Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: - - -The Return of Woohoo to GU- - - (in photos and story)

How many autographs did Kaleb get?

O/T, but Big D's new Wizards cap arrived today.

If the kid hit's 6'6" we might have another Pendo!
    But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    How many autographs did Kaleb get?

O/T, but Big D's new Wizards cap arrived today.
    He got some great ones. Off the top of my head; Dom Harris, Arlauskus, Timme, Inglesby, GBJ, Chet, Nembhard, Gregg, Bolton, Sallis. I may be forgetting one or two. Pretty awesome.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    If the kid hit's 6'6" we might have another Pendo!

I'd be good with that!!!

And he's already got 'zag hair', that should score him some points!

Thank you for sharing!!

Woohoo, you and your son rock. He's got handles, he can put it in the hole, and he's already got Zag hair. It's almost already a done deal.

I've enjoyed reading about your adventures in Spokane and watching your son's highlight video. That kid can hoop! He can dribble, pass, steal, take foul and oh, yah, he can shoot it too! You must be so proud. I'll be watching for him in a Zag uniform, he'll be the point guard version of Pendo!

Thanks for the kind words everybody! Definitely super proud of Kaleb. What a blast…

And yes, I’ve always said he would make an amazing PG version of Pendo! Here’s a great pic of the two of them a few years back in Vegas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    This is a pic of Kaleb, starting day 2 of camp, sporting his new bag (courtesy of Spike#1).

I have to mention, Kaleb was recognized on day 2 of camp (they gave out 2 awards at the end of camp Wednesday and Thursday) for his 'hustle'. Is it bad to say when GBJ called his name for this, I bout shed some tears!?!?! I was so proud of him.

Back to day 2. After I left Kaleb at the MAC, Gonezagaga picked me up and took me to play a round of golf at Downriver. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL COURSE!!! I love to play golf. There's really only one issue though. I am terrible at golf. HA HA. Combine THAT with Washington having a million pine trees, and...you can imagine how that went. Hilariously, I got a par on the very first hole. Was this an omen for things to come? No. No it was not.

It's actually pretty comical, because it seems that something hilarious may always happen to me while playing golf in Spokane. Thinking back to my FIRST trip to Spokane in 2010- I hit my very first drive on hole #1 on that trip, and the head of my driver goes FLYING 40 yards (while my ball when about 20). Photo of that is below.

Fast-forward 11 years to my current round there in Spokane. We're on hole 13 or so, and I'm attempting to hit out of a heavily wooded area (this was a common theme all day. I began to think I was being pranked and that there was a magnet in my ball, pulling me towards a tree). I hit out of the woods, and smack a tree, and the ball comes FLYING back towards my newfound lurker friend, Ryan, who is family of Gonezagaga. By the way, Ryan is long-time lurker, who has no forum handle. I checked to see if the handle 'ZagFootballCoach' was taken, it is not. Ryan, you need to secure that name and start posting! I know you have things to add to this forum! Anyway, the ball hits a tree and comes flying back at ZagFootballCoach. He literally has to dodge my ball, and it bounces under his cart. After we all got some good chuckles, he pulls his cart forward so I can hit my ball. THE BALL WAS GONE. We all laughed again, and start looking around to see where it rolled. We could not find it! We were dumb-founded, as ZFC said he KNEW it went under the cart. He decided to lay on the ground and look under the cart one last time....and would you believe....

HAHA. What are the odds?!?!? ONLY WOOHOO IN SPOKANE could do that!

I thought this trick should have earned me a few strokes off the round, as it was quite a neat trick. The rest of the golf party disagreed, and after some debate as to whether or not the 'play it as it lies' rule applied here, they graciously allowed me to have a drop, and I hit my ball. I believe I scored an impressive '8' on this hole.
    Before you took the drop you should have driven the cart next to the green.

Good stuff, WooHoo. Thanks for sharing.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Before you took the drop you should have driven the cart next to the green.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Thanks for the kind words everybody! Definitely super proud of Kaleb. What a blast…

And yes, I’ve always said he would make an amazing PG version of Pendo! Here’s a great pic of the two of them a few years back in Vegas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow, any chance Gonzaga had a game in your area the year before your son was born?

Honestly, great stuff Woohoo! Your enthusiasm and joy for the program really shine through.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Wow, any chance Gonzaga had a game in your area the year before your son was born?

Honestly, great stuff Woohoo! Your enthusiasm and joy for the program really shine through.
    BAHA!! I made the exact same joke to her after this pic was taken. hahaha

And I bet she laughed and laughed!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

I believe the wheelchair pep talker is MacDaniel (Mac) Graff. He's Dan Monson's nephew and was a manager for the team during Tillie's senior year. Great article about Mac in the Gonzaga Bulletin Dec 2018 if you google him. Paralyzed after falling out of a tree stand while deer hunting.

To play it safe, I'd recommend a paternity test...

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Thank you for sharing!!
    +1000

Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    To play it safe, I'd recommend a paternity test...
    After reading through this thread with Mrs Woohoo last night-

CONVERSATION:

Me- So, wait, if Pendo actually WAS Kaleb’s father, would that mean Pendo and I would somehow be related?!?

Mrs Woohoo- Umm…I don’t think it works like that…

😂

Woohoo thanks for the wonderful recap. So happy you and junior were able to have such a great trip.

Great adventure for the both of you - so glad you guys had a great time. So, Kaleb is class of what at GU?
    Go Zags!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Quote Originally Posted by 77Zag View Post
    Great adventure for the both of you - so glad you guys had a great time. So, Kaleb is class of what at GU?
    Go Zags!!

He would be class of 2027!

Be on the lookout folks!

Also, I have to mention this young man in the photo with Kaleb. I know he is very well-known around the program. Can someone tell me his name? He was incredible. He was one of the more vocal people at the camp, always yelling and cheering for kids. Kaleb loved him. I snapped this pic at one point, because Kaleb had actually gotten upset after one particularly bad 'stretch' that he thought he'd had. He was fouled pretty hard, hard enough that he'd actually cried briefly (which he doesn't do...he is really tough). After that foul, he got blocked really hard twice in a row, in one play, by a really tall camper. THEN, he had a turnover. In Kaleb's eyes, this is all really bad. He can be pretty tough on himself. So, the camp goes to a quick break, and this staffer sees that Kaleb is upset. He starts chatting with him, and Kaleb later told me "That guy should be a motivational speaker. He told me that he's even seen DREW TIMME have a bad practice or mess up, but then Timme gets out there and works even harder, and NOW look at him. He is a start and one of the most dominant players". He gave Kaleb a 5 minute pep talk, and it meant a lot to Kaleb (and meant even more to me). Anyway, I wish I would have found an opportunity to thank him for being so awesome all week.

That's Mac Graff He's an amazing person
    Last edited by zagbeliever; 08-12-2021 at 08:30 AM. Reason: typo

Here is a little highlight reel I put together of some of Kaleb at camp. I didn't get much video of day 2, but he had some pretty nice plays for the 1 and a half days I recorded. Make sure your sound is on, and make sure you click to watch in 1080p, otherwise it might be pretty grainy.

So happy for this post. I've been wondering how the visit went. I knew Kaleb would love the camp. Team is so awesome with kids. I'm glad you got a little taste of Spokane. We've lived here for over 40 years after moving from Reno, Nevada and have always been blown away by the friendliness and the good people here.

Quote Originally Posted by zagbeliever View Post
    That's Mac Graff He's an amazing person
    Awesome. I hope I have a chance to meet him myself, or thank him for how great he was with Kaleb (and all the kids) at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by zagbeliever View Post
    So happy for this post. I've been wondering how the visit went. I knew Kaleb would love the camp. Team is so awesome with kids. I'm glad you got a little taste of Spokane. We've lived here for over 40 years after moving from Reno, Nevada and have always been blown away by the friendliness and the good people here.
    THANK YOU!! SO glad I had the chance to take him. Easily one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Kaleb and I have been talking to eachother about the camp/trip every day since we got back. Very lucky!