Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 132

Thread: 2022 Guard Anthony Black

  1. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    School is not about academics? How short sighted.
    Please, academics are nothing in comparison to common sense. Which you have none. Just keep your opinions to yourself. I'm tired of people like you opening your fat mouth when it's never needed

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    This thread took a turn in the wrong direction...never happens.
    America's Team!

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    School is not about academics? How short sighted.
    The reality is for Anthony Black, school is not about academics. School is one option to give him the chance to showcase his best strength, which is playing basketball. Barring a super rare, catastrophic injury, he’s going to make a lot of money playing basketball. And if he wants to go back to school at any point in his life, that option will be there for him, too.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    10,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LocalNative View Post
    Please, academics are nothing in comparison to common sense. Which you have none. Just keep your opinions to yourself. I'm tired of people like you opening your fat mouth when it's never needed
    At least you're getting your post count up.

    BTW, does KMA mean anything to you, you foul mouth cretin.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,070

    Default

    Nothing like watching someone stuck in a pit wielding a shovel. Ah, the pre-season.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Unless someone has met with AB and chatted with him about his goals (education, image and likeness, visibility playing basketball etc) then there are some unanswered parts to him. I like to think Gonzaga has something to offer everyone. If it is for 1 year or 4 years it will bring lasting memories. So regardless of whether he tried to join the successful high school program and whether he plays or not during his senior year I am sure he is trying his best to navigate his life. Great lessons learned along the way. I think both posters are right. AB picked the better basketball school that is not as good in academics. We need to also provide a welcoming atmosphere for AB because if he selects GU we want to make sure he has the best experience possible. I also think Spokane is not a bad place to live and spend some time. Heck it’s a place well travelled for tv show episodes. It’s famous!

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,070

    Default

    A breakdown on AB's visit and how it was planned out, for 247 subscribers (I am not one):

    https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...led-173072938/

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    9,020

    Default

    Duncanville five-star guard Anthony Black is ruled ineligible by UIL state executive committee

    https://www.dallasnews.com/high-scho...outputType=amp

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Duncanville five-star guard Anthony Black is ruled ineligible by UIL state executive committee

    https://www.dallasnews.com/high-scho...outputType=amp
    People really need to read that whole article to understand why Black (and his mother) actively sought the transfer...

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    People really need to read that whole article to understand why Black (and his mother) actively sought the transfer...
    Careful. Just because it's in the newspaper doesn't make it true.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Careful. Just because it's in the newspaper doesn't make it true.
    Better rely on ... Instagram? Twitter? Facebook? Snapchat? Reddit? Tik Tok? Ugh.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Careful. Just because it's in the newspaper doesn't make it true.
    There are quotations by his mother and others about the situation. Maybe those are false, but the story that quotes what those people said is not.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Probably shouldn’t discuss the circumstances around his transfer in HS. Doesn’t pertain to the situation here much at all. Hope he comes to Gonzaga. Arkansas feeling pretty good about him at the moment.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Careful. Just because it's in the newspaper doesn't make it true.
    Does that count for the Bible as well? The Curriculum at GU? At some point, some place, people are speaking truth. Unless you know the newspaper is wrong, it is wrong of you to disparage it.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    441

    Default

    It absolutely baffles me how people can talk S*it about a 17 y/o who is a five star recruit. Some people just like watching #### burn.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    It absolutely baffles me how people can talk S*it about a 17 y/o who is a five star recruit. Some people just like watching #### burn.
    No ####. Just let it be. Some ppl just love the Gossip, we all have crap in our lives that can be messy no matter how put together we portray to be.
    America's Team!

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Does that count for the Bible as well? The Curriculum at GU? At some point, some place, people are speaking truth. Unless you know the newspaper is wrong, it is wrong of you to disparage it.
    Didn't disparage it. Just cautioned to be careful. Reading critically is a lost art.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Arcadia, Calif.
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Jerry Meyer just put in a crystal ball today for OK State. His confidence level is a 7.
    Love the Zags!!!

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    Jerry Meyer just put in a crystal ball today for OK State. His confidence level is a 7.
    He's usually pretty accurate. If so, unfortunate. Regardless, none of the 2022 prospects are critical gets. 2023, yes.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,093

    Default

    https://www.bestofarkansassports.com...iting-profile/

    Same rap about his visit to Muss as to Kennel. It’s a road show.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    He's usually pretty accurate. If so, unfortunate. Regardless, none of the 2022 prospects are critical gets. 2023, yes.
    Looks like ‘22 recruiting is one and done anyway.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    10,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    https://www.bestofarkansassports.com...iting-profile/

    Same rap about his visit to Muss as to Kennel. It’s a road show.
    I got the same vibe from reading about his visits to other schools. He could be headed to a career as a diplomat after his playing days are over.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I got the same vibe from reading about his visits to other schools. He could be headed to a career as a diplomat after his playing days are over.
    Nothing wrong with liking the school you visit when they do everything they can to impress you. Get reporters asking you questions and end up saying a lot of the same things. Not a big deal here.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Nothing wrong with liking the school you visit when they do everything they can to impress you. Get reporters asking you questions and end up saying a lot of the same things. Not a big deal here.
    Maybe. Point is, GU is not his destination.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Maybe. Point is, GU is not his destination.
    Pretty sure you’ve said things like this before and been wrong before. I’ll wait for Black to say where his destination is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •