Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carr to TX

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    So the Zags v Texas game vaults ahead of GU UCLA as must see preseason hoops?
    Finally! A game season ticket holders have been waiting for! I will probably try to make it to Phoenix, but that's about it, with the new job. No complaints here.

What UCLA game??

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    What UCLA game??
    There was one?

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    They are loaded
    Blah. Care was an average player at the end of last season. Numbers weren’t great and shot and bricked a ton of balls
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Blah. Care was an average player at the end of last season. Numbers weren’t great and shot and bricked a ton of balls
    Their guards are carr askew Jones and raimey. That’s loaded if you ask me. We are too with nemby, hickman, sallis Harris and Bolton

When is the tentative date of the Zags/Texas matchup? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    When is the tentative date of the Zags/Texas matchup? Thanks in advance.
    I believe its officially Sat Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    I believe its officially Sat Nov 13th
    At home or away to kick it off? Thanks.

They won’t have a team maybe by March. We’ll win this one . We have the best talent and the best front court by far. Hope Kaden’s available and that Watson comes around. All we need for another title run is some experience and some time together.

Hope you are correct Abe. I predict a very tough game, and not easily won. Nembart and Drew are the only givens. The freshman, as great as they have been in high school are now competing on a different level. Gonna be so damn exciting. let the season begin!

Lol yes Katman but nobody has Chet!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Should have gone to Pepperdine.
    He transferred last March 25th. Probably it is the best place for him to play now. Bus League should bring back his confidence. IMO

Their guards are carr askew Jones and raimey. That’s loaded if you ask me. We are too with nemby, hickman, sallis Harris and Bolton
    Those 4 shot 39, 35, 40, and 38 percent on field goals last year. And Ramey is the only one who shot better than 34% from 3. And I’d take Chet, Timme and Watson over their forwards. I still think GU is better.

Beard was hired to compete for and to win National Championships and he will be given all the resources he needs to do that .....and they will push to the limit any opportunity to do that.....including thug play....

With Kentucky and North Carolina and Duke in transition I suspect they will succeed . The game with Gonzaga will be a program defining game for them ......a rock fight....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Beard was hired to compete for and to win National Championships and he will be given all the resources he needs to do that .....and they will push to the limit any opportunity to do that.....including thug play....

With Kentucky and North Carolina and Duke in transition I suspect they will succeed . The game with Gonzaga will be a program defining game for them ......a rock fight....
    Agree completely Bart. What infuriates me is how he is lionized by the CBB media, hangers on, even some fellow coaches. Seems a walking violation to me. But then handsome Bruce Pearl is still blubbering and sweating on the sideline.

If you want drama you have to have a villain and a hero and a epic battle..... that the protagonist wins over the bad guy.... a kind of basketball edition of " Catholics vs. Convicts ".

I suspect if you want to win a National Championship in the next decade you will have to beat Texas.....Duke is so 2010....

I remember rooting for Santa Ana ....
    Last edited by bartruff1; 07-18-2021 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    If you want drama you have to have a villain and a hero and a epic battle..... that the protagonist wins over the bad guy.... a kind of basketball edition of " Catholics vs. Convicts ".

I suspect if you want to win a National Championship in the next decade you will have to beat Texas.....Duke is so 2010....

I remember rooting for Santa Ana ....
    Drink Texian Army Brew coffee from Whiskey Morning Coffee in Tolar, Texas. It's so good, you'll want to head down to San Jacinto, and help Sam Houston kick Santy Anny's rear again!

http://whiskeymorningcoffee.com

The last three? Fine. Carr adds no significant value to me. He got hot for like a month and flamed out. Doesn’t really impress me
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I realize that Kentucky is still getting players, but man, it's not an automatic anymore that a recruit will report to Lexington once General Calipari calls. They wanted Sallis, and while I realize geography played a hand in Hickman (a McDonald's AA) bolting from Lexington, he's a Zag as well. They got a dang good replacement in TyTy Washington, but Hickman was not recruited over.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I realize that Kentucky is still getting players, but man, it's not an automatic anymore that a recruit will report to Lexington once General Calipari calls. They wanted Sallis, and while I realize geography played a hand in Hickman (a McDonald's AA) bolting from Lexington, he's a Zag as well. They got a dang good replacement in TyTy Washington, but Hickman was not recruited over.
    I think Coach K busted up Cal's stranglehold on the cream of the crop one and doners years ago. The Dookies don't get all of them either. It's become a bit more diversified now. But definitely K changing his philosophy and going all in on one and done had a massive effect on the UK basketball program.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    I think Coach K busted up Cal's stranglehold on the cream of the crop one and doners years ago. The Dookies don't get all of them either. It's become a bit more diversified now. But definitely K changing his philosophy and going all in on one and done had a massive effect on the UK basketball program.
    I think the Zags have pilfered a few from Kentucky, too. NIL may put a stop to that, there’s a lot more money in Lexington than Spokane.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I think the Zags have pilfered a few from Kentucky, too. NIL may put a stop to that, there’s a lot more money in Lexington than Spokane.
    I heard a network radio jock speculate that, aside from the very few at the top of their sport, NIL will most likely encourage middle of the road players to stay in school. The financial burden suddenly won't be as perilous, so a degree will make more sense, along with the opportunity to improve, to proceed going ahead.
    I still think that there will be egregious misuses of NIL, the monied schools going back to the transgressions of yore, when top players were paid to do a job, whether they did anything or not. Instead it will be autographed pics at a grand a pop, and the rich boosters can get 10 each to pass out to friends.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Parrish has Texas at #3 and 'Bama at #6.

What an amazing game for the GU season ticket holders. A top 5 showdown between the Horns and Zags.

I just wish the Zags could play one of these games in February, but w/ the expanded power leagues, them days are over.