Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Guard Anthony Black

I hope we get Black as well but I think he will be staying south.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    As for Tommy, totally fair game to beat Gonzaga in a recruiting battle. Good for him if true.
    Once he beats the Zags in a recruiting battle, he will need to beat them on the court for it to have any meaning.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Once he beats the Zags in a recruiting battle, he will need to beat them on the court for it to have any meaning.
    Not true. It's not a one to one proposition. Any player the Zags miss out on reduces their chances to win on the court against anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Not true. It's not a one to one proposition. Any player the Zags miss out on reduces their chances to win on the court against anyone.
    Your opinion. If Tommy wins all the recruiting battles and can't win on the court, it becomes a coaching thing.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Your opinion. If Tommy wins all the recruiting battles and can't win on the court, it becomes a coaching thing.
    You aren't thinking it through. If the Zags don't get the players they need because Arizona gets them, it won't matter if they never even play Tommy's team. A loss to BYU or Podunk U because Arizona poached the wing the Zags need will most certainly have meaning.

How about we don't worry about AZ and Tommy L. Let's go get some boys that can play. Zags have built a play ground top kids want to be at.
    America's Team!

I missed this from Anthony, posted at 247 on Sept 10:

https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...ing-170600325/

Gonzaga: "Stephen Gentry and Brian Michaelson have been recruiting me the most from there. Their style of play tees down to what I like to do in terms of playing off-ball screens and playing in transition. They show me clips of how I fit what they can do all the time. They feel me and Nolan Hickman can be on the floor together and make each other better. They have been really clear about their style of play and they really feel their system can help me."

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post

Gonzaga: "Stephen Gentry and Brian Michaelson have been recruiting me the most from there. Their style of play tees down to what I like to do in terms of playing off-ball screens and playing in transition. They show me clips of how I fit what they can do all the time. They feel me and Nolan Hickman can be on the floor together and make each other better. They have been really clear about their style of play and they really feel their system can help me."
    Interesting quote about Hickman. Thought he might think of himself as 1 and done. Proves good communication between recruits and staff.

Just get this kid on campus for the visit!

Nice to get him on campus during the best weekend of the year to visit. We will throw everything we can at him. Seems like it’s us and Oklahoma State, although he had a good visit with Arkansas as well. From that quote it sure seems like the staff is thinking two years with Hickman.

Muss bus is a hell of a guy

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Muss bus is a hell of a guy

https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/bre...nick-smith-jr-
    But we don't play nobody.

Nice to get him on campus during the best weekend of the year to visit. We will throw everything we can at him. Seems like it’s us and Oklahoma State, although he had a good visit with Arkansas as well. From that quote it sure seems like the staff is thinking two years with Hickman.
    Does that mean one year for Sallis? Seems that way. Others here were thinking the reverse.

To my untrained eye, Hickman seems the most ready for immediate contributions now, but Sallis might have more nba potential with his hops and overall athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Does that mean one year for Sallis? Seems that way. Others here were thinking the reverse.

To my untrained eye, Hickman seems the most ready for immediate contributions now, but Sallis might have more nba potential with his hops and overall athleticism.
    I am in the camp that Hickman is more likely to be one and done than Sallis. Based on this quote from Black, I think the expectation between players and coaches is that both Hickman and Sallis will return next year. Of course, that can change in a hurry. I don’t think Sallis was brought up because he’ll be on the wing more and the backcourt would be Hickman/Black/Harris.

the backcourt would be Hickman/Black/Harris.
    Jeez, can you imagine 3rd year Harris, 2nd year Hickman and 1st year Black. Just oozing with potential. What a trio that could be.

Jeez, can you imagine 3rd year Harris, 2nd year Hickman and 1st year Black. Just oozing with potential. What a trio that could be.
    Another tricky trio.

Thanks Scroons! Black's quite the athlete. I think we have 3 new guards. I don't know if all or which might be NBA bound. I'd like to think all stay.

If I was a recruit I would take all my visits as I think it would be a great experience. Anything can happen but Black will be a hard pull from OSU.
    America's Team!

Is he here this weekend?
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Is he here this weekend?
    Yeah supposed to be there for Kraziness

Major Oklahoma State lean. Don’t get too excited.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Major Oklahoma State lean. Don’t get too excited.
    It will take a miracle. Got a punchers chance.
    America's Team!