Thread: Suggs Signs Multi-Year Deal With Adidas

Default Suggs Signs Multi-Year Deal With Adidas

Nick DePaula
    @NickDePaula
    · 4h
    OFFICIAL: Projected Top-5 NBA Draft pick Jalen Suggs has signed a multi-year sneaker deal with Adidas.

Jalen Suggs and Evan Mobley Told Us Why Their Ceilings Are the Highest in the Draft

https://www.complex.com/sports/jalen..._medium=social

Question. Could really good players who stay in college do this too?? Given the NIL approval.??

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Question. Could really good players who stay in college do this too?? Given the NIL approval.??
    I honestly don't know the answer to this, but I would bet that because the schools have apparel deals with companies already that this kind of NIL endorsement is off-limits. However maybe it would be allowed if the individual NIL deal is for the same brand?

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    I honestly don't know the answer to this, but I would bet that because the schools have apparel deals with companies already that this kind of NIL endorsement is off-limits. However maybe it would be allowed if the individual NIL deal is for the same brand?
    As I recall in Mike Roth's podcast with Ammo, this would absolutely be allowed under NIL rules. The student-athlete would be allowed to sign with a shoe company, but would have to wear nike in games and I believe in practice. Walking around campus in adidas would be perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by spike_jr View Post
    As I recall in Mike Roth's podcast with Ammo, this would absolutely be allowed under NIL rules. The student-athlete would be allowed to sign with a shoe company, but would have to wear nike in games and I believe in practice. Walking around campus in adidas would be perfectly fine.
    and what happens when intentionally or unintentionally student violates those standards?
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    and what happens when intentionally or unintentionally student violates those standards?
    Good point. Someone needs to be punished. Is it PC to punish the SA or should the school be the one to suffer?

How about the school (in conjunction with all the other schools) collect the fine from the NCAA and the Courts.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Did Jalen just sign a deal with Chipotle also?

Jalen Suggs
    @jalensuggs
    Draft day lunch - gonna need
    @chipotletweets
    wherever I go tonight! #sponsored

Top NBA Prospect Suggs Scores Robust Endorsement Portfolio Ahead of Draft

t has been a tough slog for NBA and NFL rookies seeking endorsement deals the last two years. Companies are heavily scrutinizing their marketing budgets as they recover from pandemic-fueled business disruptions.

One hoops star bucking the trend is Jalen Suggs, who is widely expected to be a top-five pick in Thursday night’s NBA Draft after one year at Gonzaga. Suggs gained national fame with his 40-foot buzzer-beater to lead the Zags over UCLA in the Final Four in April and has signed deals with a dozen partners already.

“Companies are being very selective and very strategic. These are tough times, but he’s crushing it,” said Wasserman basketball agent Darren Matsubara, who represents Suggs.

The sneaker pact is almost always the flagship agreement for NBA stars, and Suggs is no different. He landed a multi-year, multi-million-dollar agreement with Adidas in the lead-up to the Draft and is joined by fellow rookies Jalen Green, Evan Mobley and Sharife Cooper as new members of the Three Stripes family.

It has to help that he just has the personality for this. Uber-competitive, but also likable and fun.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Gosh, it's really amazing what can happen when you lead your team to the title game while playing real basketball games in front of countless people who have a diehard rooting interest in the outcome. The U.S. basketball public knows who Jalen Suggs is and Adidas knows this. He's not just a name on a recruiting sheet. And speaking of those sheets, Suggs was not a top 10 player on several of them

This will also not be his only endorsement, either.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Gosh, it's really amazing what can happen when you lead your team to the title game while playing real basketball games in front of countless people who have a diehard rooting interest in the outcome. The U.S. basketball public knows who Jalen Suggs is and Adidas knows this. He's not just a name on a recruiting sheet. And speaking of those sheets, Suggs was not a top 10 player on several of them

This will also not be his only endorsement, either.
    Good point....it is pretty difficult to build a marketable brand in the G League or overseas.....

NO ONE cares about the G league because local fans cannot identify with their teams due to all the player movement. Basketball is the ultimate cooperative sport. 7 things have to occur for the team's best player to get a quarter of a second look at an 18 foot jumper. The goal of every G league player is not to win basketball games and win championships. It is to GET OUT of the G League. Learning to be a winner - and that involves way more than just individual accolades - is the single most important developmental thing that elite talents like Suggs need to learn. And he would be even better now if he had gone thru a season where he played games last season in front of 18,000 people that hated his guts, but he got the best out of the situation that he could. I will never forget attending a G League game in Santa Cruz. First off, the place was half empty. Secondly, you could tell the difference between a G League crowd and a college crowd. The G League crowd felt like attending a Harlem Globetrotters game. It was like an exhibition game. I think these kids would better served playing overseas or sitting on the pine and observing Steph Curry's work ethic and winner's mentality than playing in a league that teaches kids that winning doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    It has to help that he just has the personality for this. Uber-competitive, but also likable and fun.
    Yeah - I can completely see Suggs being the face of whatever franchise he winds up with in a few years. His personality is so likeable (and more importantly, from a pure financial standpoint, marketable).

An unofficial tally, but I think so far Jalen has endorsement deals with Adidas, Chipotle, Wells Fargo, AT&T, Fortnite, and I may have missed a few others. Savvy!
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    An unofficial tally, but I think so far Jalen has endorsement deals with Adidas, Chipotle, Wells Fargo, AT&T, Fortnite, and I may have missed a few others. Savvy!
    love it! Hired some great representation it sounds, so yeah that makes him smart.