Thread: FIBA U19 United States vs Korea, featuring Chet Holmgren

Default FIBA U19 United States vs Korea, featuring Chet Holmgren

Coming up at 10:30 AM.

Live Stats

USA wins it 132-60. Chet with 17 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists, and 3 blocks.

USA plays Senegal in the quarter-finals on Friday.

Watching the way Dixon is using him in the offense, he reminds me a lot of sophomore Ayayi, if Ayayi were allowed to wear platform shoes and wave some dustbrooms around in his hands while playing defense. In my mind, it's helpful to think of Chet as really tall for a 2/3/4 instead of skinny for a 4/5.

If Canada gets by Spain then it will be a very interesting Semi final match (Senegal will be no match for the US team)...

The USA have a deeper backcourt (Andrew's little brother Ryan does not have much back up at PG), Canada probably has an edge in the wings with Houstan, Mathurin and Fisher so the game may come down to how Canada deals with Chet and how the USA handles 7'3" Purdue Centre Zach Edey.

Hopefully they do get a chance to play.

I watched the Korea game. You know the Holmgren highlight videos of him faking a 3, going behind his back and driving for a layup, etc...? Yeah, he does that in this game. Plus at least 2 "grab the rebound and take it coast-to-coast" highlights and a few "I'm going to dunk on you and there's nothing you can do about it" highlights. Good passer too.

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    I watched the Korea game. You know the Holmgren highlight videos of him faking a 3, going behind his back and driving for a layup, etc...? Yeah, he does that in this game. Plus at least 2 "grab the rebound and take it coast-to-coast" highlights and a few "I'm going to dunk on you and there's nothing you can do about it" highlights. Good passer too.
    Emphasis on the good passer. I watched for a few minutes...Chet was wide open for a 3 at the top of the key. Instead of taking the shot, he zipped a pass in the paint to a teammate. We may see a triple double from him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Emphasis on the good passer. I watched for a few minutes...Chet was wide open for a 3 at the top of the key. Instead of taking the shot, he zipped a pass in the paint to a teammate. We may see a triple double from him this year.
    I want a quadruple double. Throw in blocks too.