Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT- Anyone sending their kid to the zags basketball camp? (Aug 5-7) Questions

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    Gonzagaga and I are going to do some golfing on Friday around 10am. Anyone wanna join us??
    Anyone interested?

I'll preface this by saying, I am not a great golfer. I'm not sure about Gonezagaga? I think he's probably pretty good. We're just going to have some fun though. A nice, leisurely, round. Let me know if anyone wants to play!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Anyone interested?

I'll preface this by saying, I am not a great golfer. I'm not sure about Gonezagaga? I think he's probably pretty good. We're just going to have some fun though. A nice, leisurely, round. Let me know if anyone wants to play!
    Wish I coul, but I'll be out of town and I quit golfing a dozen years ago. Go figure.

Still up for a week night get together, if anything can be arranged/
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Wish I coul, but I'll be out of town and I quit golfing a dozen years ago. Go figure.

Still up for a week night get together, if anything can be arranged/
    How would Thur night work for you? What's a good time? (I'm 100% flexible) Maybe....6:30? 7?

How would Thur night work for you? What's a good time? (I'm 100% flexible) Maybe....6:30? 7?
    Anyone else, feel free to give some input!

Which Thursday. I leave on the 5th to drive to Bozeman. Wed the 4th works, or the following Thur works.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Which Thursday. I leave on the 5th to drive to Bozeman. Wed the 4th works, or the following Thur works.
    Oh BUMMER! We will be down Wednesday August 4th through Sunday August 8th, so I was looking at Thursday the 5th...

We don't get in until early evening Wednesday, so I don't think that would work...

CRUD! Sorry!

LAST CALL- We could use a 4th for our round of golf this Friday morning!

Shoot me a message!

Oh BUMMER! We will be down Wednesday August 4th through Sunday August 8th, so I was looking at Thursday the 5th...

We don't get in until early evening Wednesday, so I don't think that would work...

CRUD! Sorry!
    Dump your kid at the B&B and let's party!

Just kidding. I'm sorry too, but business calls. Another time.

If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Thank you!

I will be heading to Spokane Friday. Any chance you are having a Zag get together Friday or Saturday night?
    Bring back the OCC

Nothing exactly set in stone yet. I’d say there’s a good chance we’re around Jack & Dan’s Friday evening. We’ll be in CDA all evening Saturday though.

Nothing exactly set in stone yet. I’d say there’s a good chance we’re around Jack & Dan’s Friday evening. We’ll be in CDA all evening Saturday though.
    - understand things will be fluid at times, let us know if/when this firms up.

This definitely won’t work for everyone…(sorry gu03!!!), but we have some things planned for Fri and Sat evenings, so we’ll have to say Jack & Dan’s at 6:00-6:30 Thursday evening. My son and I will be grabbing dinner, and I’ll have a beer or two and hope to see a few people there!! (I know we have at least 1-2 posters planning to stop in and say hi. I’d love to meet a few more!)

We had to move to Caruso’s, just FYI! No room in the back of Jack & Dan’s.

With camp winding down in the next hour, I wanted to say making the drive from Tacoma to Spokane was worth it. My son had a great time. He got autographs from Chet, Drew, Dom, Andrew, Kaden, Ben, Abe, Marty and a couple others … but most importantly to him, Matt Lang’s who was awesome at camp and made the experience really fun for him.

He got a picture with the Bulldog out front, bought a Suggs jersey, and got to stay in a hotel with his dad for three days - just him, no sisters or mom getting in the way. It’ll be some good memories for him and me.

Quote Originally Posted by mgadfly View Post
    With camp winding down in the next hour, I wanted to say making the drive from Tacoma to Spokane was worth it. My son had a great time. He got autographs from Chet, Drew, Dom, Andrew, Kaden, Ben, Abe, Marty and a couple others … but most importantly to him, Matt Lang’s who was awesome at camp and made the experience really fun for him.

He got a picture with the Bulldog out front, bought a Suggs jersey, and got to stay in a hotel with his dad for three days - just him, no sisters or mom getting in the way. It’ll be some good memories for him and me.
    Happy Father’s Day, good for you.

MGADFLY….you just made this Dads day! Hearing my son Matthew made it fun for your son makes me proud. Go Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by pdxirish View Post
    MGADFLY….you just made this Dads day! Hearing my son Matthew made it fun for your son makes me proud. Go Zags!
    Awesome. Whatta Zag family.

Woohoo will be checking in here at some point. I'll just say the wife and I spent several days with Woohoo and son including time watching all the youngsters at camp. We have already decided to attend additional camps even if we know no one. Watching the kids, and the players interact with the kids, is worth the price of admission, which is free. You can't beat that!

Quote Originally Posted by pdxirish View Post
    You should be proud. He was great the whole time. We have been home 15 minutes and he’s already shown everyone his Matt Lang autographed ball (he is also pretty proud of Timme's signature as Drew was great with the kids too).

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    Woohoo will be checking in here at some point. I'll just say the wife and I spent several days with Woohoo and son including time watching all the youngsters at camp. We have already decided to attend additional camps even if we know no one. Watching the kids, and the players interact with the kids, is worth the price of admission, which is free. You can't beat that!
    Yes! Full writeup with some pics (and a couple funny stories) coming within a day or so! Trying to get back on top of things at work at the moment!

Mgadfly- Glad you (and your son) had a great experience too! I didn't realize you were there!

pdxirish- I was hoping to run in to Matty dangit. I saw him a few times, but he was never specifically working with Kaleb that I saw (I wasn't there all day Friday though).

Woohoo.....left you my number so I can find you to offset the cost of this trip. M

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Woohoo.....left you my number so I can find you to offset the cost of this trip. M
    Did you PM me? I don't see anything. It seems PM's between you and I are not wanting to go through for some reason!

Did you PM me? I don't see anything. It seems PM's between you and I are not wanting to go through for some reason!
    That being said, that is an incredibly generous offer. Honestly...a couple of posters were also very generous, and helped with a lot of aspects of this trip. The GU family is honestly just way too kind and generous. Two different times I heard 'Your money is no good in Washington'. Come to find out, the GU Bookstore did not share that sentiment, and they were HAPPY to take quite a lot of my money!!