Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 88

Thread: New game

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,012

    Default New game

    Rothstein:

    Source: Gonzaga will host Merrimack as part of its 21-22 non-conference schedule. Game is set for December 9th in Spokane.

    Next year, we play Monitor?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Rothstein:

    Source: Gonzaga will host Merrimack as part of its 21-22 non-conference schedule. Game is set for December 9th in Spokane.

    Next year, we play Monitor?
    Chattahoochee Technical College

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,892

    Cool

    Their fans must be ecstatic or stunned.....or both......anyone....any time....any where...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St. Clair, MO
    Posts
    9,622

    Default

    I think we will win.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Their fans must be ecstatic or stunned.....or both......anyone....any time....any where...
    Twitter is lampooning both teams. With good reason.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    9,020

    Default

    Now we complain for getting an extra opportunity to see our Zags in action.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Now we complain for getting an extra opportunity to see our Zags in action.
    Action? Merrimack won 9 games last year and won’t be full fledged D1 until 23-24. As far as seeing them, I’d say the chances of anyone outside of Spokane actually viewing this game are about 5%.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    9,020

    Default

    As a fan, alum and season ticket holder -- I am just going to be happy to see them on the court -- they can be playing little sisters of the poor and it is still all good.

    Go Zags

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    As a fan, alum and season ticket holder -- I am just going to be happy to see them on the court -- they can be playing little sisters of the poor and it is still all good.

    Go Zags
    That game hasn’t been announced…..yet.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bainbridge Island
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    As a fan, alum and season ticket holder -- I am just going to be happy to see them on the court -- they can be playing little sisters of the poor and it is still all good.

    Go Zags
    As a fan, alum, and season ticket holder I find the scheduling of these games embarrassing. Come on. We are better than this now.

    I’m upset that I am paying for tickets to this game. We should have a floor below which we don’t schedule. My suggestion is the bottom third of Division 1.

    There are plenty of teams we can scrimmage with in that range. This type of scheduling really is not very respectful to the season ticket holders. If I were an advertiser on Root /KHQ I’d also be less than thrilled. Generally speaking, watching the zags play teams like this has now become uninteresting.

    Just my opinion, of course, but I know I’m not alone in feeling this way.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,892

    Default

    I would rather see them play Whitworth or Whitman or certainly Eastern, Western, or Central Washington.....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Monitor’s offense is too limited, Jazz — only one guy can shoot.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeninsulaDog View Post
    Monitor’s offense is too limited, Jazz — only one guy can shoot.
    But at that close range, a very very high percentage.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I would rather see them play Whitworth or Whitman or certainly Eastern, Western, or Central Washington.....
    Montana, Idaho, et al.. Still cupcakes but a fresher opponent due to a shorter supply chain.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    not in Spokane
    Posts
    1,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Action? Merrimack won 9 games last year and won’t be full fledged D1 until 23-24. As far as seeing them, I’d say the chances of anyone outside of Spokane actually viewing this game are about 5%.
    If it's on the WCC website, then I will be watching. Didn't miss a game last year, won't miss a game this time around either. You would have to pry the TV remote out of my cold dead hands before I miss a game, cupcake or no cupcake.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    If it's on the WCC website, then I will be watching. Didn't miss a game last year, won't miss a game this time around either. You would have to pry the TV remote out of my cold dead hands before I miss a game, cupcake or no cupcake.
    That’s my point exactly the WCC channel is a sometime thing.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    15,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post


    Next year, we play Monitor?

    How long has Old Coach Ironside's been there?
    But we don't play nobody.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 229SintoZag View Post
    As a fan, alum, and season ticket holder I find the scheduling of these games embarrassing. Come on. We are better than this now.

    I’m upset that I am paying for tickets to this game. We should have a floor below which we don’t schedule. My suggestion is the bottom third of Division 1.

    There are plenty of teams we can scrimmage with in that range. This type of scheduling really is not very respectful to the season ticket holders. If I were an advertiser on Root /KHQ I’d also be less than thrilled. Generally speaking, watching the zags play teams like this has now become uninteresting.

    Just my opinion, of course, but I know I’m not alone in feeling this way.
    There are hundreds, if not thousands of GU fans locally that would feel no embarrassment in watching those games and would gladly pay you face value for your tickets.
    That way you wouldn't have to be embarrassed or upset at having to pay for those tickets.

    It's a win-win.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    How long has Old Coach Ironside's been there?
    Raymond Burr?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    There are hundreds, if not thousands of GU fans locally that would feel no embarrassment in watching those games and would gladly pay you face value for your tickets.
    That way you wouldn't have to be embarrassed or upset at having to pay for those tickets.

    It's a win-win.
    Really ??? That begs the question......

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Point made. They are an extreme powder puff cake. Why don’t they schedule a team like Northern Iowa or Abilene Christian. Let’s get a team with a pulse. Zags would still win by 20+.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    5,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 229SintoZag View Post
    As a fan, alum, and season ticket holder I find the scheduling of these games embarrassing. Come on. We are better than this now.

    I’m upset that I am paying for tickets to this game. We should have a floor below which we don’t schedule. My suggestion is the bottom third of Division 1.

    There are plenty of teams we can scrimmage with in that range. This type of scheduling really is not very respectful to the season ticket holders. If I were an advertiser on Root /KHQ I’d also be less than thrilled. Generally speaking, watching the zags play teams like this has now become uninteresting.

    Just my opinion, of course, but I know I’m not alone in feeling this way.
    I don't know everything but is it possible that Coach Few or another member of the staff knows and maybe is friends with the staff members of that institution and is giving them this guaranteed game for a reason we don't know about...things like this do happen...but then again, I could be wrong...

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I don't know everything but is it possible that Coach Few or another member of the staff knows and maybe is friends with the staff members of that institution and is giving them this guaranteed game for a reason we don't know about...things like this do happen...but then again, I could be wrong...
    Correct on this!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    There will be no backing out of this deal it’s an ironclad agreement.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,012

    Default

    Now if Merrimack renamed itself Virginia, then we’d be talking about a real game.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hampton_Roads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •