Thread: 2022 - Yohan Traore

- another Frenchman!

- what team in america has a better track record with players who speak french?
    - we should have alumni players talking this young man up about gonzaga.

My favorite part of being a Zag fan during the recruiting process? Been spoiled the last couple of years with “top-10” caliber players. Guys like this in 60-80 range, I immediately think, “if the staff wants him, he must have a lot to offer.”

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    My favorite part of being a Zag fan during the recruiting process? Been spoiled the last couple of years with “top-10” caliber players. Guys like this in 60-80 range, I immediately think, “if the staff wants him, he must have a lot to offer.”
    Traore jumped all the way up to #4 on rivals updated rankings so that 60-80 range may not have accurately reflected where he's at as a prospect.

Didn't make his top ten. Strange.

Tommy Lloyd leaving whether we admit or not was a huge huge loss for our recruiting.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Tommy Lloyd leaving whether we admit or not was a huge huge loss for our recruiting.
    HenneZag - can you elaborate on this point or is it just a gut feel? Do you have any concrete evidence over and above (Traudt/Traore), know any contacts that have intimated this to you, or know something that would lead you to make this statement? Thank you very much.

From all accounts Michaelson, Powell, and Gentry are all excellent recruitors. I think COVID and no evaluation time hurt more than anything. This is probably going to be a small class, 2-3 recruits, but I’m sure we’ll be just fine when all said and done.

No indication he has any interest in Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    From all accounts Michaelson, Powell, and Gentry are all excellent recruitors. I think COVID and no evaluation time hurt more than anything. This is probably going to be a small class, 2-3 recruits, but I’m sure we’ll be just fine when all said and done.
    I agree they can recruit, but what Lloyd built and the pipeline he had established was the best in the business. I know we are getting higher rated guys from the states but getting the Sabonis, The Tillies etc will be harder to come by.
    America's Team!

I agree they can recruit, but what Lloyd built and the pipeline he had established was the best in the business. I know we are getting higher rated guys from the states but getting the Sabonis, The Tillies etc will be harder to come by.

I agree! Tommy’s sparkling personality was a big x-factor. He had great supportive relationships with international players.
    Bonjour tristesse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    I agree! Tommy’s sparkling personality was a big x-factor. He had great supportive relationships with international players.
    Hey. He’s a Whitman guy like me. That’s why he has been so great!

Missionary, Missionary, we’re on top!

Me too Corky! Whitman '95.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Me too Corky! Whitman '95.
    I’m from class of 80!