Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FIBA U19 United States vs Mali, featuring Chet Holmgren & Oumar Ballo

Whammy, large fry with tartar, chocolate shake. 3X per day. That will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    If Ballo had it before, he can get it back again. Whether he will or not that is up to him. He has all the physical tools, it has been puzzling to me that he seemed to regress so much. Looks like he would get better simply by accident than what he has.
    There was little chance Oumar was going to crack the rotation this year. He'll get more playing time in Arizona, hope it works out for the young man.

Never forget that he played his best game last year against West Virginia. We only won by 5, and I've seen few games with the emotional roller coaster that this one had...we feared Jalen might be done for the year, only to see him bounce back in the second half.

Smile If memory serves,...

...Ballo and Ayayi were on the U17 five-member All Star Team. A few years earlier Shem and Pangos were on their U17 (?) five-member All Star Team. Pretty cool. Too bad Ballo didn't work out for us. Will be rooting for him at AZ.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Not sure if y'all noticed but Chet has be guarding their PF and switches well when forced to guard smaller players...I believe we might see Timme, Watson and Chet on the floor together on several occasions...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Must every 10th comment about Chet be about his weight? I'm certain we can do better basketball analysis here than casual NBA fans on Twitter. I'm sure you know that GU staff will be helping him put on weight and add strength as best as his frame will allow, and that every 7-footer develops differently.
    https://youtu.be/Wm0mGCAFZ6Q
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Chet reminds me in a few ways of Kevin Garnett

He sure is skinny.....as my grandmother would say....." a bag of bones ".......

Maybe people can just get it out and get it over with? Game threads are going to be really lame if they are constantly peppered with "he needs a sandwich" comments. We're going to be reading plenty of that online from Michigan fans, and I'd rather discuss basketball here.

Chet very much has the same body type as a KG and Kevin Durant did at the same age. If you’ve followed his development he actually has put on good weight over the last year as well. He is such a unique player and he is going to be a joy to watch as a Zag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Maybe people can just get it out and get it over with? Game threads are going to be really lame if they are constantly peppered with "he needs a sandwich" comments. We're going to be reading plenty of that online from Michigan fans, and I'd rather discuss basketball here.
    Agree, but rather hear those comments than the hand wringing over what happened to Ballo and if he tries real hard how he can still be a Shaq. Geez.

Sounds like Ballo had a great game today in a loss to Turkey. 16pt, 13reb, 4stl, 3 blk.

Live Stats now.

USA leads 14-6 with 3:51 left in the first.

Youtube video

Wow. At the half, Australia trails by only 2 points, 44-42. Chet wth 2 points and 3 rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Wow. At the half, Australia trails by only 2 points, 44-42. Chet wth 2 points and 3 rebounds.
    Holmgren turning it on now...the blocks wow

THe block where he grabbed it out of the air and went coast to coast was a thing of beauty!

Have they ran one play for him on offense?

Needs to turn around three times to make a shadow. My mom's favorite. We are going to love Holmgren. Go Zags again this year.

That Kenneth Lofton is sure a load. Good player.

USA wins it over Australia 87-55. Chet with 10 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, a steal, and 4 blocks!

Next game is tomorrow in the Round of 16 vs. Korea.

Meehan's story on the game vs. Australia

Holmgren finished with 10 points, eight rebounds, four blocks and three assists. He’s scored in double figures in all three U.S. wins. He made 4 of 5 field-goal attempts, the lone miss a 3-pointer that rattled in and out in the first quarter, and 2 of 3 free throws.

Australia edged the U.S. 78-72 in a pre-tournament scrimmage.

The U.S. (3-0) faces Korea (0-3) on Wednesday. The Americans outscored three Group D opponents by an average of 32.7 points. Korea lost its three Group C games by a combined 158 points.

There are no games Thursday. The quarterfinals begin Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    Whammy, large fry with tartar, chocolate shake. 3X per day. That will do it.
    In the story about Chet and Timme"s NIL prospects (Meehan?) Chet mentioned that he has cut out fast food and most added sugars in the past year. So prolly not happening.

Chet may get muscled early in a game but most will foul out or run out of gas trying to stop him. Ballo struggles with his size, Chet shines with his!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk