Thread: Longhorns and Sooners to the SEC?

Default Longhorns and Sooners to the SEC?

With College Football Playoff expansion on the horizon and the sport as a whole undergoing radical change, another round of conference realignment may be on the horizon. Texas and Oklahoma have reportedly "reached out" to the SEC about joining the league should the two Big 12 powerhouses choose to leave their home conference, according to Brent Zwerneman of the Houston Chronicle.

Citing "a high-ranking college official with knowledge of the situation," the Chronicle reports that the SEC could announce the additions of the Longhorns and Sooners "within a couple of weeks."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...up-per-report/
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    that would kind of make Big 12 a basketball conference if that happened
    Bring back the OCC

Could the SEC put up with Texas' outsized ego?

We are having a huge discussion about this over at my general sports forum. If UT-Austin wants to do this, so be it, but I know it smells of greed. Is the money they get from the Longhorn Network not good enough? I hate the SEC with an unmitigated passion and will never support one of their teams, either in football or CBB. Sorry, but I'm a Pac-12 and WCC guy, deep to the bone.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !