Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread Ratings---

Default Thread Ratings---

Does someone go through and literally rate most, if not all threads 1 star?

It is pretty embarrassing for outsiders to look on our page and 80% of threads have 1-2 star on them out of 5. Whoever is doing this may think they are funny, but in reality it just hurts the board.

+1

While I don't think I've ever rated a thread, I have nothing against board members doing so in good faith, but to see otherwise positive or at least anodyne threads rated one star for no obvious reason is sort of embarrassing.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Agreed. I really don’t want to point any fingers, but I recall Bart saying that he has rated a number of threads “1-star” in the past. Tell me it’s not you, Bart.

I never look at thread ratings. They serve no purpose.

I didn't know there was even a rating system for threads.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Agreed. I really don’t want to point any fingers, but I recall Bart saying that he has rated a number of threads “1-star” in the past. Tell me it’s not you, Bart.
    It's not me....I wouldn't bother with it.....but I think it is no big deal....who cares....

If I rate a thread one star I will be first to admit it....like this thread ...

I think we should use acronyms on the threads for insiders only…and to keep Bart in the dark

Who's Bart?

I moderate at a professional video site which uses the vBulletin database, which is what the guboards has.

The administrators or moderators can either turn on the rating system, which is akin to a poll, or keep off it. I believe it defaults, however, to one star.

We need to bring back rep. Also, I have no problem 1 starring a thread I think is stupid.
    Bring back the OCC

I don't even pay attention to the star ratings for a thread. Am surprised so many evidently do.

Quote Originally Posted by daskim View Post
    I moderate at a professional video site which uses the vBulletin database, which is what the guboards has.

The administrators or moderators can either turn on the rating system, which is akin to a poll, or keep off it. I believe it defaults, however, to one star.
    Some threads dont have ratings so i dont think it defaults. I think its some knucklehead that thinks hes funny.

Add your own rating. If enough of us do that, we drown out the 1-stars. Pretty simple really.

I usually use Tapatalk to peruse the forum. It has its own interface and ‘liking’. It doesn’t show the vBulletin stars or likes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    I never look at thread ratings. They serve no purpose.

This.
    But we don't play nobody.

Until now and I had to go poke around to find it, i had no idea we rated threads. To each his own
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Rep was the total worst, every person trying to make funnies to increase yet another arbitrary number. Was it disabled because we couldn't get some below zero?
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

I've gotten so many 1 ratings that I thought it was the highest rating......hahhaha
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

If you are the type to actually pay attention to ratings in general (not just here), keep this in mind, the vast majority of people who are SATISFIED with a product or service DO NOT RATE that product or service. Instead, it's when people are upset to some degree that they take the time to rate something. Yet, for some reason, modern society acts as if every SATISFIED customer actually takes the time to rate something, when it's probably something more like 1 in 5 satisfied customers take the time to do it.

I'm pretty sure it's a fan of another school who has absolutely no life and is a stain on society.
    There's for some reason a lot of them.

Easy Peasy....get rid of it....it serves no useful purpose.......if a poster agrees or disagrees with the quality of a thread they can post to that effec......

Honestly, I really don't care about the thread ratings. I recommend others do so as well.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I usually use Tapatalk to peruse the forum. It has its own interface and ‘liking’. It doesn’t show the vBulletin stars or likes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I view the forum exclusively through Tapatalk as well. I don't even know how to 'like' something on this app!

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk

Red face There are stars, and there are STARS.

Kiddwell used to validate his life by GUBoards's star ratings. Since however Kiddwell rarely starts a thread, validation has been lean to none. So now he finds his star validation in astrology.

:]
    Last edited by Kiddwell; 07-12-2021 at 09:55 AM.
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Kiddwell used to validate his life by GUBoards's star ratings. Since however Kiddwell rarely starts a thread, validation has been lean to none. So now he find his star validation in astrology.

:]
    Every dot on this Hubble Space Telescope image is a galaxy containing 100,000,000 stars, and this is but a tiny speck of the night sky. Is that enough stars for you? Oh wait, you said astrology.