Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indonesian recruit? News to me?

So is this young man from Indonesia or the Philippines as a poster mentioned above?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    So is this young man from Indonesia or the Philippines as a poster mentioned above?
    Indonesia. I think I might have been the one that mistakenly put Phillipines.

If he’s really 22 years old, shouldn’t he be pitching for the Indonesian Little League baseball team?

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    If he’s really 22 years old, shouldn’t he be pitching for the Indonesian Little League baseball team?
    Nigerian.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Nigerian.
    Who's on first?

Thanks for the clarification. The old/young guy is the 7'9" player. This thread jumped topics and I obviously wasn't keeping up...

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Who's on first?

Thanks for the clarification. The old/young guy is the 7'9" player. This thread jumped topics and I obviously wasn't keeping up...
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Holy crap.

Shouldn't this be in the Whelping Box??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Shouldn't this be in the Whelping Box??
    Depends. Is he (verbally) committed, or is GU a school of interest (from one or both parties)? Not sure what was lost in translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Iíll bet Spy had him on his radar!
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    Nice
    Why are we taking "pot-shots" at someone who isn't here to defend himself???

"Let sleeping dogs lie..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Why are we taking "pot-shots" at someone who isn't here to defend himself???

"Let sleeping dogs lie..."
    He has an alt...

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    He has an alt...
    A what?

Why do we need to start sheet? Enough already, geez...

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    I think the problem is people think Ballo should have had a freshman season like what Hunter Dickinson had for Michigan, but few consider that Dickinson was 20 before the season started and Ballo isnít even 19 yet. If Ballo was a US kid he would be graduating high school in the next week or two. Suggs will actually be 20 in June, while Ballo wonít even be 19 until July. While Ballo may have struggled to keep up with GUís globetrotter offense, I bet in 2 years when he is 20 he will be pretty damn good for Arizona. Give Ballo some time, age wise he should be a freshman in the coming season.
    that's right remember Kelly Olynik his freshman year, clumsy sometimes and body wasn't ready yet, and look what a few years (along with a huge dose of Travis Knight) did. I will not be surprised if Ballo improves leaps and bounds and will be totally happy for him, he has sacrificed his youth for his family for a dream they all shared for him. Hope the capacity becomes ability.

GU did not push Ballo out. Ayayi was patient and became effective in his third year and we know what a great season he had this past season. I think Ballo was either impatient or didn’t like the pace of the game GU was playing. With Olynk, he already had some great elements to his game before he took his redshirt year.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan1 View Post
    GU did not push Ballo out. Ayayi was patient and became effective in his third year and we know what a great season he had this past season. I think Ballo was either impatient or didn’t like the pace of the game GU was playing. With Olynk, he already had some great elements to his game before he took his redshirt year.
    The staff probably knew that Chet was coming and Timme coming back. With Watson, Gregg and Perry, he was in line to be the 6th player for two positions.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?