Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zach Collins to Spurs

Yeah, the Natty was a weird game. Several guys didn't play their best.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Jazz you know the Few Way, he hasn't changed for 20 years.....I can think of perhaps a half dozen players who were allows to cut in the line.....personally I think Zack might have been another......in any case he did the right thing, there was no advantage to wait his turn...
    So Watson will start over Holmgren? Not bloody likely.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    So Watson will start over Holmgren? Not bloody likely.
    Well we will see.....if Holmgren is indeed a unicorn he will not have to wait his turn....as I said.... there have been exceptions....perhaps Kentucky would have been a better fit for Zack....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Well we will see.....if Holmgren is indeed a unicorn he will not have to wait his turn....as I said.... there have been exceptions....perhaps Kentucky would have been a better fit for Zack....
    I think Zbo would be the first to say that his Gonzaga experience was wonderful, all things considered. He’s a great ambassador for the program and school.

I think Zbo would be the first to say that his Gonzaga experience was wonderful, all things considered. He’s a great ambassador for the program and school.
    With the exception of the bizarre communal attack on his character when he declared for the draft, he expresses he loved his time at Gonzaga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Pacific NW team or not, it sure seems as if Portland is place you don't want to go if you're gifted and wish to avoid injuries. Let's hope ZC has a healthier future in San Antonio.

If Zbo becomes an all star or bursts onto the scene, will it make the Zags look better or worse that he wasn't even a starter? I could go either way on that one.

I don't recall him looking all that ready for college competition early on in the year, but he was oozing with talent and potential. It would be really interesting to hear, in retrospect, what the staff thought of Zach that year. I think I remember them calling him a 6th starter or some similar coach speak.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    If Zbo becomes an all star or bursts onto the scene, will it make the Zags look better or worse that he wasn't even a starter? I could go either way on that one.

I don't recall him looking all that ready for college competition early on in the year, but he was oozing with talent and potential. It would be really interesting to hear, in retrospect, what the staff thought of Zach that year. I think I remember them calling him a 6th starter or some similar coach speak.
    It's been long enough since he left GU, how is that even a concern at this point? A number of Zags have entered the League since then. Sabonis is flourishing. I can't see any way whatever happens w/ Collins can possibly be used as negative spin against GU.

No argument. Except for the Natty when Shem was AWOL.
    How about you take a finger/fingernail to your eyeball and see how you do 2 days later.

Your take on this topic (Collins playing behind the winner of the 2017 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Award/winningest player in the history of D1 hoops) was known in 2017. It was made known again multiple times in 2018. Again in 2019. Then ‘20 and now in 2021.

I am kinda thinking the Board knows your thoughts on the topic.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    It's been long enough since he left GU, how is that even a concern at this point? A number of Zags have entered the League since then. Sabonis is flourishing. I can't see any way whatever happens w/ Collins can possibly be used as negative spin against GU.
    All of the other players in the league were starters, so Zbo is a unique case. The word "concern" has broad meaning. The fact that he didn't start could theoretically be used negatively in recruiting. I am not concerned about that because the Zags have obviously improved in their recruiting since then. It would be more of an "I can't believe the Zags didn't start Collins" and poking fun, or it could be used to reflect on how deep they were.