Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Guard Anthony Black

I hope we get Black. Liked watching his videos. Bradley and Black would make me one pumped Zag!

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan1 View Post
    I hope we get Black. Liked watching his videos. Bradley and Black would make me one pumped Zag!
    I think I have a greater chance of landing on the moon than we do in getting both Bradley AND Black. I have my fingers crossed that we get one of them. By your post it sounds as if you think we are the favorites to land Bradley. My sources are not as positive but we are still in the running but by no means the favorite.
    Love the Zags!!!

I think Gonzaga can beat out Arizona for Bradley. Once Few makes his final push I think that will be the difference. Gonzaga is simply the better program out west regardless of whether Tommy is at Arizona. Bradley will have better exposure with Gonzaga simply by the tv contract deal Gonzaga has with ESPN. We can continue to thank Larry Scott the former PAC 12 commissioner for that. The only school I am ever worried about in regards to recruiting is Oregon.

I think Gonzaga can beat out Arizona for Bradley.
    Not happening
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    Not happening
    Well thats pretty damn unfortunate that our ex coach in waiting is beating us out for top recruits at a school that is close to probation and hasnt sniffed a final four in what, 20 years? yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    Not happening
    Jalen hasn’t made a verbal to Arizona. So until that happens we are still in play or we here that Gu backed off.

Jalen hasn’t made a verbal to Arizona. So until that happens we are still in play or we here that Gu backed off.
    Was Lloyd recruiting him initially? If not I'm kinda surprised that he'd be butting in on a recruit the Zags are targeting right off the bat. Seems like there'd be some sort of no-poaching agreement regarding recruits?

I think Gonzaga can beat out Arizona for Bradley. Once Few makes his final push I think that will be the difference. Gonzaga is simply the better program out west regardless of whether Tommy is at Arizona. Bradley will have better exposure with Gonzaga simply by the tv contract deal Gonzaga has with ESPN. We can continue to thank Larry Scott the former PAC 12 commissioner for that. The only school I am ever worried about in regards to recruiting is Oregon.
    I have heard from another source that Bradley has already informed Gonzaga that he will NOT be a Zag. I don't think we are getting him. it is down to Black.
    Love the Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    I have heard from another source that Bradley has already informed Gonzaga that he will NOT be a Zag. I don't think we are getting him. it is down to Black.
    Or transfers that are experiencing buyers remorse, realizing that it would be more fun to come off the bench in the National Championship Game than to watch March Madness from your couch, at home.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Was Lloyd recruiting him initially? If not I'm kinda surprised that he'd be butting in on a recruit the Zags are targeting right off the bat. Seems like there'd be some sort of no-poaching agreement regarding recruits?
    Why? Lloyd was hired to create the best basketball team possible. He has zero obligation to back off on any recruit regardless if Gonzaga is interested. I'd be disappointed in anything less from Tommy. Gonzaga has no right to expect Arizona to acquiesce to their wishes. It's fair competition in all respects. Neither school will back off.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Why? Lloyd was hired to create the best basketball team possible. He has zero obligation to back off on any recruit regardless if Gonzaga is interested. I'd be disappointed in anything less from Tommy. Gonzaga has no right to expect Arizona to acquiesce to their wishes. It's fair competition in all respects. Neither school will back off.
    Alrighty then - Zags ought to counter that Lloyd has zero head coaching experience and spent the last 20 years standing behind Few, proving he was too timid for the spotlight (otherwise he would have left already) and won't cut it as a head coach.

Alrighty then - Zags ought to counter that Lloyd has zero head coaching experience and spent the last 20 years standing behind Few, proving he was too timid for the spotlight (otherwise he would have left already) and won't cut it as a head coach.
    Nope. Zags should extol the virtues of their program and eschew the negativity you espouse.

Nope. Zags should extol the virtues of their program and eschew the negativity you espouse.
    I have my reasons for not being on “team Tommy,” as many of you seem to be. I’ll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    I have my reasons for not being on “team Tommy,” as many of you seem to be. I’ll leave it at that.
    That's unfair. If you are going to make a reference to questionable behavior, you should back it up with facts. Otherwise it's just baseless innuendo.

That's unfair. If you are going to make a reference to questionable behavior, you should back it up with facts. Otherwise it's just baseless innuendo.
    All since leaving. Breaking trust.

Certainly do have to wonder how much of that is affecting recruiting

Certainly do have to wonder how much of that is affecting recruiting
    What's there to wonder about... Lloyd is all in on AZ regardless of any effect to GU... of course it will affect recruiting... it already is... Rots of Ruck to TL and AZ...

Just my opinion...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    Definitely hope we get Black. Very confident the future of Gonzaga hoops does not depend on one kid’s decision. Remember, we will be the top transfer destination following this season if we lose the guys some people fear we’ll lose. But getting Black would be great and I hope it happens.

As for Tommy, totally fair game to beat Gonzaga in a recruiting battle. Good for him if true.

Not good enough. If you are going to impunign a man's character, you need to back it up with verifiable substance. Otherwise, you are just dealing in malicious rumor.

Not good enough. If you are going to impunign a man's character, you need to back it up with verifiable substance. Otherwise, you are just dealing in malicious rumor.
    Careful, now. I don’t plan to say anymore on this topic. If that means you or others want to stick to a different narrative, that’s great. Just as I don’t need to believe that all is hunky-dory, and that he is doing precisely as he should do.

Careful, now. I don’t plan to say anymore on this topic. If that means you or others want to stick to a different narrative, that’s great. Just as I don’t need to believe that all is hunky-dory, and that he is doing precisely as he should do.
    Here's the deal. I don't know if everything is hunky dory or if Lloyd is an axe murderer ( See Kyle Dranginis). What I do know is you are the one that should have been careful. You weren't.

( See Kyle Dranginis)
    ??

Quote Originally Posted by northsidezagfan View Post
    ??
    Back in the day there were wild rumors that Kyle had done something in the off-season that would result in a suspension or a dismissal from the team. It got to be hilarious and people started joking about him being an axe .murderer. in the end , nothing he had done amounted to anything and he had a very good season.

Back in the day there were wild rumors that Kyle had done something in the off-season that would result in a suspension or a dismissal from the team. It got to be hilarious and people started joking about him being an axe .murderer. in the end , nothing he had done amounted to anything and he had a very good season.
    Ahhh now I remember