Thread: Rasir Bolton

Default Rasir Bolton

hearing he may be required to sit out this year, as his waiver has yet to be approved by the NCAA.

most are receiving immediate eligibility via the transfer portal, however, its considered Bolton's SECOND transfer within 4 yrs.

Any updates on this?

James Akinjo was granted a waiver earlier this week to play immediately for Baylor, after he had previously transferred from Georgetown to Arizona.

I don’t know how this would be any different. Seems like Bolton should be granted a waiver based on that precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    James Akinjo was granted a waiver earlier this week to play immediately for Baylor, after he had previously transferred from Georgetown to Arizona.

I don’t know how this would be any different. Seems like Bolton should be granted a waiver based on that precedent.
    Iowa State had a new coach too, who basically told Bolton he wasn’t going to play for him, which should help.

From NCAA Division I One-Time Transfer FAQs

Q13: What if the student-athlete transferred previously from another four-year school as an
    undergraduate student?

A13: Generally, a student-athlete who has previously transferred from another four-year school would
    not be able to use the one-time exception as a postgraduate transfer. However, a waiver process
    exists for postgraduate students with a previous transfer history.

There is some confusion about Rasir moving on from PSU to Iowa State. He appears to have received an 'exception to the waiver process' due to the circumstances and this move would not count as a 'transfer waiver'. That means the move to Gonzaga would be a standard graduate transfer waiver (as this would be his first official transfer) that are almost a guarantee to be granted.

I could be wrong and they may be looking to a secondary process for a waiver for students with a previous transfer history.
    Ihre Papiere bitte

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilzag View Post
    From NCAA Division I One-Time Transfer FAQs

Q13: What if the student-athlete transferred previously from another four-year school as an
    undergraduate student?

A13: Generally, a student-athlete who has previously transferred from another four-year school would
    not be able to use the one-time exception as a postgraduate transfer. However, a waiver process
    exists for postgraduate students with a previous transfer history.

There is some confusion about Rasir moving on from PSU to Iowa State. He appears to have received an 'exception to the waiver process' due to the circumstances and this move would not count as a 'transfer waiver'. That means the move to Gonzaga would be a standard graduate transfer waiver (as this would be his first official transfer) that are almost a guarantee to be granted.

I could be wrong and they may be looking to a secondary process for a waiver for students with a previous transfer history.

I’m not sure Bolton is a grad transfer, I think he has only been in college 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    I’m not sure Bolton is a grad transfer, I think he has only been in college 3 years.
    He's been reported as a grad transfer:

https://www.krem.com/article/sports/...c-eb803a81e3b6

"Gonzaga lands grad transfer guard Rasir Bolton"
    Ihre Papiere bitte

If true, I wonder why the new ISU coach would say Bolton was not going to play for the new coach at ISU. Bolton , from what I’ve seen is an UBER talented player.

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilzag View Post
    He's been reported as a grad transfer:

[URL="https://www.krem.com/article/sports/gonzaga/zags-land-grad-transfer-guard-rasir-bolton/293-e22aafb1-90f3-4a06-8f0c-eb803a81e3b6"]https://www.krem.com/article/sports/gonzaga/zags-land-grad-transfer-guard-rasir-bolton/293-e22aafb1-90f3-4a06-8f0c-eb803a81e3b6[/URL

"Gonzaga lands grad transfer guard Rasir Bolton"
    That’s good, if he graduated in 3 years he must be a smart kid and he should be able to get a masters at GU pretty easy with 2 years left to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    hearing he may be required to sit out this year, as his waiver has yet to be approved by the NCAA.

most are receiving immediate eligibility via the transfer portal, however, its considered Bolton's SECOND transfer within 4 yrs.

Any updates on this?
    He will get the waiver, not even worried about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk