Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zach Collins to Spurs

Default Zach Collins to Spurs

3 year/$22M. Solid based on his ankle issues. Risk for both sides, I’m sure Collins would get way more if healthy, and Spurs risking he doesn’t recover. Collins likely gets a deal like Jarret Allen on the Cavs if healthy, 5 years/$100M.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    3 year/$22M. Solid based on his ankle issues. Risk for both sides, I’m sure Collins would get way more if healthy, and Spurs risking he doesn’t recover. Collins likely gets a deal like Jarret Allen on the Cavs if healthy, 5 years/$100M.
    Should of stayed in school! What young 20's man needs all those millions!

Sarcasm.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post

Sarcasm.
    Case study in why you leave when you’re guaranteed bank!

Exactly.

So you’re telling me that even though several posters here were saying he needed another year with the Zags…he made the right choice?

I don’t believe it.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Sarcasm.
    No, he should have played more the one year he was at Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    No, he should have played more the one year he was at Gonzaga.
    You're 21 years old. Choose one.

A) Another year of college paid for.

B) $30 million dollars

If you chose A)...you just failed the test.

Counter-argument to the $22 million thing:

His body may not have been ready to play against grown men, given the multiple injuries. One year developing his skills in college without stretching the limits of his body might have resulted in more money with this contract.

B) $30 million dollars

The crazy thing is that his first contract alone (as pick #10) probably paid him over 30 million, and then there were endorsements. This additional 22million comes after 4 very very disappointing seasons, so playing the averages as a ~10th pick in the draft, you are likely looking at probably averaging well north of 50 million over the first 6-7yrs. (basically by the time a fellow member of your high school graduating class might have finished a masters degree)

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag View Post
    The crazy thing is that his first contract alone (as pick #10) probably paid him over 30 million, and then there were endorsements. This additional 22million comes after 4 very very disappointing seasons, so playing the averages as a ~10th pick in the draft, you are likely looking at probably averaging well north of 50 million over the first 6-7yrs. (basically by the time a fellow member of your high school graduating class might have finished a masters degree)
    Yeah. I didn't go and look, and just made a guess. Initially I put $40M, but changed it to $30M.

I would like to think that I was smart enough to take even $10M to leave college...especially if that college would honor the schollie when I came back, and I think Gonzaga does that.

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag View Post
    I think he made about 15 million in his four years with Portland. Good money but not 30 million.
    I’m surprised he was able to get 22 million from the Spurs. If he ever gets healthy it could end up being a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I think he made about 15 million in his four years with Portland. Good money but not 30 million.
    I’m surprised he was able to get 22 million from the Spurs. If he ever gets healthy it could end up being a bargain.
    Yep! That's it

Contract: 4 yr(s) / $16,332,615
    Free Agent: 2021 / UFA
    Avg Salary: $4,083,154
    Signed Using: Rookie

Plus endorsements. Now he could get those in college.

B) $30 million dollars

Read my post again, please. One year was enough, he should have played more during it. He averaged 17 minutes a game. And spare me the foul prone explanation.

Read my post again, please. One year was enough, he should have played more during it. He averaged 17 minutes a game. And spare me the foul prone explanation.
    Yes, the coaches did such a horrible job that year.

The only game that he really needed to play more was definitely due to foul trouble (3 of them phantom fouls).

Quote Originally Posted by mgadfly View Post
    Yes, the coaches did such a horrible job that year.

The only game that he really needed to play more was definitely due to foul trouble (3 of them phantom fouls).
    The subject of this thread is his development as a player, not the team’s W-L record.

The subject is him making bank, despite being tagged injury prone.

Ignore Jazz pushing his agenda ......... We are just happy he is getting paid and still playing in the league ---- heal up and keep working towards that next contract.

Go Zags

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Ignore Jazz pushing his agenda ......... We are just happy he is getting paid and still playing in the league ---- heal up and keep working towards that next contract.

Go Zags
    FYI, I’m arguably closer to the Collins clan than anyone on this board. I’ve had his interest in mind from day one. That’s my agenda.

I love the idea of a skilled big working for Popovich. I don't see the next Tim Duncan happening, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was a starting piece to a title-contending team one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Collins was foul prone. That impacted PT.

Oh boy, I think we've done this before. Karno was a veteran who demanded a double team in the low block, but was an outstanding passer who could pick a defense apart. He was also a solid low post defender. Collins may have been better than Karno at some things, but he certainly couldn't facilitate like Big Shem.

FYI, I’m arguably closer to the Collins clan than anyone on this board. I’ve had his interest in mind from day one. That’s my agenda.
    Jazz you know the Few Way, he hasn't changed for 20 years.....I can think of perhaps a half dozen players who were allows to cut in the line.....personally I think Zack might have been another......in any case he did the right thing, there was no advantage to wait his turn...

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Oh boy, I think we've done this before. Karno was a veteran who demanded a double team in the low block, but was an outstanding passer who could pick a defense apart. He was also a solid low post defender. Collins may have been better than Karno at some things, but he certainly couldn't facilitate like Big Shem.
    No argument. Except for the Natty when Shem was AWOL.

Yep. Cost GU the championship. But who could have predicted it? One would have thought a senior would have fewer nerves.

Eye injury