Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Damn! It's hot!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    67 here. Breezy, sunny, dry. Sigh.
    Oh, stop your whining & turn on the heat. . .

This weekend at Ocean Shores will be worse....I was there once for the fireworks and never again....crazy town..... the idea that the area could be evacuated during " The Big One "....is foolish.....it is not possible with that limited road and beach access ....

It has topped 100 here in the 89436 for several days. . .Not unusual for this section of Northern Nevada. Am fortunate to have energy efficient windows and a nearly new central AC unit. One of my close friends is in Spokane Valley and it is 110 there as I type this. She has fans, no AC. Not even a swamp cooler.

Walked out the door this morning to 89 degrees... did I mention that the AC in my car is on the fritz??? Yeah...

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Off to fourth day of coaching summer camp here in the foothills. 95+ by noon so lots of adjustments. we moved it up from 9am start to 8am so we're done by 11, changed all conditioning to early morning, lengthened the tactical 'chalk talk' and inserted it at the end of the 3 hours to discuss the next day's sessions, and more. then a jump into the pool after.

Damn it's hot!

Heavy duty thunderstorms rolled through last night... shaved about 10 degrees off... still hot and muggy today but better. More storms rolling in this afternoon. After that, we should be solid for the weekend with numbers in high 70s to low 80s. Just hoping that by my trip to the PNW in a couple weeks that the weather calm down some out there.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I'm not sure if the thermometer I was reading was completely accurate, but safe to say it was ridiculously hot for a couple days. One topped out over 112, the next day I saw 114.6. I never, ever, ever thought I would experience heat like that around here. That was so crazy. I tried to walk down the driveway to get the mail. Took one step out the door, turned around and went back inside. Around 9 or 10 pm I tried it again. It was still 100, and that actually felt reasonable. It's all relative.

It was 66 outside this morning. Had windows open for several hours, got the temp in the house below 70 w/out using any electricity.

We have central in the house, so it has stayed cool, and a 'window' unit at the shop. It has kept the temps in the upper 60's. My car has a/c too, but on the day it hit 111, it started to overheat on the way home so I had to shut it off and open some windows for a few miles. Darn aluminum blocks.
    Saturday our family had a memorial service for my Uncle Glenn. There were about 100 folks showed up, and it was very nicely done. It was held up north of Northpost and was 104, or so. My first extended time in the heat.
    Sunday morning, when I woke up, I felt an itching/rash behind my knee. I didn't think too much of it, but put benadryl cream and cortisone cream to help control the itch. By Sunday night It was on my back, chest and my upper thighs into THAT area.
    This morning it was up my neck to my cheeks, and I was at the ER.
    Hives...probably heat induced.
    I have an outdoor Arts and Crafts festival this upcoming Fri-Sunday. I will still be tapering off the prednisone, so hopefully it will keep getting better, and not ever, never, ever come back.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?