Thread: Aaron Cook transfers to Georgia

Default Aaron Cook transfers to Georgia

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/202...ers-to-georgia

Good luck to Aaron and wish him well at UGA. He will remain a Bulldog at least.

I will for sure be rooting hard for Aaron Cook. Hope he has a great season and keeps earning opportunities for himself.
    Classy dude
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

Best of luck and hope he does great. I loved his team first style
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

I will always admire his toughness, hustle, and smart play.

Georgia just picked up a great basketball player.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Mr. Cook played his role, on a very special team, as well as he was expected to. I hope he goes to Georgia and averages a triple double. I really enjoyed his performance here, and hated to see him leave. He gave himself up for the team last year, now it is time to look out for himself. Mr. Cook, you were a great Bulldog.

- best wishes aaron!

- hope as the years pass and we look back on the 20-21 team that made the final four undefeated......cook is not left out of the conversation.

Once a Zag, always a Zag (and might be the only double-Bulldog Zag). Godspeed!

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Once a Zag, always a Zag

This.

Thank you Aaron. Best of luck. Will be following you closely.
    But we don't play nobody.

In our history at GU, this is the first time I remember a very good player who did everything he was asked to do up and left. I wish him the brightest of futures. I’ll be following him with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    In our history at GU, this is the first time I remember a very good player who did everything he was asked to do up and left. I wish him the brightest of futures. I’ll be following him with interest.
    Abe, was thinking something similar...I don't believe we've ever had a player who transferred "laterally" (to a P5) like this before, due to a crowded talent pool...typically our transfers were guys who didn't get the PT they wanted and moved down somewhat to find a better fit. Aaron was in a short rotation on a team that went to the National Championship.

These are heady days, sometimes I have to take a deep breath!

Best of luck Aaron, you will always be a quintessential ZAG.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

If any of us could put yourself in his shoes, any of us might feel a certain “wince” in your “throwing” shoulder.And , as GoZags says, we know very little of the internal workings, Aaron rolled out before we had all these add ons. All we can say is a hearty “best wishes” and keep that kid in our prayers.

Good luck to Aaron.

Will never forget those two dunks by Cook, one left handed, in the San Diego game.

Quote Originally Posted by daskim View Post
    Good luck to Aaron.

Will never forget those two dunks by Cook, one left handed, in the San Diego game.
    That was fantastic.

Never once did I feel that Aaron Cook was a liability.

It blows my mind that a player of his caliber didn't see more time. He is going to make noise in the SEC.
    I miss Mike Hart

Outstanding young man in every way, Georgia's team GPA just went up half a point.

Best of luck. He's likely to get a lot more PT in Athens. I knew within a few games that Gonzaga landed themselves a high major talent. UGA is the perfect kind of place for him to go.

Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    Abe, was thinking something similar...I don't believe we've ever had a player who transferred "laterally" (to a P5) like this before, due to a crowded talent pool...typically our transfers were guys who didn't get the PT they wanted and moved down somewhat to find a better fit. Aaron was in a short rotation on a team that went to the National Championship.

These are heady days, sometimes I have to take a deep breath!

Best of luck Aaron, you will always be a quintessential ZAG.
    Spangler? Gibbs?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Spangler? Gibbs?
    The teams they were on weren't as good.
    Spangler was homesick so not due to the talent pool.
    Gibbs 'cause it was the only way to get 6 years of eligibility. LOL
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Spangler? Gibbs?
    That's why I said "typically"...although I agree with Willandi, different circumstances...but probably a stronger argument for Spangler vs. Gibbs as a "lateral" transfer IMO, extenuating circumstances notwithstanding.

Such is the stuff of off-season posts lol
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Spangler played in a final four versus Villanova in 2016. Oklahoma lost in the biggest blowout ever in a final four. 95/51

My sister lives in Georgia and follows UGA. Said they had 9 transfers this past year. Can't imagine Cook not starting when they're starting from scratch. May be a tough year for him though given that. She said one transfer claimed he wanted to be closer to home in Houston after the year of Covid. Then apparently had Gonzaga and some California teams on his list, ended up going to Kentucky. A lot of jokes about his map reading abilities.

Sorry to see him go, he was a key piece of the team this year. Wishing him all the best.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V