Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zags vs. UCLA 4 Team MTE Official Nov 22nd & 23rd

Default Zags vs. UCLA 4 Team MTE Official Nov 22nd & 23rd

From Matt Norlander on Twitter:

BREAKING: Preseason title contenders UCLA and Gonzaga have agreed to a rematch of their epic Final Four battle and will play each other in a four-team MTE this November at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena, sources tell
    @CBSSports
    . A huge game for CBB. Details:
    https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/st...632627714?s=20

BREAKING: Preseason title contenders UCLA and Gonzaga have agreed to a rematch of their epic Final Four battle and will play each other in a four-team MTE this November at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena, sources tell @CBSSports. A huge game for CBB. Details: https://cbssports.com/college-basket...-in-las-vegas/
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Should be a good tilt. finally. Our OOC is quite spectacular. Although UCLA was a 10 loss team who finished very strong, Cronin best prepare for the best front court in the country and a back court that is quite experienced ( Nembhard and Bolton) PLUS the two 5 star kids who look like world beaters. Amazing game and made for National TV. Quite the exciting season on the rise. When you're a high major team, these type of games follow. Best wishes to whoever was persistent enough to make this game happen. We win the OOC games and we'll lay claim to another season as a no 1 seed and a No 1 ranking.

Matt Norlander
    @MattNorlander
    · 12m
    Can confirm Andy’s report here, as I’ve also heard that Gonzaga-UCLA is likely to be a 10 p.m. ET on ESPN that Tuesday night — which is the Tuesday that lands two days before Thanksgiving. Big week for choops. Remember, Maui will be back in Maui and be happening that week, too. twitter.com/TheAndyKatz/st…

Any idea when tickets will be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    Any idea when tickets will be available?
    Exactly what I'd like to know, I just changed my flight and I'm not missing tix for this one like I did the Duke matchup.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Should be a good tilt. finally. Our OOC is quite spectacular. Although UCLA was a 10 loss team who finished very strong, Cronin best prepare for the best front court in the country and a back court that is quite experienced ( Nembhard and Bolton) PLUS the two 5 star kids who look like world beaters. Amazing game and made for National TV. Quite the exciting season on the rise. When you're a high major team, these type of games follow. Best wishes to whoever was persistent enough to make this game happen. We win the OOC games and we'll lay claim to another season as a no 1 seed and a No 1 ranking.
    Tilt? Quite the antiquated but nonetheless delightful word.

So, Zags play UCLA, Duke, Alabama, Texas Tech, Texas. Correct?

So zags play UCLA and Duke in the same week?

So far so good Jazz! Lol

Few must know what he has or he wouldnt be scheduling games to this caliber.

Seth Davis was asked in his mailbag yesterday, if he had to bet on which conference wins it all next year he said "I'll take the WCC. I think the Zags are just THAT loaded." Big statement considering he could pick any POWER 5 conference and have multiple chances.

UCLA and Duke back to back is a terrific Final Four preview.

Mow em down one at a time. I don't know about you guys but I loved being No 1 bumper to bumper last year and being a no 1 seed in all measurements include Joey Bracket's missives. We need a title but going undefeated in the regular season twice back to back seems like a big deal. Good team coming up. with the newcomers, I'm not sure how dominating they will be. Watson must come around! He should be a 20/8 guy.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyzag View Post
    Exactly what I'd like to know, I just changed my flight and I'm not missing tix for this one like I did the Duke matchup.
    - already got my duke v. zags tickets
    - i've been holding off on booking plane and hotel.........just in case this game fell in place.
    - gotta get tickets and double dip with the best vacation ever! basketball, vegas and utah national parks!

Who are the other teams in the event?
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - already got my duke v. zags tickets
    - i've been holding off on booking plane and hotel.........just in case this game fell in place.
    - gotta get tickets and double dip with the best vacation ever! basketball, vegas and utah national parks!
    Stay one night in St George, UT, then do Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Likely the same word I would have used, Jazz.

“To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Mow em down one at a time. I don't know about you guys but I loved being No 1 bumper to bumper last year and being a no 1 seed in all measurements include Joey Bracket's missives. We need a title but going undefeated in the regular season twice back to back seems like a big deal. Good team coming up. with the newcomers, I'm not sure how dominating they will be. Watson must come around! He should be a 20/8 guy.
    DOC, My question vs UCLA is can we defend Juazang(?), which we couldn't do in the FF...we do that we win that game...

Having to play UT and TT...those are going to be tough games...not sure my nails can take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    DOC, My question vs UCLA is can we defend Juazang(?), which we couldn't do in the FF...we do that we win that game...

Having to play UT and TT...those are going to be tough games...not sure my nails can take it!
    Stick Holmgren on him.

Just for fun:
    Tilt derives from the Old English word tealt or tylte, meaning to totter unsteadily. It isn't surprising that tilting was the early name for jousting, as the sport involves two knights on horseback charging at each other and trying to topple their opponent off his horse. This is the same meaning of tilt as in the eponymous hero's 'tilting at windmills' in Cervantes' Don Quixote.

The earliest references to 'the joust' (or 'just') come from the 13th century and the alternative name 'the tilt' three centuries later. Henry Ellis edited a 19th century work called Original Letters Illustrative of English History. In that he printed a letter, dated 1511, which includes this text:

"Knightes shall present themself... in harneys for the Tylte."
    https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/full-tilt.html

This one misses the mark slightly, but is a nice metaphor:
    Tilting: The process by which blister steel is rendered ductile by being forged with a tilt hammer.
    https://wikidiff.com/joust/tilting

Won't he be in New Orleans?
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

- plan to do so, too many people suggesting the same.

Stay in Kanab, at the Historic Parry Motor Lodge. It's where movie stars stayed when they were filming movies near Kanab from the 40s. Use that as your base, and you're 30 minutes from Zion, 90 minutes from Bryce Canyon.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/utah...ational-parks/

Cool

[QUOTE=Bogozags;1567763]DOC, My question vs UCLA is can we defend Juazang(?), which we couldn't do in the FF...we do that we win that game...

I’m not sure. I think we wait to see who plays defense. Watson is who I’m looking at because of his wingspan and his good defense in the past.

[QUOTE=MDABE80;1567778]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post

I’m not sure. I think we wait to see who plays defense. Watson is who I’m looking at because of his wingspan and his good defense in the past.
    I’m skeptical Juzang can continue to shoot like he did in the Final Four. It’s a lot to expect of a guy to play a whole season the way he did in the tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!