• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willandi
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
    Not a very good showing by any of the three today.
    I think that one of the reasons is that Gonzaga teaches a team game. A year, or more, and the Zags are willing to pass, to defer and set screens etc., all the things it takes for a team to win. The summer league is about "What have you done for me lately", players wanting to score rather than pass. Zags tend to not do as well.

Maybe the NBA is that way too. Some players, like Sabonis, are able to inflict themselves upon the game, hence his trple doubles. KO does that too.
    It will be nice to see how the current crop of Zags trend.
    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• BurgessEraZag
      Kennel Club Material
      • Feb 2008

Will, You are spot on. Why do so many of our friends here abhor NBA since its play is so individual instead of what we see from Few's teams? I can't wait for November and Zags "team" game against WCC and the rest of the NCAA. Go Zags. Another winning and great year coming up.

Comment

• Mantua
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
        I think that one of the reasons is that Gonzaga teaches a team game. A year, or more, and the Zags are willing to pass, to defer and set screens etc., all the things it takes for a team to win. The summer league is about "What have you done for me lately", players wanting to score rather than pass. Zags tend to not do as well.

Maybe the NBA is that way too. Some players, like Sabonis, are able to inflict themselves upon the game, hence his trple doubles. KO does that too.
        It will be nice to see how the current crop of Zags trend.
        Wholeheartedly agree with the your comment about GU guys being team players. I also wonder about the summer league coaches’ strategies. Only in the second half of Joel’s last game did he seem to have permission to move around instead of staying in the corner. His teammates didn’t pass much and me first basketball prevailed.

I also would like to express appreciation for ZagNative’s wonderful contribution!
        Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Radbooks View Post
          Here is a cool video of Corey's first day as a pro!

Washington Wizards.
          Thanks, Radbooks for a really good video of Corey in DC.

Go Zags!
          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Spike#1
            Kennel Club Alum
            • Oct 2016

‘I think I can learn a ton’: Jalen Suggs eager to begin summer league

Orlando Magic rookie Jalen Suggs views the Las Vegas Summer League as a tremendous opportunity to learn and grow on the court, and the fifth overall pick can’t wait to get started.

Suggs views the Las Vegas Summer League as a tremendous opportunity to learn, and the fifth overall pick can't wait to get started.

Comment

• ZagNative
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

On now on ESPNU, Killian Tillie's Grizzlies vs. Zach Norvell's San Antonie Spurs. Box Score

Comment

• ZagNative
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

This morning I found Ryan Woolridge on OKC's summer league roster, so I added him to the Zag alum schedule for summer league:

Last edited by ZagNative; 08-08-2021, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Bogozags
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MDABE80
                  I feel sorry for Norvell. In no way was he ready for the NBA. Great kid but deficient in many areas, I hope he excels but doubt overrides. Great size but defense "so so" and hi LD shooting and midrange need more work. Just IMHO.
                  Doc, did he play as I don't recall him getting into the game...just like JWIII didn't get into the Kings' game...

Comment

• Bogozags
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                    This morning I found Ryan Woolridge on OKC's summer league roster, so I added him to the Zag alum schedule for summer league:

THANK YOU for doing ALL THIS WORK!!! I (we) really appreciate your efforts!!!

Comment

• ZagNative
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Dang! Tonight's Wizards-Pacers game, slated to tip off at 5:00, has been postponed! https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...ety-protocols/
                      The NBA announced that the Las Vegas Summer League game between the Indiana Pacers and Washington Wizards set to take place Sunday at 8 p.m. ET has been postponed due to health and safety protocols. The Wizards won't have enough available players to suit up due to ongoing contact tracing.

"Because of ongoing contact tracing within the Wizards, the team does not have enough available players to proceed with tonight's game against the Pacers."

Washington announced Saturday that three players -- Cassius Winston, Issuf Sanon and Isaiah Todd -- all entered health and safety protocols. The Las Vegas Summer League just started on Aug. 8, after a year absence due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There have been heightened health protocols put in place to ensure the safety of everyone in attendance, but it's impossible to completely eradicate the risk of COVID-19 without a bubble present.

Comment

• ZagNative
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Joel in the starting line up for the Lakers vs the Suns. Box Score

Comment

• wazmix
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Feb 2007

It is worth noting that the NBATV games are probably also on the ESPN app.
                          This is useful for those without NBATV.

Comment

• scrooner
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                            Joel in the starting line up for the Lakers vs the Suns. Box Score
                            0-3, 5reb, 1ast, 1stl, 2TO, -8. I only got to see him play for about 5 minutes, but he looked really passive during that time.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
                              0-3, 5reb, 1ast, 1stl, 2TO, -8. I only got to see him play for about 5 minutes, but he looked really passive during that time.
                              Maybe he'll join Leo at PSG.....assume they have a Euro BB team.

Comment

• bdmiller7
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jun 2017

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                                Maybe he'll join Leo at PSG.....assume they have a Euro BB team.
                                He already signed a two way contract with the Lakers for this season, so you’ll have to wait at least one more year to push him to Europe.

Comment

Working...
                                X