Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braden Huff Offered by Gonzaga

Default Braden Huff Offered by Gonzaga

https://twitter.com/BradenHuff7/stat...83056201060354

Beyond grateful to have received an offer from Gonzaga University. I’d like to thank Coach Few, Coach Powell, and the rest of the staff for this opportunity.
    @WolvesILL

@JasonOpoka
    Glenbard West Basketball class of 2022, Illinois Wolves AAU, 6’9 forward

Also not on our targets list at 247 Sports. Weird.

AJ Casey cooling on the Zags?

Lefty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Some rumors he might be visiting this weekend. Anyone?
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Did a quick Twitter search and found a Michigan State fan/insider say he’s heard Huff is all but committed to Gonzaga. This was September 2nd.

2022 6’10 Braden Huff of @WolvesILL is on official visit this weekend to Gonzaga. Important one for the Zags. @hoopseen
    https://twitter.com/justindyoung/sta...312969735?s=21

I like this kid's game a lot. Shoots the ball well, blocks shots, can handle and pass, just a super versatile point forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    I like this kid's game a lot. Shoots the ball well, blocks shots, can handle and pass, just a super versatile point forward.
    He has a bit of Chet's game, albeit 3" shorter and perhaps with not quite the same handle.

I watched the highlights and I like the passing, he shares the ball.

Seems like a smart, solid player. Hopefully we can learn more about this kid. I want to find the next Sabonis...give me one of those.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    He has a bit of Chet's game, albeit 3" shorter and perhaps with not quite the same handle.
    Chet’s floor is basically the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

Zags are quickly becoming the NBA stretch 4 school of choice. Just need to make sure there is some beef on the other side of forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by spokzagis View Post
    Zags are quickly becoming the NBA stretch 4 school of choice. Just need to make sure there is some beef on the other side of forwards.
    Yes. We need toughness and muscle. So the Baylors don't beat us again.
    America's Team!

Any word how the visit went? Last thing I saw prior to the visit was that this kid was a lock to commit.

Went pretty well, apparently. He was the top target for some Big 10 schools. Nice to have him in the fold.

Scouting report from a Virginia Tech site:

https://www.thekeyplay.com/content/2...rd-braden-huff

Excerpt:

Ever since, Braden has been an ice machine- always cool, always producing. As a sophomore, Huff averaged 15.7 points, 7.6 rebounds, 2.5 assists, and 2.7 blocks per game. Then he put on 25 pounds of muscle. Despite averaging just 22 minutes a game his junior season, he still put up 17.5 points, 6.5 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.5 blocks per game. That season, the four-star rising senior led Glenbard West to an undefeated record in June 2021. In July, Huff returned to the AAU circuit with the very talented Illinois Wolves where they posted a 16-1 mark and capped off their run by winning the Under Armour Finals championship in Indianapolis.

I fell in love with Braden Huff's film in seconds. If you've seen Nikola Jokic run point, you've seen some of what Braden Huff brings to the table. It's not often you see a guy with a 6-11 wingspan bring the ball upcourt and look good doing it. At 6-10, 225, Huff oozes versatility, confidence, and smarts. His length combined with his long strides and flexibility allow him to get low, protect the ball, and create offense for his team in ways one does not see from traditional power forwards. Huff's ability to space the floor and be a playmaker is pretty rare at his size. He can handle the ball, has next-level court vision and IQ, and scores at all three levels.

While Huff will need to continue getting bigger and more aggressive to reach his full potential at the next level (e.g., defense and rebounding), the game he's already developed is incredible. He already possesses great awareness and vision, regularly finds the open man, and plays well through contact in the paint, in the mid-post, and on the perimeter. A natural lefty, Huff worked on moving to his right and finishing with his off hand between his sophomore and junior campaigns, further rounding out his arsenal and making him even craftier in the lane.

Incredibly, Braden is still unranked by outlets like Rivals and ESPN, and has likely been underevaluated by college programs across the country. Despite that, he still holds offers from Gonzaga, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, and others, in addition to the Hokies, who were the second high-major program (Northwestern) to offer him, back in June of 2020.

Smile

Welcome, Braden!

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Happy!

- braden, welcome on board, looking foward to knowing you.

- braden mentioned following in footsteps of olynyk and sabonis. braden is a lefty, i know sabonis was too, was olynyk also a lefty?

- help please, i read all the time someone can score at all three levels. what exactly does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - braden, welcome on board, looking foward to knowing you.

- braden mentioned following in footsteps of olynyk and sabonis. braden is a lefty, i know sabonis was too, was olynyk also a lefty?

- help please, i read all the time someone can score at all three levels. what exactly does that mean?
    No, Olynyk is a righty. He just meant playing style.

Scoring at all three levels means scoring at the rim, scoring in mid range, scoring from the 3 point line. His skill set is similar to players we’ve had who have been very successful. Ultimately there needs to be some level of athleticism to complement those skills, but I have seen enough people who think he is underrated as a prospect to think the skill is likely pretty high. Obviously will need to defend but on paper seems like a good fit with Perry in the front court. Will likely battle Gregg for minutes down the line.

Apparently Caldwell announced this a whole day beforehand, if that's of any value to anybody

- thx zagfan08, appreciate the education.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Apparently Caldwell announced this a whole day beforehand, if that's of any value to anybody
    Haha. Maybe the subscribers feel like they got their money's worth.

Good for Caldwell, I guess.