Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Damn! It's hot!

Default Damn! It's hot!

Geez. It's 97 degrees in my living room on Spokane's south side right now, and still climbing. We've got what? a couple more weeks of this?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Geez. It's 97 degrees in my living room right now, and still climbing. We've got what? a couple more weeks of this?
    115 tomorrow in Portland, I hear.

Balmy 79 in Orange County, CA today. Might need to crack a window if it gets any hotter!!

It ain't right, I tell ya!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    Balmy 79 in Orange County, CA today. Might need to crack a window if it gets any hotter!!

So is the “heat” you’re feeling is humid or dry?

I remember dealing with 130+ dry heat in Kuwait, when sunrise was 95+ and when my wife arrived it was 109 at 11pm…

I can’t stand the humidity here in South Carolina or when I lived in San Antonio…dry heat is IMO so much more tolerable, just have to drink lots of water…

SORRY y’all have to go through this weather…just be thankful there isn’t any global warming ��

I think it's pretty dry. Still uncomfortable, though ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post

If you have lived the majority of your life in the Tri Cities, you likely despise hot weather as much as I do. Typically the hottest spot in the state and I worked construction in it as a young man. When it is 118 outside, it really doesn't matter if it is "dry".

Spokane is always ten degrees cooler. I would rather live in Spokane.
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    67 here. Breezy, sunny, dry. Sigh.

A week and a half ago it high 115 in the front room of my house. Single-pane windows, facing due west, no AC or insulation in the entire house.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Is that discount store in the Valley that sells all of the Costco returns still around? We bought a free standing unit that vents out a window from that store one time when we visited my mom in Spokane a few years back when you had another hot spell. It saved our bacon.

I asked my wife what she was willing to spend and she hemmed and hawed a bit, and told me to call when I got there and scoped it out. I was halfway there and she already called, saying, "I don't care what it costs, just get it!!"

In the hour or so since I posted the first post in this thread, the temp has gone up to 99 degrees.

Yeah JP, I think I see an air conditioner purchase in our near future ...

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    A week and a half ago it high 115 in the front room of my house. Single-pane windows, facing due west, no AC or insulation in the entire house.
    Oh my, that would kill my wife. Did you get a hotel room? We have three heat pumps, and all of them are inoperable at the moment (unlucky, right?). At 91 degrees last evening, it was about as unbearable as can be. 4 portable ac units did next to nothing.

Zagnative, that kind of heat is dangerous! Do you have a fan, at least, or somewhere you can go for relief. Prolonged exposure to heat without a chance for the body to recover is extremely dangerous!

Section 116, I do have a good fan, and it helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post

I remember dealing with 130+ dry heat in Kuwait, when sunrise was 95+ and when my wife arrived it was 109 at 11pm…

I can’t stand the humidity here in South Carolina or when I lived in San Antonio…dry heat is IMO so much more tolerable, just have to drink lots of water…

SORRY y’all have to go through this weather…just be thankful there isn’t any global warming í#˝í¸€
    The whole ‘dry heat’ thing loses its meaning at over 100. That wind coming off of a thousand miles of tortured, scorched Arabian Desert was just plain angry.

Keep wet, keep in the shade, drink water and lemonade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I'm house sitting for my parents, about an hour east of Portland on the Washington side. Thermometer inside is telling me 108 outside. I think that's the hottest temp. I've ever experienced. Fortunately house does have a cooling system, it's at 75 currently. This is what is referred to as stupid hot.

- i live in spokane and like all sane persons i do not like 100 degree heat, but i say heat schmeat.
    - give me the heat and i'll skip the blizzards of the n.e., the tornado's of the plains, 120 heat of the s.w., the fires and brownouts of california, the hurricanes of the gulf and east coasts any time!

Spokane Sunday 102, Monday 108. Tuesday 111, Wednesday 109 National weather Service ... 99 next Sunday.
    Warm. I will buy ZN an AC window unit if she can find one. Promise! My son and I will go wherever to pick one up and install it. It really IS record breaking and a bit dangerous.

MDAbe. you are incredible! I'm going to charge my son with the duty of going out tomorrow to find an AC unit to buy and install. Thank you anyway for your generous offer!

Temp's dropped 11 degrees in my house (now 88 degrees) with the setting of the sun ...

Happy to buy it. Pm if that’s what you want. No worries. Anybody needs one? Pm me. Thanks ZN. Just sitting here thinking. It’s the highest temp ever here. Nobody should suffer through this.

Yesterday, the north Spokane Costco was offering coupons, seven of them, for air conditioners to the people standing in line at 9:00 am. Over 60s early shopper crowd.

They were scooped up immediately by the roughly 25 shoppers waiting to get in, and sold out immediately at $600.00.

That's all Costco gets each day. Installs for new AC units are three weeks out, and maintenance appointments aren't available at all.

My a/c and furnace went out 3+ weeks ago. I knew we would need one, so the new system was installed 2 weeks ago.

I am SOOO glad.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Is that discount store in the Valley that sells all of the Costco returns still around? We bought a free standing unit that vents out a window from that store one time when we visited my mom in Spokane a few years back when you had another hot spell. It saved our bacon.

I asked my wife what she was willing to spend and she hemmed and hawed a bit, and told me to call when I got there and scoped it out. I was halfway there and she already called, saying, "I don't care what it costs, just get it!!"
    Spokane Discount is still open. 523 S. Dishman Mica.

I grew up in Tempe, AZ, so hot weather is no stranger to me, but this "heat dome" in Oregon and Washington right now is unreal. Please stay safe and drink plenty of water.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I grew up in Tempe, AZ, so hot weather is no stranger to me, but this "heat dome" in Oregon and Washington right now is unreal. Please stay safe and drink plenty of water.
    +1

We're preparing for the inevitable July/August summer heat in Texas. I was shocked to see the temperatures looming in Spokane next week. We're expecting thunderstorms every day for the next 8-9 days. Usually, they're accompanied by hail, up to baseball size.

Stay safe, y'all.