Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saint Mary's signs top Euro Guard Augustas Marciulionis

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    LOL. Pot/kettle. I'm not the one who started an argument. I just presented some data that showed pretty definitively that last year was a blip and not yet a trend. If you're interested in a rational data based opinion, see bmiller's other post as well. Or keep tilting at windmills. Out.
    My goodness, just stop.

SMC sucks

Quote Originally Posted by northsidezagfan View Post
    SMC sucks
    "[Insert WCC team here] Sucks" is a sentiment I won't argue with. Because sports. Go Zags!

Sounds like he’s a superior player and the clips show that as well. It’ll be fun to watch him. One thing though, knowing that this kid is off scale in talent and performance, our guards need to watch and defend like crazy. Can he be locked down? I dunno but I hope so. With our newcomers, it’ll be fun to see how we defend!

Well if this kid is as good as advertised, w/ this new era of almost anything goes player movement and open transferring, how long til he gets poached by a bigger school?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Hey guys, I just decided to leave GU Boards. I love you all but the censorship on John Stockton was over the top. I wish you all the best. GO ZAGS!!!! 2021

Later all,
    ZZ
    You put it anywhere but a basketball board. You know the trouble the content would cause. You’ve contributed much in the past. Welcome back when you want. But it wasn’t about john. It’s wasn’t about basketball. It was about the topic which would lead to days of political fighting. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    This signing is huge for them. Who remembers his dad?
    Watched his father do amazing things for the GS Warriors during the Hardaway - Mullins - Richmond era. Scrappy baller who was fun to watch.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Sounds like he’s a superior player and the clips show that as well. It’ll be fun to watch him. One thing though, knowing that this kid is off scale in talent and performance, our guards need to watch and defend like crazy. Can he be locked down? I dunno but I hope so. With our newcomers, it’ll be fun to see how we defend!
    Dare him to shoot. That's the glaring weakness in his game, though he seems to be steadily improving on it.

3PT% by year:

2018-19 - 26.0% (2nd Lithuanian league)
    2019-20 - 31.8% (2nd Lithuanian league)
    2020-21 - 33.9% (1st Lithuanian league)

Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post
    Dare him to shoot. That's the glaring weakness in his game, though he seems to be steadily improving on it.

3PT% by year:

2018-19 - 26.0% (2nd Lithuanian league)
    2019-20 - 31.8% (2nd Lithuanian league)
    2020-21 - 33.9% (1st Lithuanian league)
    Yup, as of now he looks more like a pass only point guard vs a pass first one.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Well if this kid is as good as advertised, w/ this new era of almost anything goes player movement and open transferring, how long til he gets poached by a bigger school?
    I suspect that he will play out his college career at St. Mary’s. He obviously believes that the Gaels offer something special in terms of player development. If he wanted to play for a more prominent program, I am sure that he could have landed plenty of offers from bigger schools. He may only play a year or two before moving to the professional ranks, but he’ll probably stay in Moraga for the duration of his college years.

This is great news for the WCC.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Yup, as of now he looks more like a pass only point guard vs a pass first one.
    It would be a lot easier to guard SMC's pick and roll if the PG can't shoot.