Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Sloot is the New Chicago Sky All-Time Scoring Leader

Hope you watched to the end SeaCat. Amazing Sky comeback.
    Sky win.

Courtney ended up just one rebound short of another triple double.
    10 points
    15 assists
    9 rebounds.
    Just one turnover.

I kept an eye on the score. I'm totally paranoid, once they started coming back I didn't want to turn the game on so I didn't jinx them. I gave up but the Sky obviously didn't. Huge congrats to them! 26-11 in Q4. Sloot 1 rebound shy of another triple double, 15 assists. Quigley huge w/ 26 points. Parker stepped up when they needed her to.

From Yahoo Sports:

Mercury players, led by known trash talker Diana Taurasi, decline to talk after WNBA Finals loss
    Johanna Huybers

While the Chicago Sky were celebrating their first WNBA championship in franchise history, the Phoenix Mercury players declined to comment and reportedly left Wintrust Arena on the team bus.

The Mercury did not provide a reason why they would not answer questions from the media or give any postgame comments. Head coach Sandy Brondello did hold a postgame news conference and answered questions.

After Sky head coach James Wade and Finals MVP Kahleah Copper met with the media, WNBA PR announced that Mercury players were declining to comment. Girls Talk Sports TV's Khristina Williams reported that the Mercury had left on the team bus shortly after the announcement.

he Mercury could be fined for refusing to do postgame media, although it is unclear whether or not the league will pursue that. Reporters were told that questions for the Mercury could be submitted to their PR via email.

@MechelleV said nothing like this has happened in her career covering WBB.
    Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...rOq?li=BBnb7Kz

Classy move by the "GOAT" and her teammates.

Color me surprised............NOT.

Congrats to Sloot, Sky and Sky Coaches for a job well done.

We look forward to May, 2022 for you to defend your title.

ZagDad

Taurasi also allegedly busted a door in the locker room.

Like I said, I lost a lot of respect for her this series, the way she conducted herself throughout.

It was kind of fitting that the official who called Taurasi for the Technical foul early in the game, was the same official that Taurasi has shoved a couple of times the game before.

Enough about the poor sports.

Sloot added to a couple of records today.

Vandersloot neared another postseason triple-double, which would have been her second and the third overall, with 10 points, 15 assists and nine rebounds. She set an all-time record for assists (50) in any postseason series, per Her Hoop Stats. The veteran point guard had 102 assists this playoffs, another WNBA record.
    From the WNBA twitter page:

The @chicagosky take the chip Bottle with popping cork

The Sky won two single-elimination games, defeated the No.1 seed in the Semifinals, and now are the FIRST-EVER No.6 seed to win the Trophy
    ZagDad

I wonder if anyone who has gotten as far as the Title series has averaged double digits in assists for an entire playoffs before? I looked at Bird, her highest was 9.2 just last year, but it only took Seattle 6 games to be crowned Champs.

Interestingly, Sloot is really not far behind Bird in career playoff assists--318 compared to 254. And that is 54 total games compared to 32. I'm not even sure if Bird is also the all time leader in playoff assists, but I would guess she is.

Whoa, Whalen has 340 in 82 games. How has she played in so many more than Bird? I guess because Seattle had some mediocre teams that didn't go far while Minnesota made a deep run almost every year (and Connecticut several times while Whalen was with them).

Quote Originally Posted by ZagDad84 View Post
    From Yahoo Sports:

Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...rOq?li=BBnb7Kz

Classy move by the "GOAT" and her teammates.

Color me surprised............NOT.

Congrats to Sloot, Sky and Sky Coaches for a job well done.

We look forward to May, 2022 for you to defend your title.

ZagDad

Mercury hear from the league:

https://www.cbssports.com/wnba/news/...g-game-4-loss/

Still probably chump change.
    But we don't play nobody.

This was a great move by the Sky.

The Sky responded with a bit of trolling by bringing the broken door to their championship parade and celebration in Chicago on Tuesday.
    Some of the mouthpieces on ESPN today suggested the Sky should have Taurasi sign the door.

ZagDad

Sue Bird said she's tempted to play one more WNBA season after checking out her team's sparkling new arena
    Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...Lx3?li=BBnbfcL

I wish I could say I was surprised but...............................uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh, but I'm not.

ZagDad