Thread: Battle in Seattle 2021

Default Battle in Seattle 2021

Jim Meehan
    @SRJimm
    ·
    7m
    Gonzaga officially announces it will face Alabama on Dec. 4 in the return of the Battle in Seattle at Climate Pledge Arena.

"Game time and viewing information will be announced soon, but tickets go on sale to the public July 16 at 10 a.m. They can be purchased at climatepledgearena.com "

https://www.kxly.com/battle-in-seatt...tter_kxly4news

Last edited by TexasZagFan; 07-07-2021 at 09:33 PM.

Men's Basketball 7/7/2021 9:01:00 AM

Gonzaga to Face Alabama in Seattle
    Zags and Crimson Tide meet for first time ever

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Gonzaga and Alabama are scheduled to play in the 2021 Battle in Seattle on Dec. 4. The first-ever meeting between the programs will be the first college basketball game played in the new Climate Pledge Arena.

Game time and television information will be announced in the near future. Tickets go on-sale to the public on July 16 at 10 a.m. at climatepledgearena.com. Presale of tickets to ZAG members will begin on July 9.

https://gozags.com/news/2021/7/7/men...4s-fWIk8boepWU

Hopefully it'll be a CBS game. Alabama is considered by most pundits to be a preseason top 5 team next season. They will be the ultimate test of Gonzaga's three point defense. They jack up threes like crazy and hit a high percentage.

The return game in 2022 will be played at the old Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center (now called Legacy Arena - it seats 17,654) which has hosted many memorable NCAA tournament games. My co-worker said it was recently refurbished a bit:

What is a "ZAG member" ?

Zag Athletic Giving (ZAG) program. Used to be the bulldog club. $250 donors.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Zag Athletic Giving (ZAG) program. Used to be the bulldog club. $250 donors.
    Thanks

So I got onto my account at exactly 1200. Surprise, surprise - all of the sideline seats were sold. All I could get were corner seats as the best seats available. So how does that work? Is it possible all of the sideline seats could have sold in what would have been nearly a millisecond? Or was it a fiction and they were never available despite the GU advertising that they were?

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneJag View Post
    So I got onto my account at exactly 1200. Surprise, surprise - all of the sideline seats were sold. All I could get were corner seats as the best seats available. So how does that work? Is it possible all of the sideline seats could have sold in what would have been nearly a millisecond? Or was it a fiction and they were never available despite the GU advertising that they were?
    I ran in to the same thing. My thought is they planned to allocate a certain amount of seats to the ZAG members. They give you seat assignment not based on when you click, but based on your priority points (donations). They probably estimate that if you have a low amount of points (like I do) there wont' be enough sideline seats. I decided to go ahead and get corner seats, but I'll be real interested to see what is available on Tuesday (I think it is) when seats are available to the public. And not happy if there area a lot of sideline seats available.

Attention! go to the brokers pages like Stub Hub or Spokane's own Tickets West. They buy blocks of tickets ans then sell the good spots...and the prices aren't all that much. Most of those type of companies grabbed the tickets. You can get some very very good seats from them.
    M

Planning to fly up for the game, should be a good weekend in Seattle!

Should be at the Duke, BIS, @LMU, @Pepperdine and @USD games this year.

Someone mentioned it before-- but the Seahawks also play the 49rs that weekend on Sunday in Seattle 5:20pm kickoff -- get a 2 for 1 for some travelers.

I have noticed preliminary ticket prices - they are outrages, even in the nose bleed section they are running about $300 each. Guess got to pay for the Kraken house!

Quote Originally Posted by BeachZag View Post
    I have noticed preliminary ticket prices - they are outrages, even in the nose bleed section they are running about $300 each. Guess got to pay for the Kraken house!
    Assuming that’s resale sites?

Just got an email from climate pledge arena that I have tickets for Trans-Siberian Orchestra on December 4. Any other Battle in Seattle purchasers get this email?
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Just got an email from climate pledge arena that I have tickets for Trans-Siberian Orchestra on December 4. Any other Battle in Seattle purchasers get this email?
    according to TSO site they're in NOT playing in Seattle on Dec 4th but are playing in Ontario,CA and Dayton,OH on Dec 4th....go figure

https://www.trans-siberian.com/tour

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I did too