Thread: Spent the morning at UW

Default Spent the morning at UW

My daughter and I are visiting my family in the Seattle area. Since she is approaching he Jr year in HS I figured we would take advantage of the trip and Dona college visit. UW just opened up to on campus tours this month so it worked well.

It was a very pleasant visit. UW is a very good school so I would happy if she ever decided to go there (she still has no idea at all yet).

However, I did we a GU polo and hat which did not go unnoticed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Way to represent, kitz

I would be super excited if my daughter went to UW. Great reputation, great campus, huge network with the added bonus of her being only 30 miles away. I would have a hard time if she was considering University of Virginia though. That is so far away. Maybe I will feel different when she is closer to college age. I guess we have to let them go at some point .
    Bring back the OCC

Two of our kids went there. Two went to Whitman. One went to Eastern.

Guess which one of the five wasn’t HS valedictorian.

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I would be super excited if my daughter went to UW. Great reputation, great campus, huge network with the added bonus of her being only 30 miles away. I would have a hard time if she was considering University of Virginia though. That is so far away. Maybe I will feel different when she is closer to college age. I guess we have to let them go at some point .
    My daughter is way early in this process so I really just wanted to expose her to a college campus. Nothing has sparked her interest as far as what she wants to study or even what type of school she might be interested in.

Having my family in Washington St makes it a little different if my daughter ever did decide to come out. Having a network helps.

My oldest is at Tennessee which is seven hours away. She is now wishing she was closer.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Apparently, LIZF and I missed each other by yards in Seattle. We were both touring the Mopop Museam at the same time!

https://www.mopop.org/
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Apparently, LIZF and I missed each other by yards in Seattle. We were both touring the Mopop Museam at the same time!

https://www.mopop.org/
    Would not doubt we probably walked right by each other. I get tunnel vision in places like that.

just finishing up an amazing three days in the Olympics. Hurricane ridge is mind blowing. That being said with us logging about 7 miles of walking every day from the day we hit Seattle, my feet and hips are going to be happy to be home tomorrow night
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

We made our way out to Tri-cities to visit my folks. Spent a couple good days there and got some hikes in above Richland. My sister had a pottery booth at the Arts and Crafts fair they have there with the hydroplane races. Got to watch some Air Force F-35 aerobatics.

It was a good week.
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Glad you had a nice West Coast tour with the fam. Trying hard to get my sophomore-to-be interested in the college experience... he's got the grades but has not been excited about the idea of college so far.

Quote Originally Posted by kdaleb View Post
    Glad you had a nice West Coast tour with the fam. Trying hard to get my sophomore-to-be interested in the college experience... he's got the grades but has not been excited about the idea of college so far.
    My daughter is kind of in the same boat. She says she wants to go to college but I don’t think she has envisioned herself as having to be concerned with college. That’s fine. I see no reason to push it.

- Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time