Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any news on Kraziness?

Default Any news on Kraziness?

I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about if / when Kraziness in the Kennel is going to be held? And if it might be open to the public like it used to be?

i suspect any plan they make for fans would be subject to last minute changes,
    but I am eager to hear news, cuz its a road trip for me when I get to attend in person

GONZAGA BULLETIN KENNEL CLUB REPORTS:

Ryan said a forthcoming fall semester highlight is Kraziness in The Kennel, which will be held on Saturday, Oct. 9 of Fall Family Weekend in the McCarthey Athletic Center.

Kraziness In The Kennel, a scrimmage event held by GU Athletics, is an opportunity for Zags and their families to dress up in their game-day gear while receiving a first-look at the GU men’s basketball team, in addition to experiencing the thrilling energy of The Kennel that is to come this basketball season.

Ryan said FanFest, an athletics event similar to Kraziness In The Kennel for the women's basketball team, will be held the following weekend for the GU women’s basketball team.

I hope those who learn what the guidelines are,
    such as on masks, any distancing in the seats, etc
    will let the rest of us know asa possible.

Thank you for your support of Gonzaga Athletics as we continue to navigate the pandemic and ongoing impact of COVID-19. With students back on campus and an impressive start to our Fall competitive seasons, the anticipation is already building for the beginning of basketball season. As such, we wanted to personally communicate to you an update to our attendance policies.

We are excited for our student-athletes to have the ability to compete in front of spectators again, and are going to do everything in our power to provide them that experience throughout the season. As COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations continue to increase in our region, it is important that we proactively employ public health measures to keep our student-athletes, staff, and fans safe

In accordance with federal, state, and local guidelines, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for entry to all Gonzaga University ticketed athletic events. If unable to show proof of vaccination, fans may provide documentation of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the event. Face coverings will also be required at our venues, unless actively eating or drinking. These policies will be announced publicly tomorrow, but as a loyal season ticket holder we wanted to provide you with this information first:

- Fans ages 12 and older are required to provide proof of vaccination, including a CDC-issued Vaccination Record Card (or photo of the card) to enter into Gonzaga Athletic home events.
    - Fans ages 12 and older who cannot provide proof of vaccination may present proof of negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours instead of proof of vaccination.
    - Fans ages 11 and under do not need to provide proof of negative COVID-19 test.
    - Fans over the age of 5, regardless of vaccination status, must wear face mask coverings over their nose and mouth while inside the venue. Masks may be adjusted while actively eating or
    drinking.
    - Gonzaga University students, faculty and staff can show their valid University ID as proof of compliance with the University’s COVID-19 campus vaccination policy.

This policy will be evaluated as federal, state, and local guidance is revised.

We understand that you may have questions about this policy and how it impacts your ability to attend games or utilize your tickets this season. Please contact us by calling the Gonzaga Ticket Office at 509-313-6000 or email tickets@gonzaga.edu to set up a time to discuss what options are available to you.

Thank you again for your continued support of our student-athletes.

Sincerely,
    Chris Standiford
    Director of Athletics

For those of you planning on attending events at the Kennel this year, please pay attention to the following road construction since you last attended.
    1. The Trent avenue Bridge over the river by the Union Gospel Mission is about halfway through being rebuilt. So there's no access to the east of the Kennel on Trent past No-Li brewery.
    2. The traffic lights along Hamilton now have left turn arrows instead of the regular green circle where you have to yield to oncoming traffic. This includes what USED TO BE what was just a cross walk caution sign directly east of the Kennel on Hamilton.
    3. If you're taking the freeway as you leave, both eastbound and westbound lanes now split off from the LEFT HAND LANE. The right hand lane is now only for the 2nd street turn/ Arthur Street. It used to be that the 2nd St and eastbound lanes split off from the right hand lane. There is a high probability of accidents here for the first few events as it's going to cause a lot of last second merging and/or two cars side by side thinking they're both in the correct lane.

Thanks for details, it is much appreciated!

My Pleasure
    Last edited by ZAGS ATTACK BASKET; 09-20-2021 at 11:04 PM.

Why isn't this being streamed? Thoughtless of fans unable to attend... Duh? Seriously how hard to stream Kraziness?

Just my opinion..

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    Why isn't this being streamed? Thoughtless of fans unable to attend... Duh? Seriously how hard to stream Kraziness?

Just my opinion..

Go!! Zags!!!
    How many years u been here, Blah? Be grateful we get to see any of the cupcake games.

blah's been around since 2007
    you know throwing zag fans those cupcake games (for which i am eternally grateful) is like throwing red meat to lions, and after a short time they want more, more. I would love it if an amateur crew from the
    GU media dept (or anybody else) would do there best to give us the program without frills and special effects.
    when i have googled races from old track meets decades ago, sometimes all i can get is a spectator's camcording of the event (often not in english), and that is SO, SO much more than nothing.
    GU could never give us zag fans enough film coverage of our zags . would an "lol" fit here?

Actually been around longer than that... I was on the old board and used to visit Doc on the other one too...

Somebody light a fuse under the AD dept. ang get Kraziness streamed...

Go!! Zags!!!

Somebody light a fuse under the AD dept. ang get Kraziness streamed...
    Go!! Zags!!!
    It was streamed last year, why wouldn't it be streamed this year? ROOT isn't showing the Kraken on Oct 9, as far as I can tell.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    It was streamed last year, why wouldn't it be streamed this year? ROOT isn't showing the Kraken on Oct 9, as far as I can tell.
    Link... I never heard it was streamed and I live in Spokane...

Go!! Zags!!!

Link... I never heard it was streamed and I live in Spokane...

Go!! Zags!!!
    Pretty sure I watched it on KHQ last year. Don’t know if it was available outside of the viewing area though.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Pretty sure I watched it on KHQ last year. Don’t know if it was available outside of the viewing area though.
    It was; I am nowhere near the Spokane DMA. Either I streamed it off WCC's website or one of my many other (grey market) streaming sites. This year's K in K will start at 1 pm, I assume that's Pacific time. Got that off the WCC website. No TV listed yet.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Press release just sent out and it says that it will be streamed live at 1 p.m. PDT:

https://gozags.com/news/2021/9/22/me...a-fanfest.aspx

SPOKANE, Wash. – Gonzaga basketball will host Numerica Kraziness in the Kennel at 1pm on Oct. 9, and Numerica FanFest at 4pm on Oct. 16, with doors opening one hour prior to both events.

Numerica Kraziness in the Kennel will be the first look at the 2021-22 men's basketball team, while Numerica FanFest will be the annual early glance at the women's basketball team.

While both events remain free to attend, Numerica Kraziness in the Kennel will be a ticketed event with attendees needing to claim a ticket for entry. A limited number of tickets will be made available to the general public on October 4th. Details on how to claim tickets to Numerica Kraziness in Kennel will be posted on www.gozags.com at a later date.

Earlier this week Gonzaga announced an updated Fan Attendance Policy which will be in effect for both events, with fans 12 and older are required to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test prior to entry.

"We are looking forward to hosting these annual public events for our basketball programs," said Director of Athletics Chris Standiford. "We are excited to have our students and fans back in The Kennel to celebrate the start of the season."

Numerica Kraziness in the Kennel will be streamed live online at 1pm and televised locally on SWX at 4pm.

Wanted to make sure everyone saw this -- it is different from years past- so don't just show up on the day of Kraziness and expect to get in.

"While both events remain free to attend, Numerica Kraziness in the Kennel will be a ticketed event with attendees needing to claim a ticket for entry. A limited number of tickets will be made available to the general public on October 4th. Details on how to claim tickets to Numerica Kraziness in Kennel will be posted on www.gozags.com at a later date."

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Press release just sent out and it says that it will be streamed live at 1 p.m. PDT:

https://gozags.com/news/2021/9/22/me...a-fanfest.aspx
    Curious, but for those of us living out of the area, will we have access to the streaming of this event or will we once again be locked out?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Curious, but for those of us living out of the area, will we have access to the streaming of this event or will we once again be locked out?
    Per today's Spokesman it will be streamed live and televised on KHQ.

Ah, but streamed WHERE? KHQ, WCC, Hulu, BBC?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Supposedly on www.gozags.com

Go!! Zags!!!

BYU TV???

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    BYU TV???
    Sky Sports, Al Jazeera, WINS, Quibi (Oops, RIP), maybe TikTok.

Sky Sports, Al Jazeera, WINS, Quibi (Oops, RIP), maybe TikTok.
    I'll talk to Preston Playz, whom I met last Sunday, very personable young man with 45+ million YouTube subscribers.

ETA: I'm his mom's bookkeeper.