Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCAA Constitutional Convention

The Golden Rule is that those that have the gold....make the rules....and 64 is right....it is all about TV/Streaming revenue...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    They are also smart enough to not destroy a $1B per year tournament in order to make a few million more in the short term. Everything that is happening is almost completely about football, it just is.
    The Big Boys will be fine with not having to share ANY monies with 32 other conference teams...why should they care, they haven't so far...

so the other 32 conferences can have their own tournament with 4 X 8 conferences...

Recruiting will be a moot point with the P-4 conferences having all that "MONEY" to spend and all those business contacts to share with the athletes...

It is all about GREED, which put us in this position to begin with...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    The Big Boys will be fine with not having to share ANY monies with 32 other conference teams...why should they care, they haven't so far...

so the other 32 conferences can have their own tournament with 4 X 8 conferences...

Recruiting will be a moot point with the P-4 conferences having all that "MONEY" to spend and all those business contacts to share with the athletes...

It is all about GREED, which put us in this position to begin with...
    I guess we will see how it shakes out but I feel very confident that there are minimal, if any, changes to March Madness. For many, worst case scenario tends to seem like reality, until it isn't. Speaking strictly from a position of revenue, football drives the bus for the power schools, and that is what this is about. The SEC isn't adding Oklahoma and Texas because they think it will greatly improve their basketball revenues.

I guess we will see how it shakes out but I feel very confident that there are minimal, if any, changes to March Madness. For many, worst case scenario tends to seem like reality, until it isn't. Speaking strictly from a position of revenue, football drives the bus for the power schools, and that is what this is about. The SEC isn't adding Oklahoma and Texas because they think it will greatly improve their basketball revenues.
    True, while for others rose colored glasses prevail as the castle burns. On this, we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    True, while for others rose colored glasses prevail as the castle burns. On this, we'll see!
    I promise that it will all work out the way it does.

Our opinions don't matter, so why worry about it.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    I am not looking at it thru rose colored glasses. I am saying itís about football, as I provided reasoning for. If you think itís not, youíre just not looking at the money which is driving this.

There is no way that a power conference only basketball tournament generates the amount March Madness does. The schools know this, the conferences know this, and most importantly the networks know this. Ratings would plummet and thus revenues would to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk