Thread: Mark Vital

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Default Mark Vital

Currently residing on the practice squad as a developmental prospect at TE. These type of prospects rarely succeed in ever landing a starting role on an NFL roster, but they're nevertheless fun to speculate on. Obviously, Vital is a physical specimen with speed to match his size, but can he learn the intricacies of route running, blocking (hello Jimmy Graham), and playing special teams?
    Interesting that he decided to forego a potentially lucrative career playing professional basketball overseas. He also seems confident in his abilities as he sees himself as the next Antonio Gates (TE for the Bolts some years ago).

https://sports.yahoo.com/baylor-bask...002337061.html

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Wasn't Tony Gonzalez the original basketball player to TE convert?

Default Mark Vital

Too Tall Jones changed from basketball to football halfway through college. Not a TE but a big dude.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Wasn't Tony Gonzalez the original basketball player to TE convert?
    He did play college football at Cal, as well as basketball. The comparison to Antonio Gates was mentioned by Mark Vital himself as Gates did not play college football.

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Surfmonkey89

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    Too Tall Jones changed from basketball to football halfway through college. Not a TE but a big dude.
    I met him when I was a high school sophomore at a football summer camp. I can attest to his large stature.

Surfmonkey89