Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft Day 07.29.21

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    You're killing me bart!
    Well I knew you would see the value of a morning roll call......but seriously......

after he returned home..... Ponce said that he never even looked for the fountain of youth much less found it.....and he did die in his 40's....

but modern testing has proven that 30% of the current population of Puerto Rico has his DNA.......sooo......

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Well I knew you would see the value of a morning roll call......but seriously......

after he returned home..... Ponce said that he never even looked for the fountain of youth much less found it.....and he did die in his 40's....

but modern testing has proven that 30% of the current population of Puerto Rico has his DNA.......sooo......
    Shot by a bevy of jealous husbands?
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

So Pounce was an earlier day father of his country, a la Steve Garvey?

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...-way-contracts

"Instead of letting the whims of teams in the 2021 NBA Draft control their destiny, new Lakers two-way players Joel Ayayi and Austin Reaves are betting on themselves."

Interesting article on what went down with Joel.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...-way-contracts

"Instead of letting the whims of teams in the 2021 NBA Draft control their destiny, new Lakers two-way players Joel Ayayi and Austin Reaves are betting on themselves."

Interesting article on what went down with Joel.
    Good read
    I miss Mike Hart

I learned something interesting over the weekend from my next door neighbor at the lake. He is a former Hockey player who has many friends in the NHL. One of his friends who makes $3 Million a year responded by telling how pro sports works as for taxes. He said making three million works out to actually be more like a million because he, playing in Canada gets half taken right off the top before having to pay other taxes based on his income bracket. He said that when you play in California or New York you pay California and New York income taxes on that game you just played also. I had no idea. He said some players in Europe make less by far but net more in the end. Interesting.
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Some insight on Kispert from his parents: https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...izards-drafted

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    Some insight on Kispert from his parents: https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...izards-drafted
    Thanks for the good read, Section 116. I really enjoyed it. It's really cool that he'll be playing with Rui, and I believe that Washington DC would be a wonderful place to live. Good luck to Corey.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Thanks for the good read, Section 116. I really enjoyed it. It's really cool that he'll be playing with Rui, and I believe that Washington DC would be a wonderful place to live. Good luck to Corey.

Go Zags!
    Good thing he'll get a nice payday; DC and the surrounding area is super expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    I learned something interesting over the weekend from my next door neighbor at the lake. He is a former Hockey player who has many friends in the NHL. One of his friends who makes $3 Million a year responded by telling how pro sports works as for taxes. He said making three million works out to actually be more like a million because he, playing in Canada gets half taken right off the top before having to pay other taxes based on his income bracket. He said that when you play in California or New York you pay California and New York income taxes on that game you just played also. I had no idea. He said some players in Europe make less by far but net more in the end. Interesting.
    That's why I'm always surprised that guys don't seem to factor that when they are free agents. You get to keep more of your money if you play in Washington, Florida, or Texas. Nice thing about working in DC is you don't have to pay DC taxes if you live in Maryland or Virginia (at least that was the case when I worked there 7 years ago).
    Bring back the OCC

I had a friend who was so dumb that he lived in Portland and shopped in Vancouver WA........

I had a friend who was so dumb that he lived in Portland and shopped in Vancouver WA........
    LOL
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Still, one more year.
    Actually, the reports are that Joel told the NBA teams thinking of drafting him, not to bother, (if they did, he would have gone to Europe.) That is why the Two-way Contract was immediately signed. He wanted to go with Lakers for fit and development. As a two way player, he can become a free agent quicker than as a second-round pick. https://lakersnation.com/lakers-rumo...-a/2021/07/31/
    ----
    Why not try Love Poems. They work to prime the pump.