Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nolan Hickman is a Zag

Default Nolan Hickman is a Zag

It’s official. He’s a Zag

39:55

https://youtu.be/R_JyckgPsQE

Edit: I’m being accused of posting this from CaldwellZag’s site. I am not a paying member there. I first saw it on CougarBoard. My guess is whoever posted it there was watching BYU’s own commits graduating from Wasatch Academy, which is in Utah, and posted the Hickman news specifically:

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/me...ml?id=26139205
    Last edited by zagdontzig; 05-15-2021 at 03:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Welcome Nolan. You will be a great zag
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Welcome Nolan! Next year is going to be fun to watch.

Don't think we've ever seen a high level recruit announce in this manner.

Quote Originally Posted by whatazag View Post
    Welcome Nolan! Next year is going to be fun to watch.

Don't think we've ever seen a high level recruit announce in this manner.
    I really respect announcing that way. No pomp or circumstance, just get down to business.
    Go Zags!!!

Three burger boys in one class?!

What a time to be a zag. Does this affect Dom?

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Three burger boys in one class?!

What a time to be a zag. Does this affect Dom?
    I'm not worried about Dom, he'll rise to the challenge.

This team is going to be loaded. So much talent.

lol, the news still hasn't hit news sites.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I'm not worried about Dom, he'll rise to the challenge.
    +1.

It looks like a nice rotation with Nembhard, Harris, Strawther, Sallis, and Hickman. Dom should have a leg up on Hickman as someone who knows the offense already. It's a crazy time to be a Zag because Dom probably would have gotten a lot of minutes from the jump if he was on past Zag teams. It was no shame to be playing behind future NBAers last year.

Awesome new, by the way.

That's not his official announcement. I'm guessing that they ask every student what school they are going to, and he said Gonzaga. I highly doubt this was planned

Also, whoever posted this, I hope your not a paying customer at Caldwells site as it's been out all morning.

Default Nolan Hickman is a Zag

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    I really respect announcing that way. No pomp or circumstance, just get down to business.
    You didn’t hear the opening music? Pomp AND Circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    That's not his official announcement. I'm guessing that they ask every student what school they are going to, and he said Gonzaga. I highly doubt this was planned

Also, whoever posted this, I hope your not a paying customer at Caldwells site as it's been out all morning.
    Caldy’s site broke this hours ago. It’s their exclusive and should have been sourced that way by the OP.

Have a hard time believing that was intentional....but I am thrilled to have him!

Top 5 PGs in back to back recruiting classes. I like that Hickman brings a very different skill set from Dom, Hunter, and Andrew.

Team goes a legit 10/11 deep- Timme, Holmgren, Nembhard, Strawther, Harris, Hickman, Sallis, Bolton, Watson, Perry, and Gregg. With the exception of Timme and Gregg, not sure there's a player who doesn't play multiple positions. I wouldn't mind seeing one more veteran big with some thickness (especially if Perry's is injured), but with Timme, Perry, Holmgren, and a proper season of development for Gregg, we are in pretty great shape at the 4/5.

Even with the 12 on the roster, delegation of minutes will be challenging. Few tends to keep it to 8-10, but he's never had a team with this much talent.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Caldy’s site broke this hours ago. It’s their exclusive and should have been sourced that way by the OP.
    Caldwells source gave him the info or the YouTube of the commencement gave him the info?

Quote Originally Posted by GorgeZag View Post
    Caldwells source gave him the info or the YouTube of the commencement gave him the info?
    A subscriber dug out the YT video and posted it after a rumor was posted on the site.

Hickman is really, really good. And someone the coaches will trust immensely given how he plays.

Caldwell had it for awhile. But once the video hit YouTube it’s fair game and fair to post. Probably not the college reveal they were expecting, but he nodded in affirmation after it. Great news for us.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post

A subscriber dug out the YT video and posted it after a rumor was posted on the site.
    I am not a paying member at Caldwell’s. I found it on CougarBoard, who probably found it watching their own commits graduating from Wasatch Academy:

Please be more thoughtful before making accusations.
    Go Zags!!!

The news is starting to hit the Twittersphere now. Hopefully Nolan is happy with the way things worked out at the ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by ET2021 View Post
    The news is starting to hit the Twittersphere now. Hopefully Nolan is happy with the way things worked out at the ceremony.
    My fav part of the youtube video was when they announced Gonzaga University he just nodded his head like "yep thats right".

Posted this onanother site...I work in HS’s and what is announced at graduation is what’s given to the school by the student and/or family. We only announce what they say their plans are based on that. If he didn’t want the news out he would say “undecided” on the card. We’ve announced a few of those each year.

I would be shocked beyond belief if this isn't what happened. This is a basketball school that has tons of kids announce their school decisions a multitude of ways, so I’m sure they know what they’re doing. Very unconventional way to announce, but also pretty cool. Welcome to Gonzaga Nolan! So excited to see you shine as a Zag!

Quote Originally Posted by ET2021 View Post
    Have a feeling this is how he planned it...which is really really cool way to do it.

Humble kid having your principle announce it during your HS graduation.

Love it.

I am not a paying member at Caldwell’s. I found it on CougarBoard, who probably found it watching their own commits graduating from Wasatch Academy:

Please be more thoughtful before making accusations.
    I stand corrected and apologize for misconstruing the provenance of the YouTube video. As you say, it was in the public domain and hence your posting it was not poaching Caldy’s site.