Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zags vs. UCLA 4 Team MTE Official Nov 22nd & 23rd

Doc, Watson sure will be the key...if he can play to his potential, which would make us just a step above everyone.

Zagdontzig - Juzang is going to be on every AA list if he stays healthy AND if he can defend! He will be another marketing sensation when he gets drafted in the lottery next year...of course there are some "IF's" too but UCLA will be such a talented team next year and balanced too!

We play such a strong schedule next season, might be the best we have played to date...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Just for fun:

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/full-tilt.html

This one misses the mark slightly, but is a nice metaphor:

https://wikidiff.com/joust/tilting
    I donít see Doc as Quixote or Carnegie.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Won't he be in New Orleans?
    Ok, Bryce.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Doc, Watson sure will be the key...if he can play to his potential, which would make us just a step above everyone.

Zagdontzig - Juzang is going to be on every AA list if he stays healthy AND if he can defend! He will be another marketing sensation when he gets drafted in the lottery next year...of course there are some "IF's" too but UCLA will be such a talented team next year and balanced too!

We play such a strong schedule next season, might be the best we have played to date...IMO
    The non-conference is going to be so, so, good.

I used to have access to the two UCLA Boards but no more. Anyone know what those old blue bloods are saying about this upcoming game with us??

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    I used to have access to the two UCLA Boards but no more. Anyone know what those old blue bloods are saying about this upcoming game with us??
    Probably that they’ll be slumming. Not USC arrogant, but close.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Probably that they’ll be slumming. Not USC arrogant, but close.
    lol....after beating Kansas....getting run out by Gonzaga ....that was tough on Andy.....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    lol....after beating Kansas....getting run out by Gonzaga ....that was tough on Andy.....
    Still, he had Mrs Andy for consolation.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Still, he had Mrs Andy for consolation.
    This.
    But we don't play nobody.

The other teams in the event are reportedly Bellarmine and Central Michigan.

My source for that information is the “1989 Radio Shack home computer graphics” UCLA board.

http://bruinzone.com/b12/messages/74890.shtml

...or I could have learned that by reading the CBS article that 77Zag linked in the second post of this thread. Sorry.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Stay in Kanab, at the Historic Parry Motor Lodge. It's where movie stars stayed when they were filming movies near Kanab from the 40s. Use that as your base, and you're 30 minutes from Zion, 90 minutes from Bryce Canyon.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/utah...ational-parks/
    Stop!!! You're giving away my secret place for the past few years. Still somewhat undiscovered. Love off roading there.

Quote Originally Posted by Larryzag View Post
    Stop!!! You're giving away my secret place for the past few years. Still somewhat undiscovered. Love off roading there.
    If you have kids, summer's a great time to stay at Parry. Every evening, they show a movie that was made in Kanab, preceded by a bit of Kanab history. If you like canyoneering, I recommed Zion Adventures. It was a bit pricey, but we had a full day hike in Water Canyon, with 5 rappels ranging from 40-90 feet. On the way back, our guide took us through the town of Hildale, a different vibe for sure.

Vegas in November has great weather, I am going to try my hardest to be at this game. Even if we have to wear a mask, it's worth it, just to see an epic game (and razz Johnny Juzang).
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

any word/idea on when tickets will go on sale?

Pre-sale tickets went live today on T-Mobile's ticket site (AXS) for the 2 day passes. When it asked for the code, I put in AXS and was able to purchase them. The rest of the tickets go on sale tomorrow. I was already headed down for the Duke game, so I extended my stay for this one. Should be a great week of Zags basketball!

Go Zags!

Tickets are for all 4 games, Monday and Tuesday. Pre-sale codes are Gazelle or AXS, whichever one you prefer to go with.

Here's the Gazelle option link: https://www.axs.com/events/410049/em...s?skin=tmobile
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zagguy97 View Post
    Pre-sale tickets went live today on T-Mobile's ticket site (AXS) for the 2 day passes. When it asked for the code, I put in AXS and was able to purchase them. The rest of the tickets go on sale tomorrow. I was already headed down for the Duke game, so I extended my stay for this one. Should be a great week of Zags basketball!

Go Zags!
    How much were the tickets?

Are the cheapest available really $375?

Not sure what it is now, I bought tickets in the front row of the top section for $120 each (inc fees) this morning for all 4 games, and that was the second to lowest price level.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Pretty nutso prices. I paid $145 each for upper deck seats. Really? UCLA/Zags i get, but then you have 2 teams that maybe 5 total people care about playing.

Quote Originally Posted by zagguy97 View Post

Go Zags!
    - doing the same, had duke tickets already and now ucla as well, with a two day stay at zion national park sandwiched in between.

- check back with me if need be, because if some covid variant shuts this down i think i may cut myself.