why don’t they schedule a team like Northern Iowa or Abilene Christian. Let’s get a team with a pulse. Zags would still win by 20+.

Quote Originally Posted by 229SintoZag View Post

I don't know everything but is it possible that Coach Few or another member of the staff knows and maybe is friends with the staff members of that institution and is giving them this guaranteed game for a reason we don't know about...things like this do happen...but then again, I could be wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I don't know everything but is it possible that Coach Few or another member of the staff knows and maybe is friends with the staff members of that institution and is giving them this guaranteed game for a reason we don't know about...things like this do happen...but then again, I could be wrong...
    Correct on this!

There will be no backing out of this deal it’s an ironclad agreement.

Now if Merrimack renamed itself Virginia, then we’d be talking about a real game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hampton_Roads