Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammo with NWG

Default Ammo with NWG

But we don't play nobody.

50 - THANK YOU!!! This was a great find and so very enlightening about the process he went through to get to where he is today...Just wonderful insight...again THANKS!!!

PS: Didn't Pangos also play for Real Madrid?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    50 - THANK YOU!!! This was a great find and so very enlightening about the process he went through to get to where he is today...Just wonderful insight...again THANKS!!!

PS: Didn't Pangos also play for Real Madrid?
    KP played for Barcelona. Real Madrid and Barcelona are on a tier by themselves at the top of Spanish basketball (and the top of European basketball with a few other teams in Russia and Turkey)

NWG has always been one of my favorites, love getting him on with Ammo. Also, I somehow missed that last week he had Tom Hudson on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGurEqA9Uxo

edit: for those concerned about language, the Tom Hudson interview is definitely not for you
    Last edited by webspinnre; 06-24-2021 at 11:44 AM.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Wow. Adam's interviews are so good. I love the lifting of the veil aspect of them. He draws out information from everyone that I have always wondered about. Great job Adam. NWG is a great person by the way.

Really liked hearing all the discussions about the transfer from UW to here. Adam and past guests have really been praising the way guys have "stuck to it" here and criticized the transfer portal (yes, I understand he is mostly criticizing the current climate in the transfer game), but I don't think there has been too much discussion about all the great transfers we have gotten and how hard they have worked. It was cool to hear them get into that a lot more with perhaps the best transfer we've had.

Very gifted interviewer.

He's on point with precisely what every Zag fan has thought and/or thinking...

He literally asks every question I've ever contemplated with Kispert, Few, Ayayi, NWG, Stockton, et al. His content and questions are superb. Only Dana O'Neil holds a candle to his choice questions. Not even Blanchette digs this deep, or unveils the right topics of interest.

Too bad, so sad for those that can't get past his use of F word.

They are missing out as fans.

His podcasts have made me a more informed, well rounded, educated Zag fan. Props to him and this podcast.

Ammo's more gifted in this podcast/broadcast roll than I would have ever expected. Major league voice and his questions are things you'd like to know but never ask. Use of the F bomb is a pungent exercise like a bad fart..........but it usually subsides. He does need to drop that......low class word. Informed, bright, skilled at getting after things. If he wants, he could do much more with his talent. LA super jock voice.

Yeah, I was initially really put off by his frequent f-bombs, but I think he's gotten better and dropping the f-word less frequently, and now I wouldn't miss one of his podcasts. He is really talented as an interviewer.

Much like at the advent of cable TV, especially HBO, podcasts have revived license for the widespread use of such words. Even celebs and jocks with prior immaculate images seem to feel the need to drop the F bomb on podcasts as if reaching for street cred, or some other mark that means nothing but that they are ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Much like at the advent of cable TV, especially HBO, podcasts have revived license for the widespread use of such words. Even celebs and jocks with prior immaculate images seem to feel the need to drop the F bomb on podcasts as if reaching for street cred, or some other mark that means nothing but that they are ignorant.
    Spot on Jazz!

I will say Adam reeled it in a bit with Nigel who does not use foul language and he shows class in every way. Really insightful topics touched upon and terrific interview by Adam. Adam could learn something from Nigel.
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Wow Jazz, the most controversial member that has brought on more evacuees from the board than anybody has a problem with adult language

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Another amazing job. Sure Benz didn’t like NWG Audi shoutout!

Hope he can get someone like DRav on one of these days!

The one thing I can confidently say is that this isn't Adam reaching for street cred, this is him being him. As Grizz said, he's dialed it in around those who prefer not to speak in that fashion.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Wow Jazz, the most controversial member that has brought on more evacuees from the board than anybody has a problem with adult language

Sorry but I claim that title. Ask around! lol

He seems like a guy who is humble enough to know that he has room to improve and listen to the critiques of others, but also confident enough to run with anybody. It seems he helped give that confidence to others by example but also in the audacity of setting such a high goal to win a championship. He came a sprained ankle and a few bad calls from bringing it all to fruition. I had wondered how he was able to take the reigns as a newcomer and lead a team that already had an experienced point guard, and this podcast was enlightening in that way.

Please spare us the pontification.

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Razorzag99 View Post

Why shouldn't jazz "pontificate"? Maybe the message will get through that f bombs have no place in public conversation. I agree with him wholeheartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post

Easy on the unproven superlatives, Light.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Sorry but I claim that title. Ask around! lol
    Get back in line, Doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorzag99 View Post

We only need one pontiff, tyvm.

We only need one pontiff, tyvm.
    Well played.

Just a friendly reminder to all that personal attacks are not welcome on guboards and can result in "Warnings" or being banned. Thanks.

“To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Why shouldn't jazz "pontificate"? Maybe the message will get through that f bombs have no place in public conversation. I agree with him wholeheartedly.
    Watch out folks, the language police have arrived! Seriously though, plenty of people had their say about Ammo's choice of words on his podcast weeks ago. Why continue to beat it like a dead horse and imply Ammo is ignorant?! It comes across as juvenile. Just move on. Surely y'all can find something better to do with your time!!!

Last edited by Razorzag99; 06-25-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    My public F bombs were not in conversations and they were silent but deadly.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?