Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT- Anyone sending their kid to the zags basketball camp? (Aug 5-7) Questions

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    Still trying to see if I can make this work. One thing that could help....flying back home SATURDAY after camp instead of staying until Sunday.

Here's my question though- Camp ends at NOON on Saturday. There's a flight out of Spokane at 3:45pm that afternoon. From what I've been told, the airport is not far from campus at all. Would we have to leave for the MAC at.....what....1:30ish? To be safe?

If camp ends at noon, would we have plenty of time for autographs/photo-ops if we had to leave at 1:30? If any of you have attended that portion of post-camp activities, do you remember the timing of any of that?
    Try and get in line first. The autograph line was open for over 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Try and get in line first. The autograph line was open for over 2 hours.
    Would there be anything else, other than the autograph line, that we'd want to try and catch or do on Saturday once camp ends?
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Would there be anything else, other than the autograph line, that we'd want to try and catch or do on Saturday once camp ends?
    Good question, maybe some time in the bookstore, see if there’s any new gear. Sorry, not much help here, and Coach Few wasn’t available for fly fishing lessons.

Still trying to see if I can make this work. One thing that could help....flying back home SATURDAY after camp instead of staying until Sunday.

Here's my question though- Camp ends at NOON on Saturday. There's a flight out of Spokane at 3:45pm that afternoon. From what I've been told, the airport is not far from campus at all. Would we have to leave for the MAC at.....what....1:30ish? To be safe?

If camp ends at noon, would we have plenty of time for autographs/photo-ops if we had to leave at 1:30? If any of you have attended that portion of post-camp activities, do you remember the timing of any of that?
    You are 20 minutes from the airport at GU. Rental car facility is right on site. No trams or busses from rental car to port. You could easily leave at 2:00 and get there in time for flight.

Quote Originally Posted by MEZAG View Post
    You are 20 minutes from the airport at GU. Rental car facility is right on site. No trams or busses from rental car to port. You could easily leave at 2:00 and get there in time for flight.
    This is spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by MEZAG View Post
    Great info. Very helpful, thank you!

Tell Ashley I love her new do!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Tell Ashley I love her new do!

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    This is spot on!
    Easiest airport to navigate in the west. Only one that comes close is Jackson Hole. Maybe Fresno, which is otherworldly.

https://www.jacksonholeairport.com/

https://www.yosemitethisyear.com/acc...tional-airport

The most beautiful part of the country aside from the great Pacific Northwest. . Meanwhile do we have a verdict for woohoo?

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    The most beautiful part of the country aside from the great Pacific Northwest. . Meanwhile do we have a verdict for woohoo?
    Putting in a good word for the Adirondacks, the more north the better. Forever wild.

https://visitadirondacks.com/

Those aren’t “sincere” mountains Jazz. What the chain seems to be is mere glimpse of what he REALLY wanted to do out west. So in few million years HE did it right... out west with the Rockys and the Sierra chain! . Something along the lines of “the shape of things to come”...

Check your PM’s Doc!

I can’t even believe I’m saying this right now….but my kid is coming to GU’s basketball camp!!!!

I’m so excited I can barely type this. This is going to be such a memorable experience!!

There’s a lot to plan, BUT….GhostZag is making reservations for Woohoo Jr and I to meet her and Mr. GhostZag at a place in CDA called Cedars on Saturday at 6pm. We would love if any posters wanted to join us. If you want to come, let me know and we will adjust the reservation. If possible, let us know by tonight at 6pm Spokane time.

I also plan on showing Woohoo Jr around campus and Jack & Dan’s!! I’d also be up for a poster meet up during the week in the evening.

CAN.NOT.WAIT. I can’t believe it’s happening…

Man, wish I was in Coeur d Alene that weekend, would boat over and join at Cedars. Nice digs, fun upscale summer meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If at first you don't succeed, try to solve the situation with a spud gun. ~Dwight Schrute~

Check your PM’s Doc!
    Nothing there......... I just checked.

Those aren’t “sincere” mountains Jazz. What the chain seems to be is mere glimpse of what he REALLY wanted to do out west. So in few million years HE did it right... out west with the Rockys and the Sierra chain! . Something along the lines of “the shape of things to come”...
    Why do you assume He went from right to left?

lololol he seems to have a mind of his own Someday there are a lot of questions I have. Until then I just be grateful to in the middle of this vast gorgeous project!!

lololol he seems to have a mind of his own Someday there are a lot of questions I have. Until then I just be grateful to in the middle of this vast gorgeous project!!
    Mayor Dinkins called NYC a “gorgeous mosaic.” Hope it works out better for us.

https://www.nytimes.com/1990/01/03/o...aic-thing.html

Quote Originally Posted by mgadfly View Post
    Are parents allowed to watch at all?
    No. I get wanting to but imagine accommodating all the parents that want to watch.

Go Zags!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoZarth View Post
    No. I get wanting to but imagine accommodating all the parents that want to watch.

Go Zags!!!!
    Well crud. What am I supposed to do from 9-5 every day?!?! lol

I hope Woohoo Jr. won't be too nervous...

He was asking a lot of questions about how he wouldn't know anybody there, was afraid that everyone would be better than him, or that he wouldn't know what to do (not that me being in the stands would help with much of that, but still).

I hope Woohoo Jr. won't be too nervous...

He was asking a lot of questions about how he wouldn't know anybody there, was afraid that everyone would be better than him, or that he wouldn't know what to do (not that me being in the stands would help with much of that, but still).
    Should be no worries. Jr. will be a much improved player by the end of camp. Get lots of pictures, and buy a mini-ball suitable for autographs. There should be an ample supply at the bookstore.

By all means, get a photo of Junior on the Bulldog, and one with Bing’s statue. It’s not well known that Bing was at GU for a couple of years.

Gonzagaga and I are going to do some golfing on Friday around 10am. Anyone wanna join us??