Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft Day 07.29.21

Joel did the smart thing and chose his situation. He’s going to be a very good player in the NBA.
    Getting vaccinated isnít a political issue. Itís a statistical issue of which the evidence of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines are abundantly clear. Staying unvaccinated is denying reality around you.

2022 NBA Mock Draft (on ESPN+) has 4 Zags being drafted:

Chet - Rnd 1 (1st)
    Hickman - Rnd 1
    Timme - Rnd 2
    Nembhard - Rnd 2
    Ihre Papiere bitte

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Another article praising Joel.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/t...-way-contract/

The NBA's loss is the Lakers' gain
    Thanks for the article. I enjoyed it a lot. I agree that it was a great win for the Lakers. IMO, Joel Ayayi was one solid reason that GU has been as good as they have the last two years. For one thing, he was a great rebounder for the Zags. And there were big games that his outside shooting brought victory for the Zags. For me, one player that I could ALWAYS count on in big games was Ayayi. He ALWAYS delivered. Lakers have a winner, and they ARE a winning organization. i'm happy for Joel, and I believe he's happy too.

I have the Poster of Suggs on the table after his winning shot against UCLA. and guess who's up there right next to him? Ayayi! Yes. When I got that poster from my son on Fathers DAy, I was so happy to see that Joel was in that poster too, yelling his heart out for what Suggs just did. I love Ayayi.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I've said before if he gets a chance he will be in the league for a long time. He's still young and hasn't even came close to his potential.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mike Roth has been raving about him in particular on recent podcasts. He was a big reason the Zags went undefeated until the last game. His ability to fit in as a successful role player is what will really separate him in the long run. Lots of guys in the draft are guys who need the ball in their hands much more than Ayayi to make plays. Joel Ayayi is a consummate winner. He just has a knack for trying to make the right play.
    Getting vaccinated isnít a political issue. Itís a statistical issue of which the evidence of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines are abundantly clear. Staying unvaccinated is denying reality around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Mike Roth has been raving about him in particular on recent podcasts. He was a big reason the Zags went undefeated until the last game. His ability to fit in as a successful role player is what will really separate him in the long run. Lots of guys in the draft are guys who need the ball in their hands much more than Ayayi to make plays. Joel Ayayi is a consummate winner. He just has a knack for trying to make the right play.
    Still, one more year.

Suggs is gonna be a star in Orlando. We aren’t talking enough about Jalen Suggs and the magic. Magic need to move one of their guards imo. Long way to go for that roster.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Still, one more year.
    I honestly don’t know that one more year would have changed a whole lot for his NBA prospects unless he became a significantly better shooter. The bigger mistake than leaving was shutting off from the pre-draft process. No combine, not really linked to many workouts. NBA teams had less to go off this year and his team didn’t put him in a great position there, I’d say. Coming back from age 21 to age 22 doesn’t move the needle a ton. There are plenty of examples where that doesn’t work out for the player, including Jeremy Pargo awhile back. Corey had about the best outcome possible in his return but that is pretty uncommon and Joel wouldn’t have been that kind of scorer next year.

Sixers GM stated Petrusev likely a stash and evaluate pick.

Chet 1, Hickman 25 on Wasserman’s 2022 mock.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Suggs is gonna be a star in Orlando. We arenít talking enough about Jalen Suggs and the magic. Magic need to move one of their guards imo. Long way to go for that roster.
    What a disaster..... the entire State is a refuge .....IMHO he needs to escape that dumpster fire as soon as possible..... the kid has been a winner with winning programs his entire life......it is to much to ask for him to make that team respectable .....follow Horace Greeley's advise and " Go west Young man "....

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    Sixers GM stated Petrusev likely a stash and evaluate pick.
    Any idea how he played last year in Serbia? I'm assuming he impressed reasonably well to have been drafted.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    I honestly don’t know that one more year would have changed a whole lot for his NBA prospects unless he became a significantly better shooter. The bigger mistake than leaving was shutting off from the pre-draft process. No combine, not really linked to many workouts. NBA teams had less to go off this year and his team didn’t put him in a great position there, I’d say. Coming back from age 21 to age 22 doesn’t move the needle a ton. There are plenty of examples where that doesn’t work out for the player, including Jeremy Pargo awhile back. Corey had about the best outcome possible in his return but that is pretty uncommon and Joel wouldn’t have been that kind of scorer next year.
    But it couldn’t hurt. I didn’t know he’d gone into seclusion. Bad move. Not good counseling altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    Any idea how he played last year in Serbia? I'm assuming he impressed reasonably well to have been drafted.
    Loooong shot.

Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    He had a very strong season. Was the leading scorer in the ABA and won the MVP. No slight accomplishment for a 21 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    He had a very strong season. Was the leading scorer in the ABA and won the MVP. No slight accomplishment for a 21 year old.
    And of course all the "likes" from Timme...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    What a disaster..... the entire State is a refuge .....IMHO he needs to escape that dumpster fire as soon as possible..... the kid has been a winner with winning programs his entire life......it is to much to ask for him to make that team respectable .....follow Horace Greeley's advise and " Go west Young man "....
    Toronto would've been a great situation for Suggs, bummer.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Toronto would've been a great situation for Suggs, bummer.
    Brian Windhorst of ESPN reported Suggs had a terrible workout for Toronto as one reason why they did not select him.
    Is “player had bad workout” code for player let it be known he did not want to play in Canada….or news leaked by Raptors to take the heat off them for making that choice….or did Suggs really just have a bad workout?
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Really not that difficult IMO: live year round in Sunny Florida, no state income tax, where your smoking hot girlfriend can wear a bikini year-round... or live half of the year in a Canadian city with snow on the ground, and confiscatory taxes.

My choice is Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Really not that difficult IMO: live year round in Sunny Florida, no state income tax, where your smoking hot girlfriend can wear a bikini year-round... or live half of the year in a Canadian city with snow on the ground, and confiscatory taxes.

My choice is Florida.
    I think Suggs would enjoy any city he is in being a man of his status. But I do get your point.
    America's Team!

Ya from a purely which city would I chose to live in, I take Orlando 9 times out of 10. As for basketball program purely, I take raptors 9 time out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post

My choice is Florida.
    I imagine from Texas, Florida looks pretty good.....you know you can get email every morning from the Villages with a updated list of the available units....

I imagine from Texas, Florida looks pretty good.....you know you can get email every morning from the Villages with a updated list of the available units....
    You're killing me bart!

But we don't play nobody.

If anyone hasn't tried the "Florida Man" challenge, it's fun. Google "florida man" plus your birthday (month and day). It's usually pretty funny.

For example, Florida Man Dec 5:
    Florida man blames wind for stash found in car
    A 37-year-old man was arrested in Fort Pierce, Florida after claiming that the cocaine found in his car might have been blown in by the wind.
    https://dailyfriend.co.za/2019/12/05...-found-in-car/

They usually are even more ridiculous.