Thread: Cancelling John Stockon?

Default Cancelling John Stockon?

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/john-...122924857.html22924857.html

"Wild' would be the last word I would use to describe anything that Stockton does. I hope the mob doesn't focus on taking down one of such impeccable character.
    We are on this earth to live, not to avoid death.

History will be kinder to John Stockton than the persons trashing on him.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    History will be kinder to John Stockton than the persons trashing on him.
    I'll bet he knows how Galileo felt. Check your PM, I'll be sending it to you in a few.

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilzag View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/john-...122924857.html22924857.html

"Wild' would be the last word I would use to describe anything that Stockton does. I hope the mob doesn't focus on taking down one of such impeccable character.
    Concur.

People should be able to hold opinions.

People like John should always be able to hold their own opinions. And other people should be able to hold the opinion that his opinion on this matter is idiotic and uneducated.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I'll bet he knows how Galileo felt. Check your PM, I'll be sending it to you in a few.
    What a comparison. A man who was accused of heresy and imprisoned by the church until his death for discovering reality, vs a retired athlete anti-vaxxer getting made fun of by people on twitter.
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyzag View Post
    What a comparison. A man who was accused of heresy and imprisoned by the church until his death for discovering reality, vs a retired athlete anti-vaxxer getting made fun of by people on twitter.
    It's a good comparison. Heresy is belief or opinion contrary to an orthodox doctrine.

If you don't think social media can ruin reputations and legacies, you haven't been paying attention.

Stockton is no Galileo......quite the opposite.....

It's a good comparison. Heresy is belief or opinion contrary to an orthodox doctrine.

If you don't think social media can ruin reputations and legacies, you haven't been paying attention.

No, it's not a good comparison. No one is going to take away Stockton's freedom for the rest of his life for being an anti-vaxxer. And orthodox doctrine is not in the same ballpark as scientific fact.

You know what ruins reputations and legacies, people's own foolish words and actions.

I'm not going to jump on the bash Stockton train, but it doesn't make his own words and actions any less stupid.
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

How disappointing ...

No, it's not a good comparison. No one is going to take away Stockton's freedom for the rest of his life for being an anti-vaxxer. And orthodox doctrine is not in the same ballpark as scientific fact.

You know what ruins reputations and legacies, people's own foolish words and actions.

I'm not going to jump on the bash Stockton train, but it doesn't make his own words and actions any less stupid.
    Wow. How's your seat on the train. Or does calling Stockton stupid and foolish for voicing his opinion not count?

Being ostracized by society is on par with being locked up. I'm sure some who have lost their status and careers would take prison time over losing everything they worked over their lives to create.

Unfortunately, what you call "scientific fact" is an orthodoxy based on consensus. The term 'scientific fact' used to be a seldom used term reserved only for theory that had been proved over decades. The real scientific method welcomes challenges because is strengthens a good theory or invalidates a bad one.

The "scientific facts" change (as they always do) as more observation is made. Only with discussion, testing, and time can we get closer to the truth. Ridicule of dissenting opinions is for political science not natural science.

You're already on the bash train with your language (idiotic, uneducated, stupid, anti-vaxxer). By the way, I don't believe JS has ever come out against vaccines; he made a nuanced point about how some officials handled the pandemic response.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    How disappointing ...
    ...for some. For others, he was inspirational. In the meantime, I'll wait for the FDA to approve these vaccines.

I remember a few of the harsh comments I received for posting a few pictures from the Virginia game, their first game in front of fans, albeit limited. In some parts, it was treated like a "super spreader event."

Looks like this isn’t really going anywhere and really has nothing to do with GU basketball or GU. Closing this up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Being ostracized by society is on par with being locked up. I'm sure some who have lost their status and careers would take prison time over losing everything they worked over their lives to create.

Unfortunately, what you call "scientific fact" is an orthodoxy based on consensus. The term 'scientific fact' used to be a seldom used term reserved only for theory that had been proved over decades. The real scientific method welcomes challenges because is strengthens a good theory or invalidates a bad one.

The "scientific facts" change (as they always do) as more observation is made. Only with discussion, testing, and time can we get closer to the truth. Ridicule of dissenting opinions is for political science not natural science.

You're already on the bash train with your language (idiotic, uneducated, stupid, anti-vaxxer). By the way, I don't believe JS has ever come out against vaccines; he made a nuanced point about how some officials handled the pandemic response.
    Fundamental difference... Galileo actually studied and based his theories on facts... Stockton is a former basketball players.

BTW based on the number of anti-vaxxers defending him... he isn't being ostracized.

People can have their opinions. Some call him brave and "right" and others see him as being wrong and are disappointed. But please let me know when Stockton was convicted of heresy and imprisoned for the rest of his life.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death