• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gozagswoohoo
    Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Cool experiences last a lifetime. Material things usually don't mean nearly as much. Spend your money on doing things with your kids and allowing them to do things that create memories.

Go for it, woohoo.
    Giving it some VERY serious thought!!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
      • Feb 2007

So far, the cheapest I'm seeing is a $400 AirBnb, 2 miles from the MAC. That's not terrible. Please let me know if anyone knows of a cheap hotel right there near campus! We would be at the camp virtually all day while we're down, so it doesn't need to be anything special!

EDITED: Has anyone heard of Hotel LiveMax Nishinomiya? It's pretty cheap.

Thanks!

Comment

• Radbooks
        Zag for Life
        • Jun 2007

There is a Holiday Inn Express really close to campus - it's on Division St. - that I've stayed in before. It has a pool and free breakfast which is nice.
        “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• Zaglaw
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Search Trivago for proximity to City Centre and you will get lots of options. There is a Red Lion on 4th just east of Division that usually has good rates. The Centennial is currently advertising good rates as well, which is a bit surprising because it is a full service hotel on the river. Perhaps due to coming out of the pandemic.

Good luck!

Comment

• Birddog
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

The courtyard is close enough to walk to and from the campus. It’s on the river trail where there is a fair amount of urban camping.
            Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
            Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
            All mimsy were the borogoves,
            And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
              That place looks incredible.
              Trust me, when you walk into the great room there are enormous windows that are filled with the Tetons it’s breathtaking. You probably can’t secure reservations this late but it’s certainly worth a visit just to take in that you view. And to have something to eat in one of the amazing restaurants.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                Hey, woohoo!

I strongly recommend taking your son to the camp. It was as close as a trip of a lifetime for all of us. My youngest son's hoop skills improved greatly during the camp, and he still talks about playing Josh Perkins one on one. I've probably bored everyone on the site with Big D's exploits, and the beginning of his friendship with Corey Kispert. My wife caught Zag fever, albeit briefly...she spent a lot of time, and money, in the Gonzaga Bookstore.

If you're driving, I strongly recommend spending a day or two at Yellowstone NP. It won't be cheap, the most reasonable hotel I found was in Cody, about an hour from the park, but the drive to Yellowstone was awesome.
                One more question! Am I remembering correctly that they do autographs/pics at the end of camp? One option we're looking at....flying OUT of Spokane at 3:30pm Saturday. Camp ends at NOON that day. I definitely wouldn't want to miss autographs and whatnot. If that IS at the end of camp, do you remember much about the timing of that aspect? Thanks!

Comment

• Sarenyon
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Another reason to go Woohoo is to see Spokane in the Summer! You may never want to leave. I'm back in GA after going back for the last 12 days. Hot - but totally dry heat - I'll take that any day. The PNW and Spokane are wonderful in the Summer.

Hope you get to go.
                  GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                    Zag for Life
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                    Was Honeybear Leftwich or Jim Washington a counselor? Billy Melchionni?
                    I had to google Leftwich and Washington. Melchionni of course is familiar. He graduated in '66 so was 2yrs into his pro career by then. Those guys predate my time in the Philly area, which began w/ the 66'67 season.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
                      I had to google Leftwich and Washington. Melchionni of course is familiar. He graduated in '66 so was 2yrs into his pro career by then. Those guys predate my time in the Philly area, which began w/ the 66'67 season.
                      The Big 5 Will Never Die. Loved the Jack Kraft shoutout.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80
                        SO for the campers, is 6 yrs old too young to attend??
                        Big D was 6 when we were up there. He got kind of bored while Nana and Opa were visiting wineries. I don't think it's too young, there will be basic instruction for those youngsters.

One of my BIL's wants to make a trip up there next year, so we can put my nephew and grandson in a camp. It's going to be tight, though...I prefer the road trip, but may not have the time for it. I'm back working again, landed in a great spot...working for the family of PrestonPlayz...I'm the cool grandpa again!

Preston now has over 30 million Youtube subscribers. If you're not familiar with him, do a search on youtube, his name will appear after you've typed in "Pres".

Comment

• zagbeliever
                          Bleeds GU Blue
                          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
                          I'm very seriously considering coming from St. Louis out to Spokane so Woohoo Jr. can attend basketball camp. I believe this would be his last opportunity to come to camp, as he is heading to 7th grade.

First, have any of you sent little's to camp before? I assume they loved it. Is the camp closed to spectators? I'm just not sure what I'd do from 9-5 while he is at camp!! haha. Do players help out with drills/camp? He would absolutely flip.

Are there any cheap hotels near the MAC? (I'm assuming camp is held there at the MAC?)
                          Our grandson went several years ago and had Kelly O as his coach. Nate wound up playing baseball but he still talks about the camp and Kelly on occasion. (he's 18 now) The kids are treated so well.
                          Last edited by zagbeliever; 07-15-2021, 04:19 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• northsidezagfan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2009

I did the overnight camp in 8th grade, Bankhead was my coach. Amazing memories I won’t ever forget.

Comment

• vandalzag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Do you what you have to make it happen. Did the father/son camp many years ago Ammo, Ronny, Mallon, Raivio, etc.. were the counselors and it was a blast. I have several friends who have sent their kids in recent years and they can't say enough good things. I have sent my daughter to their soccer camps which have been excellent. You will not regret sending your son.

Comment

• mgadfly
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Does anyone know the actual link for information about this year's camp? I've been googling, but keep finding prior year's info.
                                And found it:

Comment

Working...
                                X