Thread: Ammo With Santangelo

Default Ammo With Santangelo

But we don't play nobody.

Pretty good podcast and worth the time. Santangelo is very articulate and represents Hoopfest well. Interesting discussion about the problems with elite AAU teams and the resulting lack of access by less talented players or players whose families are not as affluent. Adam - know where the camera is and quit blocking your face with your hand. It muffles your voice and it make you look like you didn’t get enough sleep the night before.

This episode was excellent imo Love the hoopfest background info.

Interesting points were made about how comparing player stats can be nuanced out by also comparing games played/minutes/team talent/style of play. Santangelo, ever gracious and aware of sounding like a "salty old guy" bemoaned the fact that he ran a motion/flex offense and never got to run a pick-and-roll. Perkins, who beat his assist record, played more games, ran a pick and roll offense, and had NBA-level players around him. Santangelo's assist totals are remarkable, given those factors.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Interesting points were made about how comparing player stats can be nuanced out by also comparing games played/minutes/team talent/style of play. Santangelo, ever gracious and aware of sounding like a "salty old guy" bemoaned the fact that he ran a motion/flex offense and never got to run a pick-and-roll. Perkins, who beat his assist record, played more games, ran a pick and roll offense, and had NBA-level players around him. Santangelo's assist totals are remarkable, given those factors.
    Santangelo running the show in Key Arena and beating #2 seed Stanford was an amazing zag moment for me. Thank you Arthur Lee for choosing Stanford so we could get Matt! Great dude, great interview.

Hoping this show comes back. Thought it was kind of weird to get a "best of" only like 8 episodes in then nothing for more than a month. Has anybody heard anything? I was really enjoying this....I listen to way too many podcasts and always put this first when there was a new episode, regardless of what I had in queue otherwise.

As the number of available first time guests dwindle, Adam will have to become more creative in his format. Perhaps inviting a core group of guests to periodically reappear, move beyond the current reminiscent based theme, and focus more upon their unique perspectives of the latest program or player developments. Adam's knowledge of the game is more of a valuable asset then he realizes and not utilized to it's full potential. People would really like to hear Adam's knowledge applied to specific, current topics. Perhaps by addressing questions submitted by viewers to broaden the potential topic pool. Adam's core guests can periodically return and offer unique insight with a topic focused format as well. His guests don't necessarily have to be big names, just knowledgeable folks that can provide interesting perspective. His program can't survive indefinitely by repeatedly regurgitating the "good old" days with former Zag legends as first time guests. The theme, although initially very interesting, has a shelf life as Adam (and his guests) will eventually run out of interesting stories to tell. More likely, he will run out of Zag legends as first time guests before then. Adam doesn't need major outside help to legitimize his program. He has enough credibility, star power, and knowledge to carry the program himself. An occasional "surprise" appearance by a Zag legend would more than suffice. The current team is a damn good topic to focus the show on.
    Last edited by MickMick; 08-30-2021 at 01:11 PM.
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by zag944 View Post
    Hoping this show comes back. Thought it was kind of weird to get a "best of" only like 8 episodes in then nothing for more than a month. Has anybody heard anything? I was really enjoying this....I listen to way too many podcasts and always put this first when there was a new episode, regardless of what I had in queue otherwise.
    He posted he will be back mid September, Summer with kids