Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 138

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft Day 07.29.21

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,355

    Default

    Joel did the smart thing and chose his situation. He’s going to be a very good player in the NBA.
    Getting vaccinated isnít a political issue. Itís a statistical issue of which the evidence of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines are abundantly clear. Staying unvaccinated is denying reality around you.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Hill
    Posts
    844

    Default

    2022 NBA Mock Draft (on ESPN+) has 4 Zags being drafted:

    Chet - Rnd 1 (1st)
    Hickman - Rnd 1
    Timme - Rnd 2
    Nembhard - Rnd 2
    Ihre Papiere bitte

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Another article praising Joel.

    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/t...-way-contract/

    The NBA's loss is the Lakers' gain
    Thanks for the article. I enjoyed it a lot. I agree that it was a great win for the Lakers. IMO, Joel Ayayi was one solid reason that GU has been as good as they have the last two years. For one thing, he was a great rebounder for the Zags. And there were big games that his outside shooting brought victory for the Zags. For me, one player that I could ALWAYS count on in big games was Ayayi. He ALWAYS delivered. Lakers have a winner, and they ARE a winning organization. i'm happy for Joel, and I believe he's happy too.

    I have the Poster of Suggs on the table after his winning shot against UCLA. and guess who's up there right next to him? Ayayi! Yes. When I got that poster from my son on Fathers DAy, I was so happy to see that Joel was in that poster too, yelling his heart out for what Suggs just did. I love Ayayi.

    Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  4. #104

    Default

    I've said before if he gets a chance he will be in the league for a long time. He's still young and hasn't even came close to his potential.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,355

    Default

    Mike Roth has been raving about him in particular on recent podcasts. He was a big reason the Zags went undefeated until the last game. His ability to fit in as a successful role player is what will really separate him in the long run. Lots of guys in the draft are guys who need the ball in their hands much more than Ayayi to make plays. Joel Ayayi is a consummate winner. He just has a knack for trying to make the right play.
    Getting vaccinated isnít a political issue. Itís a statistical issue of which the evidence of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines are abundantly clear. Staying unvaccinated is denying reality around you.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Mike Roth has been raving about him in particular on recent podcasts. He was a big reason the Zags went undefeated until the last game. His ability to fit in as a successful role player is what will really separate him in the long run. Lots of guys in the draft are guys who need the ball in their hands much more than Ayayi to make plays. Joel Ayayi is a consummate winner. He just has a knack for trying to make the right play.
    Still, one more year.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    Suggs is gonna be a star in Orlando. We aren’t talking enough about Jalen Suggs and the magic. Magic need to move one of their guards imo. Long way to go for that roster.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Still, one more year.
    I honestly don’t know that one more year would have changed a whole lot for his NBA prospects unless he became a significantly better shooter. The bigger mistake than leaving was shutting off from the pre-draft process. No combine, not really linked to many workouts. NBA teams had less to go off this year and his team didn’t put him in a great position there, I’d say. Coming back from age 21 to age 22 doesn’t move the needle a ton. There are plenty of examples where that doesn’t work out for the player, including Jeremy Pargo awhile back. Corey had about the best outcome possible in his return but that is pretty uncommon and Joel wouldn’t have been that kind of scorer next year.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Sixers GM stated Petrusev likely a stash and evaluate pick.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Chet 1, Hickman 25 on Wasserman’s 2022 mock.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Suggs is gonna be a star in Orlando. We arenít talking enough about Jalen Suggs and the magic. Magic need to move one of their guards imo. Long way to go for that roster.
    What a disaster..... the entire State is a refuge .....IMHO he needs to escape that dumpster fire as soon as possible..... the kid has been a winner with winning programs his entire life......it is to much to ask for him to make that team respectable .....follow Horace Greeley's advise and " Go west Young man "....

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    Sixers GM stated Petrusev likely a stash and evaluate pick.
    Any idea how he played last year in Serbia? I'm assuming he impressed reasonably well to have been drafted.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    I honestly don’t know that one more year would have changed a whole lot for his NBA prospects unless he became a significantly better shooter. The bigger mistake than leaving was shutting off from the pre-draft process. No combine, not really linked to many workouts. NBA teams had less to go off this year and his team didn’t put him in a great position there, I’d say. Coming back from age 21 to age 22 doesn’t move the needle a ton. There are plenty of examples where that doesn’t work out for the player, including Jeremy Pargo awhile back. Corey had about the best outcome possible in his return but that is pretty uncommon and Joel wouldn’t have been that kind of scorer next year.
    But it couldn’t hurt. I didn’t know he’d gone into seclusion. Bad move. Not good counseling altogether.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    Any idea how he played last year in Serbia? I'm assuming he impressed reasonably well to have been drafted.
    Loooong shot.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    Any idea how he played last year in Serbia? I'm assuming he impressed reasonably well to have been drafted.
    He had a very strong season. Was the leading scorer in the ABA and won the MVP. No slight accomplishment for a 21 year old.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    He had a very strong season. Was the leading scorer in the ABA and won the MVP. No slight accomplishment for a 21 year old.
    And of course all the "likes" from Timme...

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    What a disaster..... the entire State is a refuge .....IMHO he needs to escape that dumpster fire as soon as possible..... the kid has been a winner with winning programs his entire life......it is to much to ask for him to make that team respectable .....follow Horace Greeley's advise and " Go west Young man "....
    Toronto would've been a great situation for Suggs, bummer.
    America's Team!

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Toronto would've been a great situation for Suggs, bummer.
    Brian Windhorst of ESPN reported Suggs had a terrible workout for Toronto as one reason why they did not select him.
    Is “player had bad workout” code for player let it be known he did not want to play in Canada….or news leaked by Raptors to take the heat off them for making that choice….or did Suggs really just have a bad workout?
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    10,660

    Default

    Really not that difficult IMO: live year round in Sunny Florida, no state income tax, where your smoking hot girlfriend can wear a bikini year-round... or live half of the year in a Canadian city with snow on the ground, and confiscatory taxes.

    My choice is Florida.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Really not that difficult IMO: live year round in Sunny Florida, no state income tax, where your smoking hot girlfriend can wear a bikini year-round... or live half of the year in a Canadian city with snow on the ground, and confiscatory taxes.

    My choice is Florida.
    I think Suggs would enjoy any city he is in being a man of his status. But I do get your point.
    America's Team!

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Ya from a purely which city would I chose to live in, I take Orlando 9 times out of 10. As for basketball program purely, I take raptors 9 time out of 10.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Really not that difficult IMO: live year round in Sunny Florida, no state income tax, where your smoking hot girlfriend can wear a bikini year-round... or live half of the year in a Canadian city with snow on the ground, and confiscatory taxes.

    My choice is Florida.
    I imagine from Texas, Florida looks pretty good.....you know you can get email every morning from the Villages with a updated list of the available units....

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    10,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I imagine from Texas, Florida looks pretty good.....you know you can get email every morning from the Villages with a updated list of the available units....
    You're killing me bart!

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    15,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I imagine from Texas, Florida looks pretty good.....you know you can get email every morning from the Villages with a updated list of the available units....
    But we don't play nobody.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,725

    Default

    If anyone hasn't tried the "Florida Man" challenge, it's fun. Google "florida man" plus your birthday (month and day). It's usually pretty funny.

    For example, Florida Man Dec 5:
    Florida man blames wind for stash found in car
    A 37-year-old man was arrested in Fort Pierce, Florida after claiming that the cocaine found in his car might have been blown in by the wind.
    https://dailyfriend.co.za/2019/12/05...-found-in-car/

    They usually are even more ridiculous.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •