Thread: Gonzaga Basketball - A Modern Tragedy - Part 4

Default Gonzaga Basketball - A Modern Tragedy - Part 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFCh-G--B6w

This might be the best 24 minutes I have spent in a very long time. Enjoy this up until the last game. It is outstanding. I love the Zags. For those that are interested you can google the first 3 parts of the Gonzaga Basketball - A Modern Tragedy.

In watching this - it just reminded me just how great Jalen Suggs was. What a joy to watch him play.
    Last edited by jsnider; 06-03-2021 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFCh-G--B6w

This might be the best 24 minutes I have spent in a very long time. Enjoy this up until the last game. It is outstanding. I love the Zags. For those that are interested you can google the first 3 parts of the Gonzaga Basketball - A Modern Tragedy.
    What "tragedy"?

Tears

Yes. I shed a few tears too. You gotta see this video. THE BEST ONE EVER. 24 minutes? No problem. When it's over you will wish it was only half way done. I say no more. Just go and watch the best ever. After watching that video of last years team, and thinking about what I wrote about next years team probably being better; I'm not so sure of that now. Last year's team was just dang fantastic.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

This series is fantastic!

Just a kid and passionate Zag fan with extra time offering an awesome tribute.

Shame on those for 1-starring these threads based on the word "tragedy".

Single/simple minded idea of "tragedy" and likely did not even watch the series. The word tragedy originally translates as 'drama', hence a modern day drama of sorts with the highs, lows, and everything in between. Drama as in plays or debate or competition can be inspiring.

Each 'part' is incrediibly reminiscent and does a great job capturing Zag basketball and how each season inevitably ended.

They pay homage as well as offer hope, yet every season, technically, ends in a loss...so far.

There is no regret or shame or anything presented as such.

When someone shared these videos before, they were also one-starred. Unfortunate and takes away from the true intent, and meaning here.

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post

Single/simple minded idea of "tragedy" and likely did not even watch the series. The word tragedy originally translates as 'drama', hence a modern day drama of sorts with the highs, lows, and everything in between. Drama as in plays or debate or competition can be inspiring.

Each 'part' is incrediibly reminiscent and does a great job capturing Zag basketball and how each season inevitably ended.

They pay homage as well as offer hope, yet every season, technically, ends in a loss...so far.

When someone shared these videos before, they were also one-starred. Unfortunate and takes away from the true intent, and meaning here.
    Shakespeare. Greek. Etc.

Unfortunately, classics are becoming taboo these days.

Thanks for your post. My thoughts exactly....If I were a mod I'd give the person who gave this a one star, a sincere warning that he or she had better be careful or they'll spend some time in Xile. No kiddin.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Great post Runner. I think the title is mislabeled

I am no writer but not sure how one puts tragedy in the title, "A Love Story," or something obviously positive might have been a better choice. Just sayin'
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I am no writer but not sure how one puts tragedy in the title, "A Love Story," or something obviously positive might have been a better choice. Just sayin'
    Great point, DZ.

I haven't even opened that link as I don't see anything tragic whatsoever in our story (which is, as Father Tony said once or twice ... "To Be Continued ...")

“To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Great point, DZ.

I haven't even opened that link as I don't see anything tragic whatsoever in our story (which is, as Father Tony said once or twice ... "To Be Continued ...")
    GZ... do yourself a favor and watch all 4. Disregard the title. I enjoyed all 3
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Great point, DZ.

I haven’t either. I will not watch anything with a terrible title like this. Verge of bankruptcy to flying two private jets in a dang preseason tourney to try to avoid Covid? Going to two natties? Yes not tragic. I do not care how good it may be. Tragic is the worst title you can possibly have and that def drives me away completely
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

You guys are cutting your nose off to spite your face. The videos do the Zags proud. They are fun to watch and actually have your mostest favoritus basketball players showing out. The title is not the hill to die on.